What are some good bible commentaries?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What are some good bible commentaries in epub or kindle format? No hardcopy, because my house has no space for them.
I never used one so I can't advise. I was just happy with my bible and a devotional and the understanding given through the Holy Spirit.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reactions: Pearl

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
When I'm on my phone, I use bible gateway which has a number of commentaries ie: Matthew Henry, NIV application and others. I rarely use them though.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are some good bible commentaries in epub or kindle format? No hardcopy, because my house has no space for them.

From Genesis chapter 3, where man brought sin into the world and fell from God, through Revelations, is the story of Redemption.

The Old Testament directly or indirectly is the story of Redemption. All the history and prophesy found are a type of Redemption.

Christ is hidden in types and shadows all through the OT. In the New Testament those types and shadows are revealed in the person of Jesus Christ. Paul often referred to these types and shadows in his letters.

If you want a clearer understanding of Scripture, find commentary with the lens focused on this principle of Redemption. It is what Paul called "my Gospel." It is the view of the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, which is the Redemption of man.

Kenneth Wuest has an excellent commentary with this view. Although not very well received nowadays, Jimmy Swaggart has compiled a commentary of the complete Scripture through this lens. He has taken from numerous theologians and scholars this viewpoint.

If you search out commentary based on God's plan of Redemption, you will find that the Scripture opens up as never before, the pieces of the puzzle will begin to place themselves.

Last edited: