What are your plans once the Tribulatin begins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
I don't suppose you looked at any of those links I posted? I doesn't suprise me though, to be honest that very last part was aimed directly at you. I know your very firm on all your beliefs and I didn't really think you would be open to the possibiblity that you might be wrong on this. But I still hope that you check them out even if you do it close-mindedly. Because honestly if we aren't able to look at the bible from different point of views how can we expect to learn anything new or grow in our knowledge of God. We CAN'T!! Anyway I really hope you will atleast look at the information jagAnd I didn't mean for any of that to sound rude.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Followerof christMost people here have really looked at the pre-rapture theory alot over time. I can tell you I have read every book I could find on the subject. I wanted it to be that way because it would make life a lot easier for a christian. But if you throw every book away and forget about them and just read the bible on its own merit you will not see the pre rapture theory. You will only see the seconed coming around the 7th trumpet. This docterine is the most misleading of all. Take your own advice and pretentd you havent learned the rap theory and just read scripture and you will see what I mean.

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
Crooner~Well said. I agree plainly on the basis of the seventh trumpet! I prayed for God to reveal certain truths to salvation, rapture, and other things. He revealed the seventh trumpet second coming. Which should be right before the wrath.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Well I am not very learned in scripture yet so if yall who are could post scripture dissproving the points that are made for the rapture on the site and show me how it is misunderstanding the scripture the site uses to prove it I would greatly appreciate it! Because so far yall are just telling me wrong without really telling me why.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
followerofchristread 2 thess 2:1-4 for that day will not come until the man of lawlessness(anti christ)1thess: 13-17

Doctorex

Jan 6, 2008
Read Rev 20:4-6. 4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.This describes those in the first resurrection at the return of Christ who were beheaded for their testimony and not worshipping the beast or his image, therefore the first resurrection obviously takes place AFTER the tribulation. Jesus says these are of the FIRST resurrection, and verse five clearly states that there will not be another resurrection until after the 1000 years reign of Christ. Now heres the clincher.... 1Thess 4:16-17 says the dead are taken first, so if the dead are taken before the living, why is there among the dead those who were killed during the tribulation? 1Thess 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(followerofchrist;30522)
Well I am not very learned in scripture yet so if yall who are could post scripture dissproving the points that are made for the rapture on the site and show me how it is misunderstanding the scripture the site uses to prove it I would greatly appreciate it! Because so far yall are just telling me wrong without really telling me why.
dearest followerofchrist I assure you there is no scripture that supports any kind of pre-trib rapture it has all been a lie of men a twist of scripture there is not any scripture for a rapture, Sorry to disappoint you but it is not in the word of GodWe will all be changed into incoruptable(spirit) bodies only at one time and that is at the coming of the Lord at the 7th trump Antichrist comes in the 6th trumpGod protects his own just as he did Daniel in the furnace or Noah in the flood but no one is flying out of here All will have to pass the test of chosing the fake christ or wait for the real Christ

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Doctorex;30732)
Read Rev 20:4-6. 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
The word "air" as used in that scripture doesn't mean air as the atmosphere but rather means our spirits, our breath of life, our pnuma.Air #109 ~ aer, from aemi ( to breathe unconsciously, i.e. respire by anal. to blow) "air" (as naturally circumambient) _ air Comp. 5594............atha ~ see 3134#5594 ~ 5590 from psuche, from 5594; breath, i.e. (by impl.) spirit, abstr. or concr. (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguised on the one hand from 4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; (snip)#4151 ~ pneuma, from 4154; a current of air, i.e breath (blast) or a breeze; by anal. or fig. a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul (by impl.) vital principle, ment. disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit the Holy Spirit: - ghost, life, spirit (-ual.-ually), mind, Comp. 5590#3134 ~ maran atha: of Chald. or (mean, our Lord has come); maranatha, i.e. an exclamation of the approaching divine judgment: - Maran-atha Christ will be on earth...He is coming here to meet us and we will all be changed into spirit bodies (not float off in the air in some rapture believers picture).For the first time I noticed that at the end of description #109 it tells us to "See 3134" which is the word Maranatha - Our Lord Has Come. When He arrives we are changed into spirit bodies.....He is coming here for the thousand years....we will be on earth....Whirlwind

Jerusalem Junkie

Jan 7, 2008
(followerofchrist;30522)
Ouch! They could sit here and drill this stuff till the cows come home but you have to have an open mind to the scripture. To be honest its not for us to figure why or when. Its our job to accept the Word of God for what it is FACT. Theres one thing you can be sure of, Gods word is constant, it never waviers or changes from one book to the next, God gave his word through man and man in turn put Gods word into scripture mans interpretation may vary but God knows what he said and when he said it. Relax, just let it flow you will get it. Does any of that make sense or is it just me?:bible:

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
There are three reasons why I think that the pre trib rapture is a false theory1. its scripturally inaccurate as has already been described.2. It makes christ a liar, he says again and again "be prepared." for the end times. If you believe in the pre trib rapture that makes his words completley unnecesary, and gives us completley false fear. 3. It goes against common sense, If God is going to cause all these disasters to come across the earth to catch the worlds attention about him so that they may learn the truth, why would he take away everyone who knows the truth. Wouldn't that be defeating his purposenow on the otherhand I am going to read those links that you posted so if there as good as you say they are my beliefs might be challenged.but I dboubt it.your brother in christRyan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Two;30761)
Ouch! They could sit here and drill this stuff till the cows come home but you have to have an open mind to the scripture. To be honest its not for us to figure why or when. Its our job to accept the Word of God for what it is FACT. Theres one thing you can be sure of, Gods word is constant, it never waviers or changes from one book to the next, God gave his word through man and man in turn put Gods word into scripture mans interpretation may vary but God knows what he said and when he said it. Relax, just let it flow you will get it. Does any of that make sense or is it just me?:bible:
Well you are mistaken there Two God told us these things for a reason we are to learn them If you do not know who your enemy is when he is coming and what you are supposed to do then how are you to do what God tells us. you will be left standing there on Judgement day saying well I know you wroteit down for us God but I didnt bother to read and learn it?? that wont get it.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Other than what Whirlwind has already discribed there is NO scripture in the Bible that says there will be a pre-trib Rapture NONE, NOTTA, ZEROTHERE IS NO RAPTURE IN THE BIBLE AT ALL its not a matter of explaining scripture its a matter of beliveing men or God thats it. God says there is only one time we are to meet him and that is at his coming he never talks about any Pre rapture in fact if you read at the top of our front page Ez13:20 God says he does not like those who teach that we will fly away (thats rapture doctrine)

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Pre -trib rapture stared because of one verse 1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive [and] remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. The problem is thats not exactly what it says in hebrew (read Whrilwinds post)but even if you take it at face value When is this supposed to happen???We are told in Peters second letter2 Thessalonians 21Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers,Concerning what ? the coming of the Lord and our gathering 2not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come.This is including his first letter 1 Thess. we are not to be confused by it 3Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. That day What day ? the day the Lord gathers us. It will NOT occur until AFTERrebellion and the man of lawlessness. Who is this man ?It is antichrist (Satan himself this is another name for Satan. 4He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God. This is speaking of the Abomination of Desolation (Daniel) this does not occur until the middle of the tribulation So it is very clear that our gathering to the Lord does not occur until after the Antichristand after the Ambomination.So when are we changed to meet the Lord???? 1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. The last trump is the 7th one Satan (antichrist comes at the 6th trump)the last time I looked #6 has always come before #7 This is really pretty basic there is no scripture in the ENTIRE bible that speaks of any pre trib Rapture

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
Thanks for the posts, I will admit I am questioning the rapture because of what yall said, so if yall have anything else I welcome it.

Doctorex

Jan 6, 2008
(whirlwind;30756)
Christ will be on earth...He is coming here to meet us and we will all be changed into spirit bodies (not float off in the air in some rapture believers picture).He is coming here for the thousand years....we will be on earth....Whirlwind
I agree, the Kingdom of god will be set up on Earth. Chapter 2 of Daniel also makes this clear.34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.44 And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountain without hands, and that it brake in pieces the iron, the brass, the clay, the silver, and the gold; the great God hath made known to the king what shall come to pass hereafter: and the dream is certain, and the interpretation thereof sure.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
KrissIf God is going to destroy the heavens and the earth, dont you think it will need time to re inhabit the earth. Thats one reason I think we might go to heaven#3 for 1000 years.And then come back along with the new isreal that will hover over the earth.

crooner

Aug 11, 2007
Kriss Matt:24:30,31 @nd coming hes coming in the clouds to gather his elect from one end of heavens to the next. He will send his angels to get us and we are going to heaven for 1000 years. Jesus does not touch earth at this time.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(guysmith;30883)
followerofChrist,You stated: Thanks for the posts, I will admit I am questioning the rapture because of what yall said, so if yall have anything else I welcome it. My response: This five minute read might help.http://www.geocities.com/guysmith123/144000In Yehoshua,Guy Smith
Thanks for the link, I read about half of it. But I am at school so and don't have enough time, so I will read the rest when I get home.