What are your plans once the Tribulatin begins?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(crooner;30889)
Kriss Matt:24:30,31 @nd coming hes coming in the clouds to gather his elect from one end of heavens to the next. He will send his angels to get us and we are going to heaven for 1000 years. Jesus does not touch earth at this time.
Matthew 24:29 "Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not have her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:"After what tribulation?This is saying that immediately after that tribulation of Satan, (5th/6th trump)which is the Antichrist deception, This is the tribulation we talk about as the As the Tribulation (Notice no one has gone anywhere) After comes the 7th trump known as God's tribulation we often lump these two tribulations together as one thing they have differnt purposes'sSatan is coming to deceive this will seprate the true believer from the false the wheat from the shaffChrist is coming back to gather his church to him this is the 7th trumpthe second advent. There are two tribulations, and you had better know the difference. And the timingMatthew 24:30 "And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory."This is after the tribulation of the deception, after the Antichrist ruled and claimed himself to be God, and after all the events of the first six seals are over; Then Jesus Christ, the Son of man will come to earth in the clouds of heaven, which are all those souls that have lived, died and gone to be with the Lord. Then the true Christ, the true Messiah, who is the Lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world, will come and claim His own, and not one moment before. Matthew 24:31 "And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other."This is the seventh and the last trumpet, and there will be no coming by Christ until that time, except the Spirit of God working within you. This is the time that the angels of God will go to every corner of the earth, and even to the heavens to gather the elect of God. Are you one of God's elect? Are you going to be in the field working for God, or wandering after the fake Christ?This is the verse that explains the two working in the field one will be taken the other will be left You want to be the one left working for God in the field(world)The one taken is the one taken by Satan and his fallen Angelswe are told to wait and keep doing Gods workMatthew 24:32 "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:"This is the only parable we are told to learn in Gods wordThis lets us know that the generation of the end times begin in the year 1948. For both the good and the bad fig tree returned to Judaea and were placed there, as Jeremiah wrote in Jeremiah 24. That is the subject of Matthew 24. Jesus told us in Mark 13:28, 29, "Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When her branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is near," [28] "So ye in like manner, when ye shall see these things come to pass, know that it is nigh even at the doors." [29]

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(crooner;30888)
KrissIf God is going to destroy the heavens and the earth, dont you think it will need time to re inhabit the earth. Thats one reason I think we might go to heaven#3 for 1000 years.And then come back along with the new isreal that will hover over the earth.
Crooner you are thinking like a human:)What happens to us when Christ returns?1Cr 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. We will not be in our physical bodies we are changed to incoruptable spirit bodies (these are not ghost bodies they have some subtance)So we will not be flesh and blood, We are told flesh and blood can not enter into heaven. Another reason the rapture theroy is baloney But we are told heaven comes to earth as heaven is where Christ/God is Chapter 20 of the Book of Revelation covers the first days of the Millennium, when Jesus Christ comes to earth to establish His kingdom. This chapter runs close to the prophecies of Ezekiel in the last eight (8) chapters of the book of Ezekiel. "Millennium" means "1,000 years", and this period is basically a 1,000 years of teaching and learning.Jesus Christ will be with us here on earth in His kingdom then. There will be teaching and discipline, and many people saved in this Millennium period. For some you could even look at the Millennium kingdom as the "time of salvation", for many will accept and follow Christ in the Millennium. However the period of grace is for this age of the flesh only, for in the Millennium age salvation will be by their works only, The New heavens and New earth happen after the Milliuem (1000years)

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one waits or procrastinates till the tribulation begins to implement a plan, is that going to be just a little bit LATE?

Doctorex

Jan 6, 2008
(dawngordon;31320)
revelation 7#14 says they COME OUT, which means to exit
Yes, but to exit from something don't you first have to be in it? If I exit from a car, was I in the car, or did I sidestep it completely?

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
guysmith Newbie Evangelist Join Date: Nov 2007 What are your plans once the Tribulatin begins? What is everyone’s plans one the Tribulation period begins? It is coming BTW, maybe tomorrow. My plans are clear. I am wondering what the rest of you are planning to do?In Yehoshua,Guy Smithhttp://www.geocities.com/guysmith123/144000
Hi Guy,We won't know the day it begins because then we could count the days till Christ return. But we will know the times by the events and what we should be doing.We must be telling luke warm Christians to get their acts together and get into the presence of God and find their heart in him before he returns for the bride to attend the wedding feast.Faithful.
smile.gif

#2 12-05-2007, 10:57 AM thesuperjag Experienced Evangelist Join Date: Apr 2007Matthew 24:36 - But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.Matthew 24:29 - Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:Jag.
Hi Jag,Christ clearly not knowing the hour and day of his return still clearly recognised the events. And what is a sign of the after period of the last times of tribulation. He never knew the day but we do know how to be ready for him.Would you mind posting some scripture about getting ready as I will have to go through my bible on-line and my computer keeps freezing at present and cutting out. I think we should all be getting ready for his return everyday so we do not become lapsed and are ready.Thanks Jag in anticipation.
smile.gif
Thank you.

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
job one,You stated: If one waits or procrastinates till the tribulation begins to implement a plan, is that going to be just a little bit LATE? My response: I agree. I believe that God has given us with the prophetic scriptures because He has proviided us with a "plan" to physically escape the Great Tribulation and be alive at Christ's advent. The following is a brief description of those plans. http://www.geocities.com/guysmith123/144000.htmlIn Yehoshua,Guy Smith

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
Faithful,You stated: We won't know the day it begins because then we could count the days till Christ return.My response: I disagree. The Tribulation period has a starting point and for those who "watch," they will know that point. The part I do agree with is that those that know the starting point will also know the day of Christ's advent.In Yehoshua,Guy Smithhttp://www.geocities.com/guysmith123/144000.html

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
(whirlwind;30756)
The word "air" as used in that scripture doesn't mean air as the atmosphere but rather means our spirits, our breath of life, our pnuma.Air #109 ~ aer, from aemi ( to breathe unconsciously, i.e. respire by anal. to blow) "air" (as naturally circumambient) _ air Comp. 5594............atha ~ see 3134#5594 ~ 5590 from psuche, from 5594; breath, i.e. (by impl.) spirit, abstr. or concr. (the animal sentient principle only; thus distinguised on the one hand from 4151, which is the rational and immortal soul; (snip)#4151 ~ pneuma, from 4154; a current of air, i.e breath (blast) or a breeze; by anal. or fig. a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul (by impl.) vital principle, ment. disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit the Holy Spirit: - ghost, life, spirit (-ual.-ually), mind, Comp. 5590#3134 ~ maran atha: of Chald. or (mean, our Lord has come); maranatha, i.e. an exclamation of the approaching divine judgment: - Maran-atha Christ will be on earth...He is coming here to meet us and we will all be changed into spirit bodies (not float off in the air in some rapture believers picture).For the first time I noticed that at the end of description #109 it tells us to "See 3134" which is the word Maranatha - Our Lord Has Come. When He arrives we are changed into spirit bodies.....He is coming here for the thousand years....we will be on earth....Whirlwind
That's really interesting because you guys are all ways quick to point out what the Greek say's until it doesn't line up with your teaching.In the above scripture you quoted the word clouds still just means clouds.So what if air just means breathing.So we'll be breathing when Jesus takes us up in the clouds!Big deal I'm not impressed!You guys can stay here if you want but when Jesus calls, I'm out of here!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Jody, do you not know that when the bible says something... God's Word are full of symbolic.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

watchman

Feb 7, 2008
I plan to head for the hills,God has a place prepared for me ,where he will feed me and protect me from the face of the serpent.

Jan 26, 2008
I may be wrong but I am only braceing myself against the rock in the storm of life. I know above all that I love Him, and that my very life will be asked of me....unless...He lifts me alive from an America ablaze in hydrogen and chemical warfare.It may even destroy the entire nation in the space of 1 hour. I digress. I look forward to the judgement of mankind and my own as that day every man who ever lived will find out his true worth. Oh boy! I get excited thinking about it! Once again, forgive me, I am not looking any farther than being prepared to meet Him either dead or alive. As long as we prepare for that we'll all be okay. Peace to you all.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
(thesuperjag;34463)
Jody, do you not know that when the bible says something... God's Word are full of symbolic.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Yes, when you guys can't get the scriptures to fit what you believe you start quoting simplism to make it fit.I'm sorry I don't buy into the symbolism thing in the context of this scripture.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
(Ronnie seeks His face;34497)
I may be wrong but I am only braceing myself against the rock in the storm of life. I know above all that I love Him, and that my very life will be asked of me....unless...He lifts me alive from an America ablaze in hydrogen and chemical warfare.It may even destroy the entire nation in the space of 1 hour. I digress. I look forward to the judgement of mankind and my own as that day every man who ever lived will find out his true worth. Oh boy! I get excited thinking about it! Once again, forgive me, I am not looking any farther than being prepared to meet Him either dead or alive. As long as we prepare for that we'll all be okay. Peace to you all.
Good point about America being blown away in one hour.I believe that America is the Harlot of Babylon also.Although I'm believing that Christians will be taken out of here before that happens!I sure hope I'm right, if not all of us here in America will suffer the consequences of that distruction.But we'll still be in Jesus arms if we die!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(jodycour;34502)
Yes, when you guys can't get the scriptures to fit what you believe you start quoting simplism to make it fit.I'm sorry I don't buy into the symbolism thing in the context of this scripture.
Jody I can not even believe you said that then you deny much of Gods words he himself explains his own symbolism I agree we shouldn't look for symbolism out side the scripture but if you dont think God uses symbolism to teach like one would a child what do you call it? in Rev. alone he tells us Stars are Angels,Waters are people,candlesticks are churchs what do you call that if not symbolism. You are only saying these things because that will cause you to look past mens Words and look at Gods Wordno matter how much denial you want to have God promises no rapture, I have no problem with you holding out hope, even though its fruitless but deny the things that Gods Word tells us to maintain your hope is going a step to far. Dont you think?

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
some of us believe it already started during the apostles times It just has not reached all its dreadful end yet.Gods blessings

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(horsecamp;34789)
some of us believe it already started during the apostles times It just has not reached all its dreadful end yet.Gods blessings
My grandparents also believe this, its common among the luthern denomination. But it confuses me since the bible says the tribulation period lasts 7 years. As you will see in the Scripture verses listed below, the Great Tribulation will last 7 years. At the midpoint of the Tribulation, the Antichrist will seat himself in the Temple of God that will have to rebuilt by the Jewish people. He will proclaim himself to be God. This event is called the abomination of desolation by the prophet Daniel. Jesus Himself specifically refers to this event in the New Testament. Jesus says that once this event occurs, that His people are to literally run for the hills. Jesus says that the last three and half years of the Tribulation set off by the abomination of desolation will be the worst tribulation and time of trouble that the world has ever seen. He says that had these days not been shortened by God the Father, that no flesh would be saved. I feel Jesus is implying that man probably would have destroyed the earth at or shortly after the Battle of Armageddon. The Antichrist starts to lose control of his empire. Other nations come against him in the battle of Armageddon. With the availability of nuclear weapons, my guess is that the Antichrist may have been willing to "hit the button" if he thought he was going to lose his empire. If he hits the button, chances are the other nations he is going to fight against will also be willing to hit the button, and you thus could end up in a full scale nuclear war.You have already seen what an ego-maniac this man is going to be from the description of his personality in the above verses. With him being under the influence and control of Satan, I feel the most logical conclusion is that both he and Satan would be more than willing to hit the nuclear button if they thought they could not retain control of their built up empire.I really feel that this is what Jesus meant when he said that no flesh would be saved if God had not shortened these days at the end of this Tribulation. Here are the key Scripture verses on the 7 year Tribulation.1. This first verse from Daniel shows that the 7 year Tribulation is initially established by the Antichrist confirming a covenant with Israel and then in the middle of the covenant he will set up the abomination of desolation. "Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; but in the middle of the week he shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abomination shall be one who makes desolate, even until the consummation, which is determined, is poured out on the desolate." (Daniel 9:27) One week has been determined to be one year. How do you know that? Because in the middle of the week, the Antichrist sets up the abomination of desolation. And we already know that once the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 42 months or three and half years to go before the end. So that tells us that one week is equal to 7 years. This is how you know that the Tribulation is for a 7 year time period.2. The next verse from Daniel specifically tells you that once the animal sacrifice is taken away from the Jews and the abomination of desolation is set up, that there will be 1290 days until the end!! 1290 is three and half years and 13 days. "And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand, two hundred and ninety days (1290). Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty five days (1335)." (Daniel 12:11-12) Notice in the first part of the above verse that it says "the daily sacrifice is taken away." This refers to the fact that when the Jewish people rebuild their Temple, they will once more reinstitute the practice of animal sacrifice as they did in the Old Testament.The Antichrist will allow this to go on for a time, but when he sets himself up to sit in the Temple of God in the abomination of desolation, he will take this privilege away from the Jewish people! This verse is giving you two key pieces to let you know when we are at the midpoint of the Tribulation - the taking away of animal sacrifices and the Antichrist seating himself up in the Temple proclaiming himself to be God.At that point, we have 42 months or as Daniel says above, 1290 days which is three and half years plus 13 days. The last sentence refers however to the people going a little longer - 1335 days. This may be referring to when Jesus comes down and destroys the armies that have come against Jerusalem in the battle of Armageddon - the time period for the Jews to come back to their homes since a lot of them will have been in hiding during the last three and half years.3. Here is another verse that bears repeating under this caption - once again showing that the persecution of the Jews and saints of God will only last three and half years. "He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, shall persecute the saints of the Most High, and shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand for a time and times and half a time." (Daniel 7:25) A time = 1 year. Times = 2 years. Half a time = half a year. Total comes to three and half years.4. Here is another verse showing that the Antichrist will have a period of 42 months to continue his carnage. This verse uses the unit of time of 42 months - which again is three and half years. "And he was given a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies, and he was given authority to continue for forty two months." (Revelations 13:5) 5. Here is the verse from Jesus telling everyone to "run for the hills" once the abomination of desolation occurs with the Antichrist. This is where Jesus also tells us that this Tribulation will be the worst of times in all of human history. "Therefore when you see the 'abomination of desolation' spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place, then those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. Let him who is on the housetop not come down to take anything out of his house. And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. But woe to those who are pregnant and to those nursing babies in those days! And pray that your flight may not be in the winter or on the Sabbath. For then there will be great tribulation such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect's sake those days will be shortened." (Matthew 24:15-22) 6. And here is the final verse showing the carnage that will result from the Tribulation. This next verse says that two thirds of the Jewish people will be killed by the Antichrist. This is going to be worse than the German holocaust!!!! I think in one of the books I read, two thirds of the Jewish people will equate to 9.3 million Jews being killed by this one man. This will top the 6 million Jews that were killed in the German holocaust. However this verse does not tell us how many of the Christians will be killed by the Antichrist. "And it shall come to pass in all the land," says the Lord, "THAT TWO-THIRDS IN IT SHALL BE CUT OFF AND DIE. BUT ONE THIRD SHALL BE LEFT IN IT: I will bring the one-third through the fire, will refine them as silver is refined, and test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people’, and each one will say, ‘The Lord is My God.’ " (Zechariah 13:8-9) The end of the Great Tribulation will now lead up to the Battle of Armageddon which will be the last and final battle before Jesus comes back the 2nd time to put an end to the Antichrist, the False Prophet, Satan and all the other nations who are coming against Israel in this final battle.Now as far as what I plan on doing when the tribulation begins...I'm not planning a thing. I will witness to as many as possible and will do what ever God calls for me to do. I'm not going to run away and try hide from the world, and all the evil in it. I am going to fight against the evil, trying to bring as many people to christ as possible. I am almost positive that life is going to be harder than I could ever imagine but its our duty, and I am going to give it my best. But once the Antichrist proclaims himself as God, I'm gone! We are told to 'run for the hills' when this occurs and that is exactly what I will do.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Well Kriss,In Revelation, Yes I see very clearly about the symbolism.But when it comes to the scripture when Jesus is taking us into the Clouds I don't see it at all!It does not make any sense in the context of what is being said at the time!