What are your thoughts about the Stars in the Sky, and the Planets that exist inthe CreatedUniverse?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
833786e39df0dd79c662b6eb73887fcc.jpg

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your thoughts about the Stars in the Sky, and the Planets that exist in the Created Universe?Report

Do you enjoy being able to see the stars in a place that you enjoy seeing them well on a clear night sky?

Have you ever used a telescope to look and see a planet that exist out there in what is considered Outer space?
Hello MatthewG, good questions,

Most of the stars in our galaxy are thought to host their own families of planets. The Milky Way galaxy is just one of the billions of galaxies in the universe. The universe is a vast expanse of space that contains all of everything in existence. The universe contains all of the galaxies, stars, and planets.

How to See Stars at Night (5 Step Beginner's Guide) (spacetonight.com)

The Complete Guide to the Planets You Can See With a Telescope (littleastronomy.com)

Love, Walter and Debbie

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello MatthewG, good questions,

Most of the stars in our galaxy are thought to host their own families of planets. The Milky Way galaxy is just one of the billions of galaxies in the universe. The universe is a vast expanse of space that contains all of everything in existence. The universe contains all of the galaxies, stars, and planets.

How to See Stars at Night (5 Step Beginner's Guide) (spacetonight.com)

The Complete Guide to the Planets You Can See With a Telescope (littleastronomy.com)

Love, Walter and Debbie

Thank you Walter and Debbie.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This reminds me of how snow itself is similar to the stars in the sky. Every snow flake is unique in it's own special way, which is similar to us Human beings in how all of us are unique in our own ways. How awesome God is, worthy of praise.

Reactions: Pearl

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All things are manifest of God to reflect His nature and ours. Space, therefore, is the wonder and immensity of God on display on the one hand, and outer darkness on the other. Likewise the stars and worlds, which display his majesty if we take it in, or if we go, a dreamscape from which we may never awaken.

But don't get me wrong--I love science fiction, Star Trek, Star Wars--all that!

Thank you for taking time to share, Scotta.

I hope all the members here can come to Israel to visit or to live.
You're going to anyway once the Lord brings you here.....so, its your home, if you are born again, for 1000 yrs.
That a bit longer then you've been living in your current COUNTRY....

Coming here will make your faith explode.
You will be on a beach or in Nazareth,, and you'll think...>"I wonder if Jesus was right here....walking".
You'll go to the Old City and just stare......trying to believe you are actually there...
You'll stand in the upper room, just ..... amazed.... tears in your eyes.....happy tears. Tears that are praising God for Jesus.

And the STARS....

WOW !!!

They are like bright white Christmas Lights hanging all over Israel.
Sounds very cool what a blessing for you being able to see a fascinating sight, Behold.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am one of those who live in an area of light pollution.

Yesterday. a friend sent an internet site that is focused upon studying Astronomy and creation, from a scientific - Biblical perspective. The site is reasons.org operated by Astrophysicist, Dr. Hugh Ross. He loves to deal with perplexing audience questions. I have never heard such convincing intelligent well-reseached responses.

I listened to a number of his videos (Youtube) today, and I am really hooked!

Thank you for sharing Stan B and the references.

Reactions: Stan B and Pearl

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
What are your thoughts about the Stars in the Sky, and the Planets that exist in the Created Universe?

Do you enjoy being able to see the stars in a place that you enjoy seeing them well on a clear night sky?

Have you ever used a telescope to look and see a planet that exist out there in what is considered Outer space?

My grandson is three years old. He loves the moon. (One of his favorite stories is Goodnight Moon.)

Earlier this week, and totally out of the blue clear sky, he told me that “Astronauts made the moon.”

I told him that astronauts visit the moon but it was God who made the moon. He didn’t say anything.

The next day he saw the moon in the sky and was telling me about “The big circle moon.”

I asked him who put the moon in the sky. He shouted from the backseat, “God put the moon in the sky!”

He told me that every day this week. Over and over and over … :)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
I live in a rural area and have a very nice view of the stars at night.

I worked for a short while in a very remote area of Southeast Africa. There was no electrical lighting in the area. The first night I was there, I looked up to the heavens and it literally took my breath away. The sky was carpeted with stars. An incredible sight to behold.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I live in a rural area and have a very nice view of the stars at night.

I worked for a short while in a very remote area of Southeast Africa. There was no electrical lighting in the area. The first night I was there, I looked up to the heavens and it literally took my breath away. The sky was carpeted with stars. An incredible sight to behold.
It's true. The night sky, especially along the band of our Milky Way galaxy, on a moonless night and without any interfering lights will take your breath away. The constellation Sagittarius resembles a teapot, and the milky clouds of our Milky Way galaxy look like steam rising up out of it's spout. You'll just stare at it in awe.

Reactions: Pearl and Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Pearl Reminds me of Psalm 8.3-5:"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5 For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour."
I was hoping someone would quote that Psalm. :)

Reactions: farouk and Pearl

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your thoughts about the Stars in the Sky, and the Planets that exist in the Created Universe?

I grew up with a fascination for astronomy. I read every astronomy book in my Elementary School, Junior High, and High School libraries. And I mean literally every astronomy book. Growing up in Colorado, we were at a high enough elevation and far enough away from Denver's smog and light pollution to have an excellent view of the skies. Even better if you took a short walk or drive into the Rocky Mountains. I found a buddy in college who was similarly enthralled, so he, his girlfriend, and I would go up on one of the local peaks and looks at the stars and planets. (His girlfriend, who would later become his wife remarked, "I realized Dan was really into astronomy when he asked if I'd like to go up in the mountains and look at the stars - and he actually brought a telescope!") I had a 3 inch refractor telescope at the time that wasn't much good; he had a decent reflector. To get a really good look at the stars, I took an astronomy 101 course. The university had a decent observatory, so I finally got to really SEE Jupiter's bands, Saturn's rings, the Orion nebula, some galaxy whose Messier name I've long since forgotten... It was wonderful!

Sadly, the need to be a grown-up and hold down a job has taken me to urban jungles where I can't see the stars. I have a better telescope now, but it's fallen into disrepair. The magic and the wonder of Creation got lost somewhere along the way.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I grew up with a fascination for astronomy. I read every astronomy book in my Elementary School, Junior High, and High School libraries. And I mean literally every astronomy book. Growing up in Colorado, we were at a high enough elevation and far enough away from Denver's smog and light pollution to have an excellent view of the skies. Even better if you took a short walk or drive into the Rocky Mountains. I found a buddy in college who was similarly enthralled, so he, his girlfriend, and I would go up on one of the local peaks and looks at the stars and planets. (His girlfriend, who would later become his wife remarked, "I realized Dan was really into astronomy when he asked if I'd like to go up in the mountains and look at the stars - and he actually brought a telescope!") I had a 3 inch refractor telescope at the time that wasn't much good; he had a decent reflector. To get a really good look at the stars, I took an astronomy 101 course. The university had a decent observatory, so I finally got to really SEE Jupiter's bands, Saturn's rings, the Orion nebula, some galaxy whose Messier name I've long since forgotten... It was wonderful!

Sadly, the need to be a grown-up and hold down a job has taken me to urban jungles where I can't see the stars. I have a better telescope now, but it's fallen into disrepair. The magic and the wonder of Creation got lost somewhere along the way.
I've never had a telescope but have always loved the stars. before they put lighting in our back street I used to walk to the end of my 40 foot garden and look at those ones I could see from there - the plough and orion. I miss doing that as a few years ago our council installed very bright lighting front and back.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've never had a telescope but have always loved the stars. before they put lighting in our back street I used to walk to the end of my 40 foot garden and look at those ones I could see from there - the plough and orion. I miss doing that as a few years ago our council installed very bright lighting front and back.
Ah. The Plough. Had to look that one up. Ursa Major, better known as the Big Dipper here in the U.S.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's also an Ursa Minor but I wouldn't recognise that one. Doesn't Ursa mean bear?
It does indeed, though my imagination doesn't see a bear when I look at the Big Dipper. Ursa Minor is the "Little Dipper", and it is famous for having the North Star (Polaris) in its handle. The two stars in the bowl of the "Big Dipper" (the blade of the plow, er, plough) point to the North Star.