What Bible Versions Do You Own/Use? Why?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenn4God

Nov 28, 2006
If you say that James I didn't authorize the 1611 Bible then you should be able to show where you found that information at. I would assume you wouldn't discredit the Bible due to your own personal opinions. Do you know who authorized it if he didn't? You should have proof to back up your statements before you claim something.Here is something you might find of interest.[url="http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/kjvpref.htm]CLICK ME[/url]

pointer

Oct 5, 2006
(Jenn4God;4321)
You should have proof to back up your statements before you claim something.
'And now at last, by the mercy of God, and the continuance of our labours, it being brought unto such a conclusion, as that we have great hopes that the Church of England shall reap good fruit thereby; we hold it our duty to offer it to Your Majesty.'is not proof.

Jenn4God

Nov 28, 2006
I never said it was proof. I merely said it might be of interest. Please don't put words in my mouth. Also I believe this is a discussion forum and not a debate forum. All I asked for was info to contribute to what you are claiming. You shouldn't try to discredit something, especially something as serious as the Bible, without something to back up your statement.CLICK ME

pointer

Oct 5, 2006
(Jenn4God;4324)
I never said it was proof.
I didn't say that you did. But it is now ten posts ago that I asked who authorised this book, and I still don't have a proper answer.

Jenn4God

Nov 28, 2006
I gave you the proper answer and you called me a liar. Until you can prove me wrong, I stand by answer. What Bible do you use and why?

pointer

Oct 5, 2006
(Jenn4God;4328)
I gave you the proper answer
Merely saying that James authorised is not a proper answer. Anyone can make a mistake, or even lie.
and you called me a liar.
When was that?
Until you can prove me wrong, I stand by answer.
I don't know who would stand with someone who cannot prove his/her allegation, especially after the opportunities to do so that you have had.

Jenn4God

Nov 28, 2006
My proof is the Word of God. That is plenty enough for anyone. If you continue to try to discredit God's Word then there is nothing more I have to say to you. You are the one who cannot produce proof on your accusations. God is my proof and His Word is contained in the very book you speak ill of. You claim that i don't have the answers to your rediculous questions yet you haven't produced a single answer to any of my questions either. I am through with you. I will pray that you find your way. God Bless!P.S. I have already been warned about you and if you continue to harass me then I will be forced to report you. This is a christian forum and members should not be allowed to speak ill of the Word of God.

pointer

Oct 5, 2006
(Jenn4God;4341)
My proof is the Word of God.
Can I have chapter and verse to confirm the allegation that James I authorised the KJV?
If you continue to try to discredit God's Word then there is nothing more I have to say to you.
"Never forget, gentlemen, that this is not the Bible." Archbishop Whately, renowned scholar, of the KJV, to fellow clerics.

Jenn4God

Nov 28, 2006
I will answer your questions when you answer mine. I do not associate with non-christians. I have put you on my ignore list.You are ruining this thread. Leave me alone!!!!!

pointer

Oct 5, 2006
(Jenn4God;4345)
I will answer your questions when you answer mine.
I don't need to. No-one can legitimately describe the KJV as 'Authorised' without proof, and there is none.

pointer

Oct 5, 2006
(pointer;4346)
I don't need to.
However:'In no accurate sense of the word was this an 'authorised' version of the Bible. No royal injunction or Act of Parliament ordered it to be set up in churches.' p. 147 The People and the Book Derek Wilson

Jenn4God

Nov 28, 2006
Now, to get this thread back on the original subject...I choose to use the AKJV because it is the true inspired Word of God. It is the only version that hasn't been corrupted. My defense has nothing to with King James or any other man. It is based on the fact that the AKJV is the only translation that can be completely trusted. It doesn't matter to me who translated it because God is the author, and that's what matters. Think about it...when we read any other book, do we give credit to the author or the publisher? The author of course! Without the author, the book couldn't have been written.

pointer

Oct 5, 2006
(Jenn4God;4551)
Now, to get this thread back on the original subject.
Not so fast, ma'am. You wrote:'I will answer your questions when you answer mine.'You have had my answer. I have not yet had yours. Can I have chapter and verse from the Bible to confirm the allegation that James I authorised the KJV?Or do you now admit that you wrote absurd nonsense?

Jenn4God

Nov 28, 2006
Pointer, why do you continue to talk to me when I already told you that you're on the ignore list? I have nothing to say to you. You have shown no proof to your claim therefore it is null and void as far as I am concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.