What comes first ? Faith or Regeneration

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care what anyone believes, no one can make someone a believer, no man can educate someone to believe in Christ, that is not the operation of the New Covenant, read Hebrews 8. But I will tell people what scripture says. God is in control of our salvation as salvation is 'OF THE LORD'. People that don't acknowledge that truth miss a lot of other truths. God deals in absolutes, black and white, not shades of grey like a man does. There is only one truth, yet many deceivers.

Only God can make someone a believer!

the New Covenant as it is a Jewish Covenant is not in effect yet as written in Jeremiah 31

Cross8527

Apr 29, 2022
pkc
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems to me that believing and having faith has always been the main constant theme through out scripture, the theif on the cross did not repent but he did believe in Jesus and he entered into paradise no regenration to repentance just faith. i believed i had faith that he could save me then i repented not the other way around without faith we would have no need to repent because we would n0ot believe he could save us we would not have the faith to repent to begin with

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It seems to me that believing and having faith has always been the main constant theme through out scripture, the theif on the cross did not repent but he did believe in Jesus and he entered into paradise no regenration to repentance just faith. i believed i had faith that he could save me then i repented not the other way around without faith we would have no need to repent because we would n0ot believe he could save us we would not have the faith to repent to begin with
That is correct, faith comes before repentance.
Faith is a gift. Scripture associates faith with being a gift and also a fruit of the Holy Spirit.
The following are not for the unbelieving, with faith being given by God, the unbeliever is become a believer.
And we are taught by the Holy Spirit and granted to come to Christ as John 6:44-45 says

Such as here
29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.

36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe.
37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
38 For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.
39 This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day.

62 What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before?
63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.
64 But there are some of you who do not believe.” For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who would betray Him.
65 And He said, “Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father.”

Romans 12:3
For I say, through the grace given to me, to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think soberly, as God has dealt to each one a measure of faith.

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

Ephesians 2
4 But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God,
9 not of works, lest anyone should boast.
10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Reactions: Cross8527