What Day Is The Sabbath ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Soooooo it looks like we are in agreement. It is NOT the Catechism since you admit it 'a tool for educating new Catholic converts'.

Finally we agree on something!!
Do you understand the premise used by the Catholic Church's representative at Luther's trial over the dispute between Bible only and tradition? Do you know how and why Luther's argument for scripture only was defeated?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Being 'under the law' is the true picture of the unconverted sinner. They try to make law-keeping into something noble and righteous but in reality it is a form of self-worship. They worship themselves, what they do, what they say, it's all about them. The law is not some holy standard to them but a tool to manipulate others and beat them over the head with endless condemnation.

Denied. The above is ONLY YOUR OWN judgement debris wasted around YOU.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You don't follow Galatians very well...*sigh*. In case you hadn't figured it out the early church was running as far and as fast as they could from Jewish legalism with their endless Sabbath regulations and endless food restrictions and endless quarrels over the defunct law. Sunday was readily accepted because there was nothing old covenant about it which made it so very much....Christian!

More of your endless, and squanderous and slanderous, pure as holy, hate-speech, due to the difference between you and 'them' being so conspicuous it virtually is touchable, or, to its smell, is preferably untouchable.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Mmmmm. Now that's a take on history I've never heard. Interesting. Where did you get that from?

Brakelight, I saw this same 'argument' used for 'proof' of Jesus' Resurrection, and that not from a Roman Catholic, but from the Evangelicals! But just reckon, this inevitably is whereto YOUR viewpoint has brought you, but you won't acknowledge your dilemma! There's more hope for this Roman Catholic than there is for you. I am so sorry!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This complete and utter nonsense! Yes, Christ was under the law, obeyed the Law (except when he didn't), and I am really struggling to think of a Paul quote that says Christ was born under the law and so we are too. But I have many Paul quotes that say we are not under the law.

And the whole quotation of scripture from Exodus 40.... I fail to see the relevance. Maybe you see it as relevant, but I don't.

Now, here's an interesting thing: I do believe In keeping the Law. All of it! Even those verses about not wearing polyester and having a battlement in your house. I believe it is a sin to eat catfish, shrimp, corn, not to tithe and if you have scoliosis, you shouldn't be allowed in Church!

Yea... I have verses on all that! And I believe we must follow ALL of them!

BUT the difference is how to do it! In the flesh, I cannot. Maybe you can... I can only do so through Grace by faith. I can only rely on Jesus accounting my faith as righteousness. If you can actually do it without that, then wow! You are a better Christian then I am.

Golly gee! I can't even see a pretty girl without smiling!

Read anyone's posts, no one's has nearly so many <I>'s as yours. That already tells about their usefulness. <I>'s that cannot see because they are locked, jammed, in reverse.

Your claims about Scripture for example -- WHO CARES?! -- always better than the one next to you. But present those Scriptures to speak of itself for itself?

<<Christ was under the law, obeyed the Law (except when he didn't)>> Scripture? Trash bin retrieved!

<<a Paul quote that says Christ was born under the law>> Many but you struggled not to think hard enough to deserve more and better than this, one, Revelation 12:4,5.
Alright, here's a tip for another verse, "the government shall be upon his shoulder".

Wasn't that nice of me to do after you so falsely accused me of having said <<Christ was born under the law and so we are too>>? You should be ashamed, what brag that you <<believe In keeping the Law. All of it!>>

O yes, <<a Paul quote>>. It is what the game is all about, adopted children also have their rights.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
2 Corinthians 2:5-8, 10
"Now if anyone has caused pain, he has caused it not to me, but in some measure — not to put it too severely — to all of you. For such a one, this punishment by the majority is enough, so you should rather turn to forgive and comfort him, or he may be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. So I beg you to reaffirm your love for him …"

Galatians 5:
"14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."
19 "The acts of the flesh are obvious:
...hatred, discord ... fits of rage ... dissensions, factions..."

Galatians 6:
"Brothers and sisters, if someone is caught in a sin, you who live by the Spirit should restore that person gently. But watch yourselves, or you also may be tempted. 2 Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfil the law of Christ.
3 If anyone thinks they are something when they are not, they deceive themselves.
4 Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else..."

Thanks, Christine

Last edited:

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More of your endless, and squanderous and slanderous, pure as holy, hate-speech, due to the difference between you and 'them' being so conspicuous it virtually is touchable, or, to its smell, is preferably untouchable.

Romans, Galatians and Colossians are hate speech to Sabbath lovers. Notice that those books are in the bible and not solely from the evil Catholic warlords.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What day is the Sabbath???
OP ^

Sabbath meaning - Rest

Who is at Rest?

Matt 11:
[28] Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
[29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matt:12
[8] For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

I am at rest every single day With and In Christ Jesus.

I have no need of a Particular day to Worship God.

Sabbath was given the Hebrews/Jews...they gather in Fellowship to Worship...Father God, NOT Jesus.

Jews gathered in Fellowship in Synagogs to Worship God, NOT Jesus.

Jews gathered in Fellowship in Churches to Worship God AND Jesus.

Gentiles Began...(Jews Stopped) Gathering in Fellowship to Worship God AND Jesus.

It is The WHO that is being Worshipped
That is paramount...NOT which Day.

The Day centers More Around the "Fellowship" of Like-Hearted People "Gathering" together IN Worship God/The Lord God and Uplifting one another.

Jesus Himself said:

Matt 18:
[20] For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

No particular time, day, building, city, nation.

Pretty handy, since it only requires the presence of Two, to gather in His Name, and many people Worship the Lord God alone with "only themselves and the Lord present," at times and places that have nothing to do with a Synagog, Church, Fellowship or particular day.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: mjrhealth

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I am at rest every single day With and In Christ Jesus.

Who's interested?

I have no need of a Particular day to Worship God

If to worship God is of no particular interest to, or of value for you, why would you need a particular day to worship Him"

Sabbath was given the Hebrews/Jews

Denied. Scripture?

the Jews gather in Fellowship to Worship...Father God, NOT Jesus.

Who didn't know?

Jews gathered in Fellowship in Churches to Worship God AND Jesus.

We all knew that!

Gentiles Began...(Jews Stopped) Gathering in Fellowship to Worship God AND Jesus.

Very good! Very few actually knew it!

The Day centers More Around the "Fellowship" of Like-Hearted People "Gathering" together IN Worship God/The Lord God and Uplifting one another.

AMEN

Jesus Himself said: Matt 18: 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
No particular time, day, building, city, nation.

"where two or three are gathered together in my name"
<<at no particular time on no day>>, then when?
<Not in any building, city>, then where on earth?
<Not in any nation>, then who are the People of God,
then what is their gathering together : nowhere, nohow and never?
What craziness is this?!
JUST BECAUSE YOU PRETEND JESUS SPOKE IRRELEVANCY, about nothing <<in particular>>, as if He did not speak of the particular PLACE in which and the NATION by whom God was worshipped at the Time Jesus lived and would die and rise again in order to change all THAT --- not to change the Day of Worship HE WAS THE LORD OF HIMSELF.

O I get so tired of and bored with the sheer pretence and bigotry I have to deal with every day of my life!

Last edited:

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
More trash-bin thoughts typical Roman Catholic and no Scripture.

Bow to your Sabbath god, the bible won't save you. The Canon was put together by Catholic and Orthodox theologians in such a way that if anyone was ever stupid enough to rebel against them they would fall into a snare and be taken in their sin. You can't beat the Mother Church.....slave.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Bow to your Sabbath god, the bible won't save you. The Canon was put together by Catholic and Orthodox theologians in such a way that if anyone was ever stupid enough to rebel against them they would fall into a snare and be taken in their sin. You can't beat the Mother Church.....slave.

The Little Horn Big Trap Blasphemer at his best