What Day Is The Sabbath ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You answered your own question with Scripture.

What do we do when someone demands that we keep the Sabbath as Christians?

Answer: "Therefore do not let anyone condemn you in matters of food and drink or of observing festivals, new moons, or sabbaths."
Paul ended the argument of the Judaizers. Why live in the shadow of what is to come when we already have the Substance?
Paul had no argument with any Judaizers in Colossians directly or indirectly; by far fetched implication only in chapter 2 from verse 21 on maybe.

Re: <<What do we do when someone demands that we keep the Sabbath as Christians?>>
We tell him, You're not God!
We do not answer with the NON-SCRIPTURE <<Therefore do not let anyone condemn you in matters of food and drink or of observing festivals, new moons, or sabbaths.>>

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And every time you evade the real New Testament by failing to show where it shows us the New Testament command for Christians to observe the Sabbath, or where the Bible says "Christian Sabbath," we will PLAGUE you with it!

If you cannot see in Colossians 2 "Sabbath's Feast of Christ's Own his Church holding to Him the Head eating and drinking of Christ the Substance and Nourishment ministered the Body his Bride-Church growing with the growth of God", who am I to let you see <<where it shows us the New Testament command for Christians to observe the Sabbath>>?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Says the New Testament! Or, more correctly, what it doesn't say... The New Testament knows nothing of a "Christian Sabbath."

Kcnalp states an absolute! Absolutes are easy to disprove and debunk; just show us the New Testament command for Christians to observe the Sabbath, or where the Bible says "Christian Sabbath"!

You must be unable to read or pretend blind or just not intellectually equipped, that's how you can so easily say <absolute!>. Must I show you? Read the New Testament for example <<where the Bible says "Christian Sabbath"!>> where the Christ says, "the Son of Man is Lord-of-the-Sabbath"! What is more <absolute>?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
<to the contrary>?!

I must quote the real Colossians 2:12-19 for you again. Every time I may catch you ignoring it, I'll PLAGUE you with it.
Colossians 2:16-19

12 While dead in your sins God who raised Christ from the dead forgave you all trespasses having quickened you together with Him. Nailing it to the cross and removing it altogether, Christ blotted out the damning law against us; and putting off and ruining the rulers and the authorities [of darkness 1:13], He publicly held them up to shame, triumphing over them in it. [If ye then be raised with Christ 3:1], THEN THEREFORE, don’t you let yourselves be judged and condemned by anyone (of the world 2:8, 20) in your eating and drinking or with regard to your eating and drinking of feast, whether of month’s or of Sabbaths’—all which shadows forth what soon must be, the BODY and SUBSTANCE OF CHRIST!

Let no man not holding to the Head [but] puffed up by his fleshly mind, who conceitedly meddles in what he knows nothing about (the mystery which is Christ 1:28), with his pretentious humility and angelic worship beguile you (with enticing words 2:4) of your reward.

Because holding to the Head nourishment being ministered, all the Body (of Christ’s Own 1:18) by joints and bands [of faith 2:12 Hosea 11:4; peace Ephesians 4:3; and charity Colossians 3:14], and knit together (in love 2:2), will grow with the growth of God.

"Don't you let yourselves be judged by anyone in regard to your eating and drinking of Christ the Substance of Sabbaths' Feast either Lord's Supper of month's or Sabbaths' Feast, which are but the shadow of what imminently must come for you holding to the Head, the Body growing with the growth of God Christ being the Nourishment ministered."

Since having resurrected from the dead "on the Sabbath in fullness of day", "Jesus having entered into his Own Rest as God in his own, He gave them Rest, so that THEREFORE A KEEPING OF SABBATH REST DAY FOR THE PEOPLE OF GOD REMAINS."
97194819_10207862660400671_5435256494335459328_n.jpg

I prefer translation by experts to your garbled inventions.

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This, <debate surrounding Saturday> did not <mysteriously change the correct sabbath to worship GOD to a Sunday> and was not begun <by the papacy>, but by a cleric and a martyr IN THE CHURCH, Justin Martyr, who did it in the days of the Caesars using misinformation and pretentiousness to deceive and intimidate the sheeple and impress the Ruler-- the exact same tool and methodology used by politicians and potentates of today.

I'm still waiting for some evidence for this crazy claim.

It seems that, like your "translations", you just make things up.

Reactions: mailmandan

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be unable to read or pretend blind or just not intellectually equipped, that's how you can so easily say <absolute!>. Must I show you? Read the New Testament for example <<where the Bible says "Christian Sabbath"!>> where the Christ says, "the Son of Man is Lord-of-the-Sabbath"! What is more <absolute>?

Obviously, you don't have a Biblical answer. Absolutes are easy to disprove and debunk; just show us the New Testament command for Christians to observe the Sabbath, or where the Bible says "Christian Sabbath"!

Intellectually, i would trust what the Bible says, not what people want to ineptly read into it!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Obviously, you don't have a Biblical answer. Absolutes are easy to disprove and debunk; just show us the New Testament command for Christians to observe the Sabbath, or where the Bible says "Christian Sabbath"!
Intellectually, i would trust what the Bible says, not what people want to ineptly read into it!

For your information, friend, yea, brother in Christ if you allow me, for me as for us at Sabbath's Feast of Christ, CHRIST IS OUR LAW -- by the grace of God. Now you see Jesus Christ our Law the New Testament COMMANDER in Suffering, in Dying and in having been Buried: WHOM "GOD ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES THE THIRD DAY RAISED" from the dead: SHOWN TO YOU, the New Testament COMMAND <<for Christians to observe the Sabbath>>. Just read Matthew 27 from verse 62 through to 28:4, to see, SHOWN, "the day which is after the Preparation .. the Sabbath before the First Day of the week", was, "the third day" OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST CONCERNING SPOKE more times and with more emphasis and CLARITY than anything He ever concerning spoke. And on every time He spoke of "the third day" HE SPOKE OF "THAT DAY BONE-ESSENTIAL DAY" "God brought again from the dead that Great Shepherd of the sheep." And his Eternal Purpose everlasting has been? Verse 21-- SPEAKING OF THE CHURCH ASSEMBLED "according to the Scriptures". Exodus 15. "Since Jesus God gave them rest - the rest of God - there THEREFORE for the People of God remains good and valid their Sabbath Day's rest." It is written, brother, is all I say. "I beseech you brethren, suffer the word of exhortation for I have written in few words" the indescribable mercies of our God and Saviour. Who screams Command! Command! Command!? The LEGALISTS! Not those shown the forgiveness and freedom of worship through Jesus Christ.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Sabbath command in the NT!

Hebrews 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which day of the week is the correct sabbath to worship GOD?
“TODAY”.

[Hebrews 4:1-13 NASB]
1 Therefore, let us fear if, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard. 3 For we who have believed enter that rest, just as He has said, "AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH, THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST," although His works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For He has said somewhere concerning the seventh [day:] "AND GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS"; 5 and again in this [passage,] "THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST." 6 Therefore, since it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly had good news preached to them failed to enter because of disobedience, 7 He again fixes a certain day, "Today," saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before, "TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS." 8 For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. 9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through [following] the same example of disobedience. 12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“TODAY”.

[Hebrews 4:1-13 NASB]
1 Therefore, let us fear if, while a promise remains of entering His rest, any one of you may seem to have come short of it. 2 For indeed we have had good news preached to us, just as they also; but the word they heard did not profit them, because it was not united by faith in those who heard. 3 For we who have believed enter that rest, just as He has said, "AS I SWORE IN MY WRATH, THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST," although His works were finished from the foundation of the world. 4 For He has said somewhere concerning the seventh [day:] "AND GOD RESTED ON THE SEVENTH DAY FROM ALL HIS WORKS"; 5 and again in this [passage,] "THEY SHALL NOT ENTER MY REST." 6 Therefore, since it remains for some to enter it, and those who formerly had good news preached to them failed to enter because of disobedience, 7 He again fixes a certain day, "Today," saying through David after so long a time just as has been said before, "TODAY IF YOU HEAR HIS VOICE, DO NOT HARDEN YOUR HEARTS." 8 For if Joshua had given them rest, He would not have spoken of another day after that. 9 So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. 10 For the one who has entered His rest has himself also rested from his works, as God did from His. 11 Therefore let us be diligent to enter that rest, so that no one will fall, through [following] the same example of disobedience. 12 For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are open and laid bare to the eyes of Him with whom we have to do.

The Sabbath is from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday if you are under the law.

Those in Jesus enjoy the eternal rest found in Him EVERYDAY.

Reactions: Nancy

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Sabbath is from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday if you are under the law.

Those in Jesus enjoy the eternal rest found in Him EVERYDAY.

The eternal rest as you call it but the scripture calls the sabbath rest has nothing at all to do with the 7th-day sabbath.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well isn't the Sabbath Tuesday for some, Wednesday for others? :p

Really we can rest in Jesus whenever we want to.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No Sabbath command in the NT!
Hebrews 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete.

No resemblance or relevance between your two statements, except both are false and symptomatic of the <<No Sabbath command in the NT!>> tumour on your brain.

But seeing that you are also a <translation expert> of stature and authority as Mungo and Candidas, tell from which manuscript you got your ADDED word <covenant> in Hebrews 8:13! That will prove who the sofa comfort zone linguists and critics are. I'll make it even easier for all three of you, you can make a team-effort of it, and together provide evidence for this claim from the immediate context viz., Hebrews 8 and or wherever else if you could find it.