What Day Is The Sabbath ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I don't know of anyone who obeys the Sabbath commands.
SO WHAT? Is anyone your norm and authority?
98581169_2943872269059597_7059752853853700096_n.jpg

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We are required to keep the commandments of Christ (Christians) not the commandments of Moses (legalists).

The Sabbath was not for you, it will never be for you and if you keep it like SDA or Hebrew roots or Messianics you are fallen from grace.

First: I am not speaking about any Sabbath that of anyone.
I am not the least interested by or in what <<We are required to keep>>,
or by or in which <<commandments of Christ>> He gave or gave not
or by or in which just WHO the <<Christians>> supposedly are but actually are the real <legalists> at present.

Second: I am not speaking about any <<commandments of Moses or legalists>> but about the Word OF GOD commanded the People OF GOD through the Holy Spirit OF GOD -- not of or by the peevish opinion of 21st century prosperity-gospel nincompoops.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
No Sabbath commands in the NT!

Gal 3 As many as are of the works of the Law are under the curse.

Verses 10 and 11, "As many as are of the works of the Law are under the curse"-- the curse "WRITTEN" for "transgressing the Law", viz., the curse of SIN which is DEATH. For "11 no man is justified by the Law in the sight of God" viz., no man is justified by the Law or by the works of the Law either works of transgression or works of obedience. BY NO works, by NO LAW is anyone justified or is made righteous or receives forgiveness or is saved.

But according to YOU now, assuming a righteousness of your own by works of your own, it is JUST THE SABBATH which is contra-productive and condemns whoever believe or try to honour it. So you are in truth accusing the Holy Spirit of condemning sin in only one respect while licencing sin in every other way.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The Lords day is the first day of the week;

You KNOW that you have NO Scripture for claiming this. YOU, KNOW, but you keep on claiming this untruth, this false claim, this deception, this beastly mark and stamp of authority OVER THE WORD OF GOD.

...and it does not worry you that you are singing in harmony with the SDA choir under the baton of the same conductor and director of music.

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Christ changed the Sabbath to Sunday when he rose from the grave on Sunday and passed over the Sabbath day and left it in the tomb with the rest of the old covenant. The Catholic church did not change the days. The Pope did not change the days. The Apostles did not change the days. Christ himself changed the days and left an example for all future Christian generations to protect them from falling into the defunct covenant of law.
Where does it say that in scripture? Conjecture on your part leave you open to criticism.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We are required to keep the commandments of Christ (Christians) not the commandments of Moses (legalists).

The Sabbath was not for you, it will never be for you and if you keep it like SDA or Hebrew roots or Messianics you are fallen from grace.
And what are the commandments of Christ pray tell me.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul was very good at presenting the 'types' of the old covenant and then showing their 'fulfillment' in the new covenant. As he did with circumcision and the law and the sabbath day. The Sabbath day was a physical rest of one day in seven and Paul used this to illustrate the perpetual rest we have in Christ or the gospel. Sin is hard work and it takes a lot of effort to resist the good news that all of our sins have been forgiven in Christ. Resting in Christ or believing the gospel is a perpetual sabbath and has nothing to do with physically keeping the sabbath day like they did in the old covenant. It's physical rest versus spiritual rest.

The Sabbath day was a physical rest of one day in seven and Paul used this to illustrate the perpetual rest we have in Christ or the gospel.

No he didn't.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The debate between Saturday and Sunday is a false debate. Paul has already cleared this up:
"Every day is the sabbath." When we have entered Christ, we have entered His "rest". If I have faith, there is no reason to fret about paying my mortgage, no reason to save for my retirement; these are acts of doubt - I am not trusting God to take care of me despite not having money for my mortgage and despite not saving for retirement. If I toil for money, I have not entered God's rest. If I worry about tomorrow, then I have not entered God's rest. Toiling to bring forth supplies is part of the consequence of our original sin (maybe, only a consequence for men, since the Bible seems to suggest that women do not suffer the consequence of "toiling").
The Sabbath rest and the Sabbath day are two different things.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hebrews 4:9 - So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God. (NASB) *Notice that the Greek word "sabbatismos" here is used no where else in the Bible! Amazing that Sabbatarians would suggest that this is the word for "keeping the weekly Sabbath" when it is never used anywhere else in the Bible!

Amazing it's YOU, who just here quote the correct NASB, <<So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.>>, which is exactly what <<Sabbatarians would - correctly - suggest that this is the word for "keeping the weekly Sabbath">> whether <never used anywhere else in the Bible> or not! It is used this one time in Hebrews in contra-distinction with "Rest" - 'katapausin' which is "the Rest of GOD" in Christ in Hebrews, eight(?) times! But you want to force it to mean the same thing which is crazy never mind amazing.

Where are you from? Whom do you try to instruct? One solitary infidel? Well, you miserably fail! So don't try intimidate many true believers because you will fail even more miserably.

Last edited:

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No Sabbath command in the NT!

Hebrews 8:13
13 In that He says, "A new covenant," He has made the first obsolete.
Did he? I thought the New Covenant is in his blood not the blood of animals so he changed it to stop people relying on the blood of animals to be acceptable to God. I can't see anywhere where he said the 10 commandments were obsolete. If they are it is OK to murder.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No such thing as Christian Sabbath.
Not according to the New Testament. The Jerusalem Church was made up of Jews and were known as "THE WAY", a sect of Judaism. They were not Christians as the word had not been invented and they knew nothing of a Sunday Sabbath because no one kept the Sabbath on Sunday.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amazing it's YOU, who just here quote the correct NASB, <<So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.>>, which is exactly what <<Sabbatarians would - correctly - suggest that this is the word for "keeping the weekly Sabbath">> whether <never used anywhere else in the Bible> or not! It is used this one time in Hebrews in contra-distinction with "Rest" - 'katapausin' which is "the Rest of GOD" in Christ in Hebrews, eight(?) times! Where are you from? Whom do you try to instruct? One solitary infidel? Well, you miserably fail! So don't try intimidate many true believers because you will fail even more miserably.
How could you ever expect anyone to take you seriously? :rolleyes: