1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured What Day Is The Sabbath ???

Discussion in 'Christian Debate Forum' started by Pianoworldstage, May 8, 2020.

1. Anthony D'Arienzo

Anthony D'Arienzo Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The Lords day is the first day of the week;
    9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.

10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

12 And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13 And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

2. GerhardEbersoehn

GerhardEbersoehn Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    SO WHAT? Is anyone your norm and authority?
    [​IMG]

3. GerhardEbersoehn

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    If once the Sabbath was "sign that I AM the LORD your GOD" but no longer is, He also no longer Is Who He Is of the sign or of you.

4. GerhardEbersoehn

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    First: I am not speaking about any Sabbath that of anyone.
    I am not the least interested by or in what <<We are required to keep>>,
    or by or in which <<commandments of Christ>> He gave or gave not
    or by or in which just WHO the <<Christians>> supposedly are but actually are the real <legalists> at present.

Second: I am not speaking about any <<commandments of Moses or legalists>> but about the Word OF GOD commanded the People OF GOD through the Holy Spirit OF GOD -- not of or by the peevish opinion of 21st century prosperity-gospel nincompoops.

5. GerhardEbersoehn

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    Go back and read #76 about <<the commandments we are required to keep of Christ>>! Just skipping doesn't excuse you from accountability!

6. GerhardEbersoehn

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    Verses 10 and 11, "As many as are of the works of the Law are under the curse"-- the curse "WRITTEN" for "transgressing the Law", viz., the curse of SIN which is DEATH. For "11 no man is justified by the Law in the sight of God" viz., no man is justified by the Law or by the works of the Law either works of transgression or works of obedience. BY NO works, by NO LAW is anyone justified or is made righteous or receives forgiveness or is saved.

But according to YOU now, assuming a righteousness of your own by works of your own, it is JUST THE SABBATH which is contra-productive and condemns whoever believe or try to honour it. So you are in truth accusing the Holy Spirit of condemning sin in only one respect while licencing sin in every other way.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
  7. GerhardEbersoehn

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    By NO Law, by NO works of disobedience or OBEDIENCE, receives anyone forgiveness or is he justified or made righteous or saved.

8. GerhardEbersoehn

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    You KNOW that you have NO Scripture for claiming this. YOU, KNOW, but you keep on claiming this untruth, this false claim, this deception, this beastly mark and stamp of authority OVER THE WORD OF GOD.

...and it does not worry you that you are singing in harmony with the SDA choir under the baton of the same conductor and director of music.

9. marksman

marksman My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Why? They are two different subjects.

10. marksman

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I don't know of anyone who goes around shooting people but I am reliably informed that they do.

11. marksman

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Where does it say that in scripture? Conjecture on your part leave you open to criticism.

12. marksman

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    And what are the commandments of Christ pray tell me.

13. marksman

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    The Sabbath day was a physical rest of one day in seven and Paul used this to illustrate the perpetual rest we have in Christ or the gospel.

No he didn't.

14. marksman

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Actually there is.

15. marksman

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Too many to number.

16. marksman

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    The Sabbath rest and the Sabbath day are two different things.

17. GerhardEbersoehn

Faith:
    Christian
    South Africa
    Amazing it's YOU, who just here quote the correct NASB, <<So there remains a Sabbath rest for the people of God.>>, which is exactly what <<Sabbatarians would - correctly - suggest that this is the word for "keeping the weekly Sabbath">> whether <never used anywhere else in the Bible> or not! It is used this one time in Hebrews in contra-distinction with "Rest" - 'katapausin' which is "the Rest of GOD" in Christ in Hebrews, eight(?) times! But you want to force it to mean the same thing which is crazy never mind amazing.

Where are you from? Whom do you try to instruct? One solitary infidel? Well, you miserably fail! So don't try intimidate many true believers because you will fail even more miserably.

18. marksman

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Did he? I thought the New Covenant is in his blood not the blood of animals so he changed it to stop people relying on the blood of animals to be acceptable to God. I can't see anywhere where he said the 10 commandments were obsolete. If they are it is OK to murder.

19. marksman

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Not according to the New Testament. The Jerusalem Church was made up of Jews and were known as "THE WAY", a sect of Judaism. They were not Christians as the word had not been invented and they knew nothing of a Sunday Sabbath because no one kept the Sabbath on Sunday.

20. mailmandan

mailmandan Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    How could you ever expect anyone to take you seriously? :rolleyes: