What distinguishes a "Protestant?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another of your FALSE FABRICATIONS...
No where DID I say I REJECTED Scripture.
FRAUD, POSER, FABRICATOR.
LOL...you told me? Funny.
I said ALL SCRIPTURE IS TRUE.
You Agreed.
Then you said FLAT OUT...
FRAUD, POSER, FABRICATOR, FALSE ACCUSER.

YOU are the one WHO "REJECTED"
Luke 22:50 as TRUE.

I SAID NOTHING whatsoever about rejecting ANY SCRIPTURE as TRUE...

What a Fraud, for you to DENY a Scripture is TRUE....then FALSELY Accuse ME of WHAT YOU HAVE DONE....

You simply REVEAL your Catholic teaching has taught you HOW TO BE DECEPTIVE, in blaming others FOR YOUR OWN LACK OF UNDERSTANDING.

Put on your big boy pants and be accountable for your own WORDS of REJECTION of YOU believing Luke 22:50 is "NOT" True.

I already Understand...WHY
Luke 22:50
Mark 10:18

ARE BOTH TRUE...YOU DO NOT, and why YOU cherrypick Some Scriptures "TO BELIEVE" and Other Scriptures "TO NOT BELIEVE"....Even after you have claimed to agree " all scriptures are true"....and then you claim they are not.

YOU are the ONE WITH THE DILEMMA...
Making YOUR OWN WORDS CONFLICT WITH YOUR OWN Words.

No problem for me For you to show yourself in conflict with yourself.

It is YOUR FALSE FABRICATION of saying I SAID THINGS, I DID NOT...

It's called LYING DUDE...

You do it all the time, Making up CRAP and saying it is what other people have SAID, when they haven't.

Get a q-tip, and LISTEN to what OTHER PEOPLE SAY, instead of YOU Speaking "FOR THEM"....

GET A CLUE...YOU don't even AGREE WITH YOURSELF....what in the world makes you think ANYONE wants YOU SPEAKING FOR THEM?

Sheesh!!
As I said before - you really need to calm down.
You've tripped over your own lies so many times, it's painful to watch.

As I've schooled you on several posts now - Joseph of Arimathea wasn't a "good" man.
Joseph had a good relationship with God so he had GOD's goodness in him. THAT'S why Luke CALLS him one (Luke 23:50).

Jesus, who is GOD states very explicitly:
NO ONE is good except God alone” (Mark 10:18, Luke 18:18).

This isn't rocket science, Einstein.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm, WHO said that I don't believe in Luke 22:50??
Where
are you getting that from??

LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...

You have won the BLUE RIBBON for the MOST ridiculous person to have a conversation with.

POST # 321

Taken SAID...
Luke 22
[50] And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counseller; and he was a good man,and a just:

BreadOfLife SAID..
No - Joseph wasn't good.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said before - you really need to calm down.
You've tripped over your own lies so many times, it's painful to watch.

As I've schooled you on several posts now - Joseph of Arimathea wasn't a "good" man.
Joseph had a good relationship with God so he had GOD's goodness in him. THAT'S why Luke CALLS him one (Luke 23:50).

Jesus, who is GOD states very explicitly:
NO ONE is good except God alone” (Mark 10:18, Luke 18:18).

This isn't rocket science, Einstein.

Patting yourself on the back for Posting HOW YOU TWIST the Truth of Scripture INTO A LIE, is NOT Schooling me....

Get a Clue it is simply you TEACHING Catholic methods of TWISTING the TRUTH of Scripture INTO A LIE....

Apparently your WAX build up has got the best of you....AT NO TIME Have I agreed with your corrupt Catholic Teaching.

:D

Reactions: mjrhealth

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...LOL...LOL...LOL...
You have won the BLUE RIBBON for the MOST ridiculous person to have a conversation with.
POST # 321
Taken SAID...
Luke 22
[50] And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counseller; and he was a good man,and a just:
Patting yourself on the back for Posting HOW YOU TWIST the Truth of Scripture INTO A LIE, is NOT Schooling me....
Get a Clue it is simply you TEACHING Catholic methods of TWISTING the TRUTH of Scripture INTO A LIE....
Apparently your WAX build up has got the best of you....AT NO TIME Have I agreed with your corrupt Catholic Teaching.
Once again – if YOU believe Mark 10:18 and Luke 18:19 to be “corrupt Catholic teaching” – then YOU are implying that Jesus is a liar.

Remember – these are HIS words – NOT mine . . .
Mark 10:18, Luke 18:18
No ONE is good except God alone.”

And NONE of your tantrums – not matter how long-winded can change that little fact . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again – if YOU believe Mark 10:18 and Luke 18:19 to be “corrupt Catholic teaching” – then YOU are implying that Jesus is a liar.

How IGNORANT...Disagreeing with YOU does not make Jesus a liar......

Dude get a grip...YOU ARE NOT JESUS!!

Remember – these are HIS words – NOT mine . . .

And? I did not Disagree with HIS words.

No ONE is good except God alone.”

And NONE of your tantrums – not matter how long-winded can change that little fact . . .

LOL....funny. I made NO attempt to "change" Scripture.

And Here is a SCRIPTURAL FACT...

Luke 23:50
[50] And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counseller, and [/B]he was a good man,[/B] and a just:

POST # 321 IS BOL's FALSE BELIEF...

BreadOFLife said:
No, Joseph was NOT a good man.

YOU twisting the TRUTH into a LIE, IS ON YOU...

Rom 1
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

You are the one with the Problem...and the Consequences thereof are ON YOU.

Enjoy!

Glory to God,
Taken

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your commentary is full of YOUR WORDS.
TRY TO STAY ON POINT.

You Said:

I Said;
Quote me SPECIFIC as I say...what you are referring to.

Post #483 has "MY WORDS".

QUOTE ME, "according to you"...
"HOW I "supposedly" SAID ISRAEL "KNEW GOD"...

Glory to God,
Taken
The point is that no one knew God truly until Jesus Christ came, why do you not understand that fact.
What is it that you do not understand about, "No one comes to the Father but by the only begotten Son "?

I was talking to a so called RC and I pointed out that Pope Frances was a Satanic moron because he said that Islam is the same god that he believes in, such is blasphemy in fact, because for the same as I have just pointed out to you "No one comes to the Father but by the only begotten Son" fact is that such who do not know Jesus Christ do not know God the Father, because they do not know the Son, do you understand that fact.
The Jew has never known the Father because they reject the Son, do you comprehend that. if one does not comprehend this fact, then they do not know who Jesus Christ truly is in fact, so they are not Born Again, but may only be a water baptised follower of a Religion claiming to be Christian but not truly knowing who Jesus Christ truly is, do not be upset by such because I was only a water baptised my self stuck on religion, having only faith in what the Churches claimed.

Now all the Churches are trying to come together and create a one mega world religion, that is lost to Jesus Christ, but in the name of human gods and idolising just nonsense, fact is they do not have the Holy Spirit at all, as such is only a tribute to mans works and you know what that is don't you, it's a work of Satan, leading the whole world astray as the Bible points out. Man has never cut it, so we have total fools looking to the end of times rapture crap as a desirable concept for there foolish mans works desires, but it's of Satan that they are following and not God at all, because they are lost, they claim that the means justify the ends. like all Communist and Nazis do.
So we see the old Jewish god of the Talmud whore playing the Political Correct card like they did with the Godless Communist and Nazis and enslaved them all under total madness and hear we have the whole world going down the same pathetic path.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is that no one knew God truly until Jesus Christ came, why do you not understand that fact.

Because I do not believe YOUR "fact" is true.

What is it that you do not understand about, "No one comes to the Father but by the only begotten Son "?

I have no lack of understanding.
The Son was not sent to OT men.
The Son was sent TO "LOST" Jewish men.
Many OT men were already Established as "saints".

Apparently YOU have been Taught "saints" do not KNOW GOD....I disagree.

In contrast to the ESV, some Bible versions have followed a "thought-for-thought" rather than "word-for-word" translation philosophy, emphasizing "dynamic equivalence" rather than the "essentially literal" meaning of the original. A "thought-for-thought" translation is of necessity more inclined to reflect the interpretive opinions of the translator and the influences of contemporary culture.

I do not favor your choice of "translation" that reflects the INTERPRETIVE OPINIONS, and Contemporary Culture and Philosophies of the handful of men who complied your choice of Biblical VERSIONS.

No clue what your VERSION MEANS, to "Handle" the Word of God...

Dust their Bible off occasionally?
Attempt to USE A Scripture to establish A Doctrine?

Glory To God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was Elijah, Moses, Abraham, Enoch, Jeremiah, they all new God, David and His son Solomon.

Joshua, Job, Ezekiel, Samuel, Hosea, Joel, Elisha, Nathan. and more.....

TO WHOM, the "word of the LORD' came TO THEM, as revealed some 200+ times in the OT.

One Example...
1 Kings 6:[11] And the word of the LORD came to Solomon, saying,

Glory to God,
Taken

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Because I do not believe YOUR "fact" is true.

I have no lack of understanding.
The Son was not sent to OT men.
The Son was sent TO "LOST" Jewish men.
Many OT men were already Established as "saints".

Apparently YOU have been Taught "saints" do not KNOW GOD....I disagree.

I do not favor your choice of "translation" that reflects the INTERPRETIVE OPINIONS, and Contemporary Culture and Philosophies of the handful of men who complied your choice of Biblical VERSIONS.

No clue what your VERSION MEANS, to "Handle" the Word of God...

Dust their Bible off occasionally?
Attempt to USE A Scripture to establish A Doctrine?

Glory To God,
Taken
The OT Saints do know of God, but they did not know Jesus Salvation, they all abided as to what they knew and were Servants of God.
You are trying to make out that that they did not need a Saviour ? and if you do that you do only injury to them.

The Son was sent to all Israel you know, why do you think that he said to his disciples go to the Israelites and to even brush off the dust of their sandals if such as they rejected them, hey ?
Oh did you know what Israel means ? Servants of God !
Yes Jesus came across a Israelite called Nathaniel and Jesus said that he was a true Israelite and all you know, yes Nathaniel knew who Jesus was directly you know and do you know why that is, well he was a pure Israel as Jesus said he was, and yes he became a Christian because he knew who Jesus was, just like Holy Moses spoke of who was to come and all to follow him.
So you see Jesus did come to all, not to mention that if they do not know him they are not of him, but are of Satan and that will never change you know.

Do you think that the Jews had it all in the bag and do not need Jesus, I think that's the work of Satan you know to claim such hogwash that is peddled out nowadays idolising so called Jews.

Holy Moses did not have all the answers, God did not give that to him and that he time was not right, so he gave instruction as to God to follow until the time of the Saviour came.

Satan is at work in all the Churches nowadays piddling in peoples ears and rotting their brains out with so much nonsense like so called Jew idolising that is out of hand nowadays, or even claiming that Islam is the same God, what total nonsense the Jews and Islam are at a loss as to God and no one ever did have it in the bag until Jesus Christ came. so if one does not follow in Christ Jesus, he is of Satan did you know that fact. Pope France has I totally wrong to make such a claim, as such is an attack on Jesus Christ. no now could be so stupid to say such a thing, them bastards will only work to try toss Jesus out of the Picture and bring back the letter of the Law, they are as Jesus pointed out from their Father and murders from the beginning.
Do you know why they work to undermine Jesus Christ, well it's because they do not know him at all, they are on a mans works trip and all that does is leads people astray from God, do you understand that if you do not have Jesus you are lost, so why look to the lost. because if you look to the lost then such can not know Jesus is the Christ, do you understand that fact.

So the absolute fact is that no one can come to the Father but through his only begotten Son, there is only one way you know, end of story.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How IGNORANT...Disagreeing with YOU does not make Jesus a liar......
Dude get a grip...YOU ARE NOT JESUS!!
And? I did not Disagree with HIS words.
LOL....funny. I made NO attempt to "change" Scripture.
And Here is a SCRIPTURAL FACT...
Luke 23:50
[50] And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counseller, and [/B]he was a good man,[/B] and a just:

POST # 321 IS BOL's FALSE BELIEF...
YOU twisting the TRUTH into a LIE, IS ON YOU...

Rom 1
[25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
[26] For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
[27] And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
[28] And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
[29] Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
[30] Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
[31] Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
[32] Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

You are the one with the Problem...and the Consequences thereof are ON YOU.

Enjoy!

Glory to God,
Taken
Once again - your failure to understand what is meant by the context of Joseph's "goodness" is at the root of your confusion and anger . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again - your failure to understand what is meant by the context of Joseph's "goodness" is at the root of your confusion and anger . . .

No, that is FALSE.

The Truth IS...Joseph was a good man.
The Understanding IS...is secondary to the FACT, Joseph was a Good Man.

You proclaim the Understanding of WHY, Joseph was a good man....................

While at the same time DENYING Scripture IS TRUE, that Joseph was a GOOD MAN.

Which is INSANE TWISTED NONSENSE.

And NO, I am not angry, more accurate would be totally Disgusted to ad nauseam with your INSANE TWISTED Teaching of Turning Scripture INTO A LIE, and You Speaking for others, then calling them names for your own FALSE WORDS "you" speak FOR THEM.
Without doubt you are the biggest Fabricator, Fraud and Poser I have ever encountered.

Glory to God,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is FALSE.

The Truth IS...Joseph was a good man.
The Understanding IS...is secondary to the FACT, Joseph was a Good Man.

You proclaim the Understanding of WHY, Joseph was a good man....................

While at the same time DENYING Scripture IS TRUE, that Joseph was a GOOD MAN.

Which is INSANE TWISTED NONSENSE.

And NO, I am not angry, more accurate would be totally Disgusted to ad nauseam with your INSANE TWISTED Teaching of Turning Scripture INTO A LIE, and You Speaking for others, then calling them names for your own FALSE WORDS "you" speak FOR THEM.
Without doubt you are the biggest Fabricator, Fraud and Poser I have ever encountered.

Glory to God,
Taken
Once again - you FAIL to understand Christ.

Read this S*L*O*W*L*Y and maybe it'll sink it:
NO ONE is good except God alone.” - Jesus Christ (Son of God, 2nd Person of the Triune Godhead)

Joseph
wasn't a good man, Moses wasn't a good man, the Apostles weren't good men. The only thing "good" about ANY of them is GOD'S goodness dwelling in them.

ONLY God is good because Jesus says so - no matter how angry that makes YOU . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The OT Saints do know of God, but they did not know Jesus Salvation, they all abided as to what they knew and were Servants of God.
You are trying to make out that that they did not need a Saviour ? and if you do that you do only injury to them.
Who was it that appeared in the clouds with Jesus, they certainly where not dead as we know dead,

Heb_11:5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again - you FAIL to understand Christ.

Read this S*L*O*W*L*Y and maybe it'll sink it:
NO ONE is good except God alone.” - Jesus Christ (Son of God, 2nd Person of the Triune Godhead)

Joseph
wasn't a good man, Moses wasn't a good man, the Apostles weren't good men. The only thing "good" about ANY of them is GOD'S goodness dwelling in them.

ONLY God is good because Jesus says so - no matter how angry that makes YOU . . .

All Scripture is True, no matter how loud you proclaim it isn't.

LOL :D

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Scripture is True, no matter how loud you proclaim it isn't.

LOL
All Scripture IS true - just not the way YOU interpret it.

For example, when Exod. 15:8 says that God parted the sea with a blast of His nostrils - it doesn't meant that God has a nose, Einstein. He is SPIRIT.
He doesn't have WINGS or FEATHERS either - but Psalm 91:4 says He DOES.

You just don't know how to properly divide Scripture - so in your ignorance, you're confused and angry . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All Scripture IS true - just not the way YOU interpret it.

You just don't know how to properly divide Scripture - so in your ignorance, you're confused and angry . . .

LOL

Your Reprobate minds IDEA of Interpretation and Dividing Scripture is to Claim what Scripture says is not True....

LOL

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL
Your Reprobate minds IDEA of Interpretation and Dividing Scripture is to Claim what Scripture says is not True....

LOL
No - I just love catching the errors of Scripturally-ignorant people like yourself . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I just love catching the errors of Scripturally-ignorant people like yourself . . .

LOL

You claim what Scripture says is NOT TRUE...
And then claim I am in error....

LOL, Reprobate mind...