What do I do when everything seems to be going wrong?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
Not griping just wondering why does everything seem to be going wrong? I have relatively few friends, I'm separated, I don't really have a relationship with my parents (and don't want one), I hate my job...I can't even lose weight (been trying)! I'm very depressed and hate my life. Can't think of a time that I really was happy. And that's not all. I know there are people with much worse issues than me. But mine seem devastating. What can I do? Right now, I really just want to die. It's hard to focus on work and I feel like I should take a week off.

zail

Feb 14, 2008
Sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for you (seriously). I dunno, maybe the Lord will give you a fresh hope and perspective. I have a brother in the same place right now (separated, disconnected from his family, unhealthy, stuck in a hard job, depressed, lonely, etc.). I think what he's decided to do is to get into something constructive and let God breathe some meaning onto him through it. By doing so, he's finding a sence of a "life and life more abundant" through Christ. It sounds kinda cheesy, but it works. It's exciting to sense a change. Is there anything you enjoy doing? Any projects you've wanted to work on? Any changes in your lifestyle that you've wanted to make? I believe HE wants to transfer the load you're carrying now for HIS easy load through these smaller things that should excite us. Please give us an update soon.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(TooInvolved1;42138)
Not griping just wondering why does everything seem to be going wrong? I have relatively few friends, I'm separated, I don't really have a relationship with my parents (and don't want one), I hate my job...I can't even lose weight (been trying)! I'm very depressed and hate my life. Can't think of a time that I really was happy. And that's not all. I know there are people with much worse issues than me. But mine seem devastating. What can I do? Right now, I really just want to die. It's hard to focus on work and I feel like I should take a week off.
As your handle implies, I think you already hit the nail on the head. I think you are taking things too seriously. Seriousness is good to get a job done, or if we are in crisis mode. But that should not be all the time.First off, accept yourself. Christ did, otherwise he would not have died for you. Neither you, nor anyone else, has the right to "fix" what God already has.Secondly, all the things you mentioned that you want to improve sound "talk-showish" to me like Oprah, and similar people. In other words, take God's advice, not the world's.The world hates when Christians talk about sin, but they themselves are hypocrites when they have their own version of sin that they preach. It called "self-improvement" and have you noticed nobody is ever good enough?Take your weight for example. The world wants all the women to look like anorexic models. But some people are cut out to be heavier, and to try and become something that is not in your physiology may cause more harm than good medically speaking. Sometimes we do eat too much, but if we try to eat sensibly, then accept whatever weight you are if you know you are doing the right thing. I know. I have 6 cats. Cats don't "overeat" unless you deliberately push food on them and make them that way. Animals know when to stop. Yet, even with all that, as they get older, and this is especially true of females, they get heavier. Some are fat, some are thin, but they all get the same food and exercise since they are outdoors. That proves to me as well that some people are just cut out out be heavier.As for relationships, again, what does the bible teach? Don't believe the likes of Oprah or Jerry Springer that like the dramatics. They don't even have their own lives and house straight, so how can they fix yours? I detest "experts" more and more each day because they do not have their own house in order, let alone anyone else's.These are just some hints, but I think you can see, as I suspect, you may need a radical change of perspective and belief systems away from this world's ideology that is sabotaging your life. And this will take awhile, no simple overnight fix.

Franklin

Dec 28, 2007
(TooInvolved1;42138)
Sounds like you need a life change. - Five simple steps friend!
DON'T DISCREDIT THEIR POWER TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE​
1) Do you attend a GOOD church? Notice the word "Good" If so what kind, and how are the people there? Do they offer you real fellowship and support? If not you need to find a new place where you can become integrated, cared for and build caring relationships... this is not as hard as you think, and will bring huge change. You need a church that excels in relationships with God and with one another! 2) Do you spend time alone with God everyday? If not you need to take 15 minutes each morning and converse(two way street) with God. Keep a journal of your discussions with Him: what is He saying to you, what are you praying for etc... You can do this at your home, you can do this while taking a walk... you cannot do this while listening to the radio, driving in your car or watching TV! 3) Go on a productive/effective diet. My suggestion would be South Beach or preferably the Atkins diet. Don't cringe now, just listen: go to the website, buy the paperback book and learn about the real Atkins diet NOT THE LOW CARB craze - there is a difference! I promise you - you will lose weight. I lost 55 pounds! AND you will feel MUCH BETTER - you wont believe the difference this will make 4)Take a walk everyday You need some "you" time. This will be harder to facilitate since you will be making so many new friends, but I suggest you make the time. If you live in a rural area thats great! If in a city find a SAFE park you can just walk in... Just walk, don't think so much, let your mind wander and organize itself 5)Captain your Thoughts Don't allow yourself to be negative or think negative... Stop being mad at people who have done you wrong- including your parents... It's time to forgive everyone who has wronged you, and MOVE ON. This is your life. It is precious, and you need to find value in you: the creation of God. Time to move on friend, time to close the book on a few past failures, offenses and wrongs. Today is a new day, and you are a new you. Finally let me tell you how sorry I am you are suffering through separation. My wife left me for another man some twenty years ago now. Those were some TOUGH days. But life gets better! I made it through and so will you. Integrate now the steps mentioned above and watch your life change! You won't believe the difference just these small changes make

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
(TooInvolved1;42138)
That sounds like my so-called life. I could have written it myself word for word. I'm afraid, though, that I can't help you. I have 15 medical bills I have to pay every month, and I don't have enough money. I'm in pain from my neck on down, and so far I'm on 4 different medications daily for different illnesses.However, I determined many years ago that I will not allow myself to be depressed. Unfortunately, I fail in that determination now and again. Romans 8:28 is the verse I try to live by now. I have nothing to worry about because it's all in God's capable hands. However, when you have bills left over after the money runs out, it's difficult not to get depressed. I know what it's like for nothing to go right. However, one thing that did go right is that I accepted Jesus Christ as my Saviour nearly 45 years ago, and now I am in His hands.

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
(TooInvolved1;42138)
all throughout our lives we are going to have these moments. They are times of painful stretching and refinement. The one thing that you can do above all, and it is the hardest to do...relax. If you feel a need to take a week off of work do it. Take the time, be with the Lord...enjoy some simple things.Separation is par. Things go wrong to strengthen faith....it should all come down to a single focal point, Christ and you. I have had many many of these times...He always brings me through them and the otherside is always joy that makes us forget the pain...Remember this:Isa 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you;Be not dismayed, for I am your God.I will strengthen you,Yes, I will help you,I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' and:Jhn 16:20 "Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy. Jhn 16:21 "A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. Jhn 16:22 "Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you. He says come to me all you are heavy laden and I will give you rest. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light....we will return to Him repeatedly throughout our lives and hand over our heavy laden burdens, He will always gladly take them upon Himself and replace them with an easy burden and a light yoke...love and blessings: :pray3:

Mar 25, 2008
(TooInvolved1;42138)
Maybe you should take a week off and during that week off, talk to God and have a conversation with him, and he will be gladly to have a conversation with you.. Open your heart and mind.

ForYou

Jan 21, 2008
Sorry my answer won't be like the others here not long but here.Pray to God,ask him for help. Drop your problems down,give them to God to help you with
smile.gif

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
My advice is read Job. That is the best book of the bible I would suggest about suffering. Have you considered that this could be a testing of your faith? That you are being tested to see if through all these trials and difficult parts of your life you will continue to look to God.

His By Grace

Dec 28, 2007
I like that FOC. We had a great sermon last night for our Wednesday night prayer/worship time. Bro. D. reminded us that Jesus knew the disciples were in a storm for he watched them struggling (Matt.14), so He "allowed" it. He was testing their faith after the great miracle of the feeding of the 5,000+. He came walking on the water but would have passed them by (Mark 6) had they not cried out to Him. Jesus is NOT presumptuous. He waits for us to ask, seek, and knock. He also pointed out that the first letters of ask, seek, and knock, spell ASK. PRETTY COOL!!! Anyway, once they cried out to the Lord, inviting Him to help, he told them to "Be of good cheer!It is I!" In our language He would say, "Be happy! It's me. I'm right here with you. Don't be afraid." After Peter walked on water,but began to sink, the Lord upheld him IMMEDIATELY, when he cried out, "Lord, save me!" Jesus only held out one strong arm. He may not always fix everything immediately, but he answers immediately. Faith hears the inaudible and sees the invisible! Hang in there, for you know that He doesn't require but a little bit of faith to save you. Mustard seeds are very,very tiny. If you don't have much, you can pray what I do sometimes: "Lord, I believe! Help my unbelief!" (straight from God's Word)