What Do The Book of Daniel DECEIVERS Present?!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't either, as the time of the appearance of the Antichrist is still over a 1,000 years into our future, before he will appear.

Shalom

Now that I don't think is true. Why do you think the Antichrist is after the Millennium?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure which wall you are talking about and what is its significance? In order to restore and build Jerusalem, the wall had to be restored. But there is nothing critical about this wall. The Gap is from the crucifixion of Christ to the revelation of the Antichrist in the future.

There were four different decrees to rebuild parts of Jerusalem, but only one included the surrounding wall - 444 BC. Are you thinking 457 BC?

There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks;
The street shall be built again, and the wall,

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Enoch111, from just a brief scanning of the free PDF file of The Romance of Bible Chronology, by Martin Anstey, I found a number of mistakes in his chronology of the OT,
I am referring to his book titled Chronology of the Old Testament. In fact he has corrected the mistakes of other chronologers including Ptolemy. Even the book you referred to had this Foreword by G. Campell Morgan, so I believe you are quite mistaken:

FOREWORD

BY REV. G. CAMPBELL MORGAN, D. D.

It is with pleasure, and yet with reluctance, that I have consented to preface this book with any words of mine.

The reluctance is due to the fact that the work is so lucidly done, that any setting forth of the method or purpose by way of introduction would be a work of supererogation.

The pleasure results from the fact that the book is the outcome of our survey of the Historic movement in the redeeming activity of God as seen in the Old Testament, in the Westminster Bible School. While I was giving lectures on that subject, it was my good fortune to have the co-operation of Mr. Martin Anstey, in a series of lectures on these dates. My work was that of sweeping over large areas, and largely ignoring dates. He gave his attention to these, and the result is the present volume, which is invaluable to the Bible Teacher, on account of its completeness and detailed accuracy.

Bible study is the study of the Bible. There are many methods and departments; none is without value; all of them, when done thoroughly rather than superficially, tend to the deepening of conviction as to the accuracy of the records.

In no case is this more marked than in departments which are incidental than essential.

If, in such a matter as that of dates - which seems to be purely incidental, and is of such a general nature that few have taken the trouble to pay particular attention to it - the method of careful study shows that these apparently incidental references are nevertheless accurate and harmonious, then a testimony full of value is borne to the integrity of the writings.

To this work Mr. Anstey has given himself, with great care, and much scholarship. The results are full of fascination, and are almost startling in their revelation of the harmony of the Biblical scheme.

The method has been that of independent study of the writings themselves with an open mind, and determination to hide nothing, and to explain nothing away.

The careful and patient student is the only person who will be able to appreciate the value of this work; and all such will come to its study with thankfulness to the Author; and having minds equally open and honest, will be able to verify or correct. In this process I venture to affirm that corrections will be few, and the verification constant.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There were four different decrees to rebuild parts of Jerusalem, but only one included the surrounding wall - 444 BC. Are you thinking 457 BC?
There was only one decree issued by Cyrus and that was all encompassing -- Jerusalem and its wall would be rebuilt, followed by the rebuilding of the temple. This decree went out in 453 BC (as corrected by Anstey, with the crucifixion of Christ is AD 30, for a total of 483 years. The temple could not be rebuilt without first fortifying Jerusalem.

2 CHRONICLES 36:22,23 & EZRA 1:1-3
Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD spoken by the mouth of Jeremiah might be accomplished, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying, Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the LORD God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up....

Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying, Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build the house of the LORD God of Israel, (he is the God,) which is in Jerusalem.

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't either, as the time of the appearance of the Antichrist is still over a 1,000 years into our future, before he will appear.

Shalom

With all due respect you are wrong about 1,000 years in the future.
I will be alive when Jesus returns, I'm 77 I don't think I will last another 1,000 years.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am referring to his book titled Chronology of the Old Testament. In fact he has corrected the mistakes of other chronologers including Ptolemy. Even the book you referred to had this Foreword by G. Campell Morgan, so I believe you are quite mistaken:

Well if you have access to the book Chronology of the Old Testament, then if you would kindly copying and paste Anstey logical presentations for his calculations, then if my list of errors, that I listed in the post that you have replied to, can be proved wrong, then I am happy to concede that I am mistaken. But to simple say that I am mistaken because of a foreword in the book that I had referenced is not a substantial argument that can justify your statemen,t that I am mistaken. All that you had presented is your opinion without any substance.

Please present the facts from Anstey's work on the OT Chronology, that clearly demonstrate that I may be in error. Otherwise a retraction would be appreciated.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
With all due respect you are wrong about 1,000 years in the future.
I will be alive when Jesus returns, I'm 77 I don't think I will last another 1,000 years.

That is what you believe base on a dream that you had many years ago. We will have to agree to disagree as I am sure that no presentation of mine as to why I believe Christ's second advent to Judge the Nations of the Earth is still a distant future event would be accepted by you.

Shalom

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not surprised. Especially when 1948 is thrown into the pot. Just like the SDA threw 1844 into the pot. So just to help you (and hopefully Bobby Jo), here is what Daniel's prophecy of 70 weeks (7 x 70 = 490 years) is all about.

1. It pertains primarily to Jerusalem, Judah, and Israel, and Messiah (Jesus of Nazareth) is specifically mentioned in this prophecy.

2. However since it also features the Antichrist and the Abomination of Desolation, it will have a worldwide effect.

3. It shows us God's eventual goal for this world under Christ and when the Kingdom of God is established on earth.
A SIX-FOLD REVELATION OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD ON EARTH
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, [1] to finish the transgression, and [2] to make an end of sins, and [3] to make reconciliation for iniquity, and [4] to bring in everlasting righteousness, and [5] to seal up the vision and prophecy, and [6] to anoint the most Holy.

4. It does not present the Church Age, therefore the gap between the 69th week and the 70th week is missing. Therefore we must turn to all relevant Scriptures to understand that the 70th week is in the future, and that the first half of that period (3 1/2 years) will be assigned to the reign of the Antichrist.

5. Proper chronological computation (as done by Martin Anstey) confirms that from the decree of Cyrus "to restore and build Jerusalem" until the crucifixion of Christ when "Messiah shall be cut off, but not for himself", there were exactly 483 years. Therefore 7 years remain to be fulfilled (for a total of 490 years).
"Hey PM, why you going to work on Monday?"
"To make some money."

"To make"
money is the reason I'm going to work, not an objective which must be met by the end of Monday...I'll eventually get paid on Friday.

In the same way:
"Hey, Gabriel, why them 70 Weeks got cut off?"
"I already told you, D-Mac..."to finish, make, make, bring in, seal up, and anoint".

The sixfold revelation points are reasons the 70 Weeks were cut off, not mission objectives which must be completed before the end of the 70 Weeks and there's nothing in the prophecy demanding this is so...it is a purely subjective imposition by Jesuit Futurists who cannot see it any other way because this subjective interpretation is a major cog in the machinery without which it loses much momentum, right or wrong?

Last edited:

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is what you believe base on a dream that you had many years ago. We will have to agree to disagree as I am sure that no presentation of mine as to why I believe Christ's second advent to Judge the Nations of the Earth is still a distant future event would be accepted by you.

Shalom
It was not a dream. Even with out my experience. You still have Math 24, Mark 13 Luke 21. You should read them again. Jesus said all these things will come to pass in one generation. and before that generation passes away I ( Jesus ) will return. Israel becoming a nation in 1948 was the starting point

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re-Post

To All,

I like the saying, "This ain't my first rodeo", because we should expect disrupters to attack, divert, interfere, etc. So please don't be surprised when satan's minions show up. :)

So the next aspect we should address is the CONTEXT in the Book of Daniel. In 12:4 & 9, the angel instructs Daniel:

Dan. 12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

Per this passage, we MUST anticipate the fulfillment to apply to an era where people travel some 60 to 600 miles per hour, and where information is literally at our finger tips. But the commentator have a different agenda. They have contrived a FALSE Scripture and FALSE History so that they can be the EXPERTS who have an answer. Now their answer is a LIE, but it's their BEST LIE. So let's take a look:

In the book, “Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation,” John Walvoord writes regarding the interpretation of the seventy “weeks:”

...​

Consider the Contemporary English Version, (CEV), footnote for verse 25 which provides that any priest or king is called an anointed one (mâshiyach).

There are 39 such citations, for which the translators capitalize 2 without any authorization, and for example Leviticus provides what happens if a mâshiyach sins:

By now it should be obvious that what we've been told about this Book of Daniel, and particularly this 9th Chapter, is untrue. We MUST find a fulfillment approximate to the era of 1948 if we are to find ANY fulfillment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point of the above is:

1. The Book of Daniel is prophetic for the era approximate to 1948, -- and not some ancient ~500BC Medo/Perisian or ~300BC Grecian "fulfillments".
2. The scholars DO NOT agree with the "fulfillments" as assigned by the commentators.
3. The Scriptures DO NOT agree with the "fulfillments as assigned by the commentators.
4. Everything we've been told from the Pulpit and the "experts" is a LIE, -- their BEST LIE --, but still a LIE.​

So now that some in this Forum have promulgated the LIES of the commentators in their hasty defense of the indefensible, where do we go from here? -- How about at the beginning of Daniel 9?!?

Daniel 9:1 In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasu-e′rus, by birth a Mede, who became king over the realm of the Chalde′ans—

Without delving too deeply into the historical context, the FIRST YEAR of Darius is AFTER the Great Feast which Belshazzar proclaimed, and was the end of HIS LIFE. The Nobles who feared for their welfare murdered Belshazzar because he didn't raise an army, or purchase mercenaries, or attempt to negotiate with King Cyrus who was virtually at the gates. Instead he HELD A FEAST. So the nobles murdered him and placed the son of a former Median King in his place. -- Please note that Belshazzar's father, Nabonidus was off with the army expanding the empire, leaving his son in charge, and Cyrus took advantage of the defenseless kingdom under an inept son.

Daniel 9:2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, perceived in the books the number of years which, according to the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet, must pass before the end of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years.

There are two main points to be gleaned from this verse.

1. Daniel "perceived" in the Books. This "perceived" is not the normal "shama" typical of reading the Book of Jeremiah. Instead it's the much more sophisticated "biyn" which is best understood using the perspective from 1 Kings 3 where GOD asked Solomon what he would have GOD give him. Solomon (with humility) asked for "shama", and GOD said HE would give him what he asked for such that no man before him and no man after him shall have such "BIYN".

So we should understand that Daniel used SOLOMON WISDOM to perceive in the BOOKS the number of YEARS.

2. Because we can equally use SOLOMON WISDOM to perceive in the BOOKS the number of YEARS, we can consider the BOOK of PSALMS which J.R. Church asserted is the 19th BOOK of the Bible and is prophetic for the 1900's, Chapter for year, such that Book 19, Chapter 44 = 1944 Holocaust (see vs. 11 & 22); Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948 International Recognition of the State of Israel; etc.​

So far so good?
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It was not a dream. Even with out my experience. You still have Math 24, Mark 13 Luke 21. You should read them again. Jesus said all these things will come to pass in one generation. and before that generation passes away I ( Jesus ) will return. Israel becoming a nation in 1948 was the starting point

I am sorry, but I do recall you posting recently, that you had either a dream or a vision while still quite young, from which you understood that you would not die before the second advent of Christ.

I also understand that the Greek Word, γενεὰ, genea, has the meaning of a generation/age, rather the traditional translation found in our English Translations of a descendant generation, which is the meaning that you are giving to genea in Matt_24:34. Now an age based on my understanding is a little longer than 1,000 years. Perhaps you should heed your own advice to me and read the referenced chapters in your post to confirm the truth of the matter. It will require a little more work than simply reading the applicable chapters that you have suggested.

You will have to answer the question as to when Satan and his gang of fallen wicked angels will be kicked out of heaven? Whether or not, you believe that they will be imprisoned in the bottomless pit for 1,000 years before that are released for a little while period. That after they are released the false prophet, i.e. the little horn of Daniel, who will rise up out of the earth, will entice many people to worship the beast that comes up out of the sea. This will be the time of the great tribulation on the earth.

Since Christ captures the beast and the false prophet at the end of the millennium Age and dispatches them into the lake of Fire, after which Satan is then dealt similarly with by Christ. Then the time of the final judgement begins which includes the Judgement of the Nations.

Shalom

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jay Ross
Please feel free to take you conversation to another Topic, or a NEW Topic.
Thanks!
Bobby Jo

... we should expect disrupters to attack, divert, interfere, etc.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was only one decree issued by Cyrus and that was all encompassing -- Jerusalem and its wall would be rebuilt, followed by the rebuilding of the temple. This decree went out in 453 BC (as corrected by Anstey, with the crucifixion of Christ is AD 30, for a total of 483 years. The temple could not be rebuilt without first fortifying Jerusalem.

2 CHRONICLES 36:22,23 & EZRA 1:1-3
Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD spoken by the mouth of Jeremiah might be accomplished, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying, Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, All the kingdoms of the earth hath the LORD God of heaven given me; and he hath charged me to build him an house in Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? The LORD his God be with him, and let him go up....

Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying, Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The LORD God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Who is there among you of all his people? his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build the house of the LORD God of Israel, (he is the God,) which is in Jerusalem.

It was Artaxerxes, not Cyrus. But the date is either 444 BC or 457 BC I need to do more research.

The decree of Artaxerxes mentioned in Nehemiah chapters 1 and 2.

The story of Nehemiah begins in the 20th year of Artaxerxes' reign. Nehemiah, a Jew, was the king's cupbearer. One day some of his brethren from Judah arrived in Shushan where king's palace was. Nehemiah inquired of them about the condition of things in Jerusalem.

"The remnant that are left of the captivity there in the province are in great affliction and reproach," they replied. "The wall of Jerusalem also is broken down, and the gates thereof are burned with fire."

Nehemiah sat down and wept. For several days he mourned and fasted and prayed. His prayer is remarkably similar to that of Daniel in Daniel 9. He prayed that somehow God would "grant him mercy in the sight of" the king.

Four months later, Nehemiah was serving wine to the king, and Artaxerxes noticed a sadness on Nehemiah's countenance. "Why is thy countenance sad?" the king asked.

Nehemiah explained that Jerusalem was still in ruins, the wall and the gates were still not repaired. When the king asked what he would like to do, Nehemiah answered, "If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers' sepulchres, that I may build it."

Artaxerxes consented, and sent with him letters for the governors of the region, authorizing the rebuilding project. This commission was issued in the spring of 444 B.C., in Artaxerxes' 20th year of reign.

Last edited:

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/1921_mauro_seventy-weeks.html

These are the six predicted items:

1. To finish the transgression. The "transgression" of Israel had long been the burden of the messages of God's prophets. It was for their "transgression" that they had been sent into captivity, and that their land and city had been made a "desolation" for seventy years.

2. To make an end of sins. On this item we need not dwell at length; for we have already called attention to the marvelous workings of God's wisdom in causing that the extreme sin of man should serve to accomplish eternal redemption, and so provide a complete remedy for sin For the crucifixion of Christ, though it was truly a deed of diabolical wickedness on the part of man, was on His own part the offering of Himself without spot to God as a sacrifice for sins (Heb. 9 :14). It was thus that He "offered the one Sacrifice for sins forever" (Heb. 10:12).

We understand that the sense in which the death of Christ made "an end of sins" was that thereby He made a perfect atonement for sins, as written in Hebrews 1:3, "when He had by Himself purged our sins'" and in many like passages. It is to be noted however, that the Hebrew word for "sins" in this passage means not only the sin itself, but also the sacrifice therefore. Hence it is thought by some that what the angel here foretold was the making an end of the sin-offering required by the law. That was, indeed, an incidental result, and it is mentioned expressly in verse 27. But the word used in that verse is not the word found in verse 24, which means sin or sin- offering It is a different word, meaning sacrifice. We conclude, therefore, that the words, "to make an end of sins," should be taken in their most obvious sense.

3. To make reconciliation for iniquity The word here translated "reconciliation" is usually rendered "atone- but according to Strong's Concordance it expresses also the thought of appeasing or reconciling. We shall, therefore, assume that our translators had good reason for using the word "reconciliation." If, however, it be taken that "atonement" is the better rendering, the conclusion would not be affected; for both atonement and reconciliation were made by the death of Christ upon the cross.

4. To bring in everlasting righteousness Righteousness is the most prominent feature of the kingdom of God. To show this we need only cite those familiar passages: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and 11 is righteousness" (Matt. 6:33); "the kingdom of God is righteousness and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost" (Rom. 14:17). One characteristic of God's righteousness, which He was "to bring in" through the sacrifice of Christ ((Rom.. 3:21-26), is that it endures forever; and this is what is emphasized in the prophecy. A work was to be done, and now has been done, which would bring in everlasting righteousness - everlasting because based upon the Cross, as foretold also through Isaiah, "My righteousness shall be forever" (Isa. 51:8). Jesus Christ has now been made unto US "righteous- (1 Cor. 1:30); and this is in fulfillment of another great promise: "behold the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise Unto David a righteous Branch, and a King reign and prosper And this is His Name whereby He shall be called JEHOVAH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Jer. 23 :5, 6).

5. To seal up vision and prophecy. This we take to mean the sealing up of God's word of prophecy to the Israelites, as part of the punishment they brought upon themselves. The word "seal up" sometimes means, in a secondary sense, to make secure, since what is tightly sealed up is made safe against being tampered with. Hence some have understood by this item merely that vision and prophecy were to be fulfilled. But we are not aware that the word "sealed up" is used in that sense in the Scriptures. For when the fulfillment of prophecy is meant, the word "to fulfill" is used. We think the word should be taken here in its primary meaning; for it was distinctly foretold, as a prominent feature of Israel's punishment that both vision and prophet - i.. e., both eye and ear - were to be closed up, so that seeing they would see not, and hearing they would hear not (Isa. 6:10).

Here we have a clear prediction of that which Christ Himself prophesied when the desolation of Judea, and the scattering of the Jews among all nations (Lu. 21:24).

6. To anoint the most holy place. When these papers were first written and published in serial form, we were of opinion that this prediction had its fulfillment in the entrance of the Lord Jesus Christ into the heavenly sanctuary (Heb. 9 :23, 24). But subsequently a copy of Dr. Pusey's work on Daniel the Prophet came into our hands, and we were much impressed by the exposition of this passage given by that great Hebrew scholar, who so ably defended the Book of Daniel from the assaults of the destructive critics. He pointed out that the word anoint had acquired a settled spiritual meaning, citing the words of Isaiah 61:1, 2, which our Lord applied to Himself as He Whom God had "anointed." Dr. Pusey also pointed out that, inasmuch as the same word is used in the very next verse of Daniel "unto the Anointed, the Prince" it is to be assumed that words so closely united must be used with the same meaning. This gives the idea of an "anointing of an All Holy place" by the pouring out of the Holy Spirit thereon. Dr. Pusey cites much evidence in support of this idea; but without going into the discussion of the matter at length, we will simply state that we were led thereby to the conclusion that the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples of Christ, on the day of Pentecost, therebyanointing (see 2 Cor. 1:21) a spiritual temple "the temple of the living God" (2 Cor. 6:16), furnishes a fulfillment of this detail of the prophecy, a fulfillment which is not only in keeping with the other five items, but which brings the whole series to a worthy climax.

These six predicted events, which we have now considered in detail, were, according to the words of God by Gabriel, to be accomplished within the "determined" (or limited, or "marked off") period of seventy sevens of years; and we have shown - indeed it is SO clear as hardly to be open to dispute - that all six items were completely fulfilled at the first coming of Christ, and in the "week" of His crucifixion. For when our Lord ascended into heaven and the Holy Spirit descended, there remained not one of the six items of Daniel 9:24 that was not dully accomplished.

Last edited:
Reactions: CharismaticLady

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re-Post

To All,

I like the saying, "This ain't my first rodeo", because we should expect disrupters to attack, divert, interfere, etc. So please don't be surprised when satan's minions show up. :)

So the next aspect we should address is the CONTEXT in the Book of Daniel. In 12:4 & 9, the angel instructs Daniel:

Dan. 12:4 But you, Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”
9 He said, “Go your way, Daniel, for the words are shut up and sealed until the time of the end.

Per this passage, we MUST anticipate the fulfillment to apply to an era where people travel some 60 to 600 miles per hour, and where information is literally at our finger tips. But the commentator have a different agenda. They have contrived a FALSE Scripture and FALSE History so that they can be the EXPERTS who have an answer. Now their answer is a LIE, but it's their BEST LIE. So let's take a look:

In the book, “Daniel, The Key to Prophetic Revelation,” John Walvoord writes regarding the interpretation of the seventy “weeks:”

...​

Consider the Contemporary English Version, (CEV), footnote for verse 25 which provides that any priest or king is called an anointed one (mâshiyach).

There are 39 such citations, for which the translators capitalize 2 without any authorization, and for example Leviticus provides what happens if a mâshiyach sins:

By now it should be obvious that what we've been told about this Book of Daniel, and particularly this 9th Chapter, is untrue. We MUST find a fulfillment approximate to the era of 1948 if we are to find ANY fulfillment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point of the above is:

1. The Book of Daniel is prophetic for the era approximate to 1948, -- and not some ancient ~500BC Medo/Perisian or ~300BC Grecian "fulfillments".
2. The scholars DO NOT agree with the "fulfillments" as assigned by the commentators.
3. The Scriptures DO NOT agree with the "fulfillments as assigned by the commentators.
4. Everything we've been told from the Pulpit and the "experts" is a LIE, -- their BEST LIE --, but still a LIE.​

So now that some in this Forum have promulgated the LIES of the commentators in their hasty defense of the indefensible, where do we go from here? -- How about at the beginning of Daniel 9?!?

Daniel 9:1 In the first year of Darius the son of Ahasu-e′rus, by birth a Mede, who became king over the realm of the Chalde′ans—

Without delving too deeply into the historical context, the FIRST YEAR of Darius is AFTER the Great Feast which Belshazzar proclaimed, and was the end of HIS LIFE. The Nobles who feared for their welfare murdered Belshazzar because he didn't raise an army, or purchase mercenaries, or attempt to negotiate with King Cyrus who was virtually at the gates. Instead he HELD A FEAST. So the nobles murdered him and placed the son of a former Median King in his place. -- Please note that Belshazzar's father, Nabonidus was off with the army expanding the empire, leaving his son in charge, and Cyrus took advantage of the defenseless kingdom under an inept son.

Daniel 9:2 in the first year of his reign, I, Daniel, perceived in the books the number of years which, according to the word of the Lord to Jeremiah the prophet, must pass before the end of the desolations of Jerusalem, namely, seventy years.

There are two main points to be gleaned from this verse.

1. Daniel "perceived" in the Books. This "perceived" is not the normal "shama" typical of reading the Book of Jeremiah. Instead it's the much more sophisticated "biyn" which is been understood using the perspective from 1 Kings 3 where GOD asked Solomon what he would have GOD give him. Solomon (with humility) asked for "shama", and GOD said HE would give him what he asked for such that no man before him and no man after him shall have such "BIYN".

So we should understand that Daniel used SOLOMON WISDOM to perceive in the BOOKS the number of YEARS.

2. Because we can equally use SOLOMON WISDOM to perceive in the BOOKS the number of YEARS, we can consider the BOOK of PSALMS which J.R. Church asserted is the 19th BOOK of the Bible and is prophetic for the 1900's, Chapter for year, such that Book 19, Chapter 44 = 1944 Holocaust (see vs. 11 & 22); Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948 International Recognition of the State of Israel; etc.​

So far so good?
Bobby Jo

Did you make any changes, or is this the same as post #1? I think we are having a fun discussion, and some things I've never heard of.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Jay Ross
Please feel free to take you conversation to another Topic, or a NEW Topic.
Thanks!
Bobby Jo

... we should expect disrupters to attack, divert, interfere, etc.

Just following your poor example. A little of your own medicine.

And as for the disrupters to attack divert and interfere, etc. Could you be that person? I wonder?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
http://www.preteristarchive.com/Books/1921_mauro_seventy-weeks.html

These are the six predicted items:

1. To finish the transgression. The "transgression" of Israel had long been the burden of the messages of God's prophets. It was for their "transgression" that they had been sent into captivity, and that their land and city had been made a "desolation" for seventy years.

2. To make an end of sins. On this item we need not dwell at length; for we have already called attention to the marvelous workings of God's wisdom in causing that the extreme sin of man should serve to accomplish eternal redemption, and so provide a complete remedy for sin For the crucifixion of Christ, though it was truly a deed of diabolical wickedness on the part of man, was on His own part the offering of Himself without spot to God as a sacrifice for sins (Heb. 9 :14). It was thus that He "offered the one Sacrifice for sins forever" (Heb. 10:12).

We understand that the sense in which the death of Christ made "an end of sins" was that thereby He made a perfect atonement for sins, as written in Hebrews 1:3, "when He had by Himself purged our sins'" and in many like passages. It is to be noted however, that the Hebrew word for "sins" in this passage means not only the sin itself, but also the sacrifice therefore. Hence it is thought by some that what the angel here foretold was the making an end of the sin-offering required by the law. That was, indeed, an incidental result, and it is mentioned expressly in verse 27. But the word used in that verse is not the word found in verse 24, which means sin or sin- offering It is a different word, meaning sacrifice. We conclude, therefore, that the words, "to make an end of sins," should be taken in their most obvious sense.

3. To make reconciliation for iniquity The word here translated "reconciliation" is usually rendered "atone- but according to Strong's Concordance it expresses also the thought of appeasing or reconciling. We shall, therefore, assume that our translators had good reason for using the word "reconciliation." If, however, it be taken that "atonement" is the better rendering, the conclusion would not be affected; for both atonement and reconciliation were made by the death of Christ upon the cross.

4. To bring in everlasting righteousness Righteousness is the most prominent feature of the kingdom of God. To show this we need only cite those familiar passages: "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and 11 is righteousness" (Matt. 6:33); "the kingdom of God is righteousness and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost" (Rom. 14:17). One characteristic of God's righteousness, which He was "to bring in" through the sacrifice of Christ ((Rom.. 3:21-26), is that it endures forever; and this is what is emphasized in the prophecy. A work was to be done, and now has been done, which would bring in everlasting righteousness - everlasting because based upon the Cross, as foretold also through Isaiah, "My righteousness shall be forever" (Isa. 51:8). Jesus Christ has now been made unto US "righteous- (1 Cor. 1:30); and this is in fulfillment of another great promise: "behold the days come, saith the Lord, that I will raise Unto David a righteous Branch, and a King reign and prosper And this is His Name whereby He shall be called JEHOVAH OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Jer. 23 :5, 6).

5. To seal up vision and prophecy. This we take to mean the sealing up of God's word of prophecy to the Israelites, as part of the punishment they brought upon themselves. The word "seal up" sometimes means, in a secondary sense, to make secure, since what is tightly sealed up is made safe against being tampered with. Hence some have understood by this item merely that vision and prophecy were to be fulfilled. But we are not aware that the word "sealed up" is used in that sense in the Scriptures. For when the fulfillment of prophecy is meant, the word "to fulfill" is used. We think the word should be taken here in its primary meaning; for it was distinctly foretold, as a prominent feature of Israel's punishment that both vision and prophet - i.. e., both eye and ear - were to be closed up, so that seeing they would see not, and hearing they would hear not (Isa. 6:10).

Here we have a clear prediction of that which Christ Himself prophesied when the desolation of Judea, and the scattering of the Jews among all nations (Lu. 21:24).

6. To anoint the most holy place. When these papers were first written and published in serial form, we were of opinion that this prediction had its fulfillment in the entrance of the Lord Jesus Christ into the heavenly sanctuary (Heb. 9 :23, 24). But subsequently a copy of Dr. Pusey's work on Daniel the Prophet came into our hands, and we were much impressed by the exposition of this passage given by that great Hebrew scholar, who so ably defended the Book of Daniel from the assaults of the destructive critics. He pointed out that the word anoint had acquired a settled spiritual meaning, citing the words of Isaiah 61:1, 2, which our Lord applied to Himself as He Whom God had "anointed." Dr. Pusey also pointed out that, inasmuch as the same word is used in the very next verse of Daniel "unto the Anointed, the Prince" it is to be assumed that words so closely united must be used with the same meaning. This gives the idea of an "anointing of an All Holy place" by the pouring out of the Holy Spirit thereon. Dr. Pusey cites much evidence in support of this idea; but without going into the discussion of the matter at length, we will simply state that we were led thereby to the conclusion that the coming of the Holy Spirit upon the disciples of Christ, on the day of Pentecost, therebyanointing (see 2 Cor. 1:21) a spiritual temple "the temple of the living God" (2 Cor. 6:16), furnishes a fulfillment of this detail of the prophecy, a fulfillment which is not only in keeping with the other five items, but which brings the whole series to a worthy climax.

These six predicted events, which we have now considered in detail, were, according to the words of God by Gabriel, to be accomplished within the "determined" (or limited, or "marked off") period of seventy sevens of years; and we have shown - indeed it is SO clear as hardly to be open to dispute - that all six items were completely fulfilled at the first coming of Christ, and in the "week" of His crucifixion. For when our Lord ascended into heaven and the Holy Spirit descended, there remained not one of the six items of Daniel 9:24 that was not dully accomplished.

John 8:34-36
34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you make any changes, or is this the same as post #1? I think we are having a fun discussion, and some things I've never heard of.

Yeah, fun -- as in stuff that tickles ears, which isn't my cup of tea. So I think I'll leave the conversation.

Thanks,
Bobby Jo