What do you guys think of Pastor Benny Hinn?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(jodycour;13004)
The reason that people go to people like Benny Hinn is that usually they don't have the faith themselves to be healled so if they see some one else get healed by this man they come to him because obviously he has the faith to pray for them. The money part is between Him and God, not people who are just envious!
As I said before I dont think faith is a requirement to healing it wasnt in the bible

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(kriss;13006)
As I said before I dont think faith is a requirement to healing it wasnt in the bible
When Jesus healed - he always asked a question, that reqired an answer from a sick person before he/she was healed. He asked: do you believe, do you want, do you think I can, and other questions like that. But not all at a same time. There were times when he needed a family memebr, a friends or someone else to believe in order to heal.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
Wakka,You can't always trust what you here other people say, because as you can see on this forum it is very easy to misunderstand what another person says!Don't jump to quickly to this conclusion unless you actually hear him say it himself!I've heard him preach for along time, but I've never heard him say such a thing!

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I didn't. I went to the website and looked up his views on evolution. I'm going to talk to this person tonight.Edit: I cannot find his opinion on evolution, but his website is against it.

arenamistica

May 7, 2007
If he's not preaching Acts 2:38 (which I have yet to hear), then he's a false prophet. He talks about the Holy Spirit and confessing, and repenting...but I have yet to hear him speak of "water baptism" in Jesus name! Matthew 7:15 - Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Matthew 24:11 - And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. Matthew 24:24 - For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Mark 13:22 - For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect. ***With respect to miracles and healings, Satan is a "magician", therefore he can create illusions, if you will. Remember the miracle with the rod(s). The magicians/sorcerers were able to turn their rods into serpents as well, but well Moses' serpent swallowed up theirs thus showing that Moses worshipped the TRUE Almighty God. Exodus 7:8-138 And the LORD spake unto Moses and unto Aaron, saying, 9 When Pharaoh shall speak unto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy rod, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent. 10 And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent. 11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. 12 For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods. 13 And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
i remember watching benny hinn when i was small, i dont know about all the money and whatnot claims against his beliefs or if his worships and healings are true, but i know from what I've seen, and not heard others say, that he is a faithful man, maybe he did falsely heal some people i dont know, but I believe he is a man of strong faith for sure. just my opinion.

Brett

May 25, 2007
The eyes have it, look at the eyes, the light of the soul. I used to do security work, crowd control and you could tell after a while if a person was the real deal by their eyes. Hinn and others like Joyce Myer have eyes that spell out charlatan in capital letters. Money money money. All of their churches and associated ones are big money turners, they preach a well off "God wants you to be well of its His wish for you that youe are and His promise and blessing" message. The Bible says that it is hard for rich people to enter heaven and echoes the fact over and over from cover to cover. Another tree and its fruit which comes crashing down when properly illuminated by the Word.They spread the blood of Christ around in their rantings like it was paint and not our precious Lords spilt blood. They walk, sometimes run past collapsing deluded weak in the actuall faith Christians with their hand raised sayin over and over as they pass the people "in the name of Christ, in the name of Christ, in the name of Chirst" as they fall like flies when his hand passes them. Please, its just old fashioned snake oil showmanship which promotes uncontrolled multiple outburst with people shouting out their prayers over the top of others like they are crazed. Its totally the opposite to the order that should be exhibited. Charlatans.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Scriptually,here is why I can't and don't believe in Benny HinnMark 6:13 "And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them."The use of the olive oil is to be used after Christ's death, just as it was prior to His death. James 5:14 instructs us; "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him [her] with the oil in the name of the Lord [in the name of Jesus the Christ]." The oil used is olive oil and the anointing is in the name of Jesus, for it demonstrates that you believe and have the faith that Christ can heal.Christ does the healing and the oil shows obedience to His Word. Sometimes the believer must do something that might look silly to others. It is our act of obedience to God, because He said to do it. So the disciples anointed the people in the town were they went, and this definitely was olive oil.Now!I may have missed it,but in all the times Ive watched Benny claim to heal someone Ive never seen him use the oil,and if it is instructed of God to do so, which it is and he does'nt,how can he be true?

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
(n2thelight;13856)
Scriptually,here is why I can't and don't believe in Benny HinnMark 6:13 "And they cast out many devils, and anointed with oil many that were sick, and healed them."The use of the olive oil is to be used after Christ's death, just as it was prior to His death. James 5:14 instructs us; "Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him [her] with the oil in the name of the Lord [in the name of Jesus the Christ]." The oil used is olive oil and the anointing is in the name of Jesus, for it demonstrates that you believe and have the faith that Christ can heal.Christ does the healing and the oil shows obedience to His Word. Sometimes the believer must do something that might look silly to others. It is our act of obedience to God, because He said to do it. So the disciples anointed the people in the town were they went, and this definitely was olive oil.Now!I may have missed it,but in all the times Ive watched Benny claim to heal someone Ive never seen him use the oil,and if it is instructed of God to do so, which it is and he does'nt,how can he be true?
I agree about the olive oil statement, but it is not shown as THE ONLY way God can heal. Jesus healed thru servant who was instructed to go home and find his master healed just from Jesus' word alone. Then woman washealed just from touching edge of his clothing, then he touched the dead girl and she got up, he put dust mixed with his spit on eyes on a blind man... All thru out the Bible Jesus showed his inconsistence in healing/miracle methods. That shows us that God does things different ways in different situations. I've seen people get healed without oil, and I've seen people get healed with oil. God will do everything possible to glorify his Son's name. With or without oil. I'm not trying to deny God's command regarding the 'elders of the church and oil'. It is a very valuable verse, but is does not limit us to 'prayer of faith' healing. Oil represents Holy Spirit and sometimes that's all that's requiered for God's power to activate.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
I really do not see the truth of him using oil in the physical sense in scripture.I do see that Christ confirms he cast our demons by the power of the Holy Spirit and that after he rose from the dead, said to the disciples.Luke 24:49 (King James Version) 49.And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.Acts 2:4 (King James Version)4.And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.Acts 2:17-18 (King James Version) 17.And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: 18.And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:The Holy Spirit is the power by which the apostles and the church performed their healings. Peter did not use oil when he healed the man outside the temple who asked for alms. He said in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk. Paul sent hankerchiefs and people healed when they walked in the apostles shadow.Christ said if we believed in him that his disciples would do what he did, they would do even greater things.The difference between those who heal and don't know Christ and those that heal that do know Christ. Is simply this, If you love me you will keep my commandments and I will come to you and reveal myself to you. My Father will love whoever loves me and we shall come to him and make our abode with him. It is simply this, that have never known him because they have never obeyed his commands to love God and others.1 Corinthians 13. If you read it, Paul clearly says without love even giving up your body to be burnt and giving all your belongings to the poor is all for nothing. You cna have every gift and understand all mysteries and speak with the tongues of angels and men. But without love we are nothing.Ephesians 4:20-21 (King James Version)20.But ye have not so learned Christ; 21.If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:1 Corinthians 2:14 (King James Version) 14.But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. I believe it could be folly to teach the oil because the oil in the Old testament was often used to symbolise that God had chosen someone for a particular task.Jesus brings the baptism of the Holy Spirit.Exodus 30:30 (King James Version)30.And thou shalt anoint Aaron and his sons, and consecrate them, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office.Which is therefore the most important sign of having the anointment with oilThat of the outer physcial or the true spiritual anointing of the Holy Spirit?We all need to decide for ourselves.

Tama

Jun 7, 2007
Do you know why Jesus used so many different methods to heal the sick? Because He wanted us to use out faith to heal the sick. He didn't want us to rely on a method or a 'rule of healing'. If the oil could do the trick then why would he require our faith for the healing? When He healed he asked different questions, had different answers, had an individual approach for each of the sick he interracted with. Same with the preacher and pastors these day. They all do it differently from one another. They use their individual strength points for the ministry. Someone's power might come out of close relationship with God, someone else's power might be a passionate prayer at the moment (God hears those too) someone might have a very righteous heart and mind and God listens to those people as well. So, you guys shouldn't think someone's isn't serving God if he isn't serving Him the way you think he should! If someone performs miracles different from what you think the method should be - it doesn't make him wrong.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(Tama;13877)
Do you know why Jesus used so many different methods to heal the sick? Because He wanted us to use out faith to heal the sick. He didn't want us to rely on a method or a 'rule of healing'. If the oil could do the trick then why would he require our faith for the healing? When He healed he asked different questions, had different answers, had an individual approach for each of the sick he interracted with. Same with the preacher and pastors these day. They all do it differently from one another. They use their individual strength points for the ministry. Someone's power might come out of close relationship with God, someone else's power might be a passionate prayer at the moment (God hears those too) someone might have a very righteous heart and mind and God listens to those people as well. So, you guys shouldn't think someone's isn't serving God if he isn't serving Him the way you think he should! If someone performs miracles different from what you think the method should be - it doesn't make him wrong.
I believe Christ met the individuals needs by the ability of their faith to receive.The woman who touched the hem of his gown and was healed immediately. The man who needed his sins forgiven and then was healed.Christ has a heart that sees beyond the physical to the spiritual needs of a person. God knows each one of us, even what we will say before we say it.What I believe Christ offers in the different ways of healing is the truth that no matter how small our faith he can in us bring us to the place to receive what we need when we need it, if we will just trust him.The person who said, Lord I do believe, help my unbelief. And he received healing for his daughter. No matter how hopeless a situation, there is nothing God cannot do if you trust him. The word also say,James 4:11 (King James Version)11.Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.I would not deem to judge the difference because the tares growing with the wheat till harvest.:angel9: Our is to love one another and God.

Alphabet

Jul 15, 2007
No matter what we may "think" of how Benny Hinn demonstrates God's anointing, we must remember that he IS anointed. And, we must remember what God's Word says about His anointed ones . . . 1 Chronicles 16:22 "Do not touch My anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm." Psalm 105:15 "Do not touch My anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm.":pray3: :pray3: :pray3:

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
(Alphabet;13909)
No matter what we may "think" of how Benny Hinn demonstrates God's anointing, we must remember that he IS anointed. And, we must remember what God's Word says about His anointed ones . . . 1 Chronicles 16:22 "Do not touch My anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm." Psalm 105:15 "Do not touch My anointed ones, and do My prophets no harm."
Hi Alphabet,The word also says, Deuteronomy 18:20-22 (King James Version) 20.But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. 21.And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? 22.When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.I have heard on other forums that Benny Hinn has made predictions that never came to pass. That is why I would ask, is he a prophet of is he a healer? Anyone can heal even those who do not know Christ. But the word says Joel 2:28 (King James Version) 28.And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:The gifts which include healing are not just for prophets and we know false prophets are amongst us. The ones whose words come to pass are true prophet. So we can see if he is a prophet or just a healer.:angel9: He believes in Jesus and has confessed this with his mouth.

Alphabet

Jul 15, 2007
(Faithful;13914)
Hi Alphabet,The word also says, Deuteronomy 18:20-22 (King James Version) 20.But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. 21.And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken? 22.When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.I have heard on other forums that Benny Hinn has made predictions that never came to pass. That is why I would ask, is he a prophet of is he a healer? Anyone can heal even those who do not know Christ. But the word says Joel 2:28 (King James Version) 28.And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:The gifts which include healing are not just for prophets and we know false prophets are amongst us. The ones whose words come to pass are true prophet. So we can see if he is a prophet or just a healer.:angel9: He believes in Jesus and has confessed this with his mouth.
Faithful,Yes, you are correct in quoting these scriptures. However, I believe it doesn't matter if he is a prophet or "just a healer" he is still anointed of God, therefore we must respect that. We don't have to like it or even agree with it. What we should do is pray for this man to be what GOD wants him to be.When I have questions about someone's presentation of the anointing God has given them I simply pray for them. I know that is easier said than done, but with God's help all things are possible.