What Do You Say?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person you know of has a completely unrepentant heart and has no hope in Jesus whatsoever? I'm asking this completely out of curiosity due to the recent passings of Larry King and Cloris Leachman.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a person you know of has a completely unrepentant heart and has no hope in Jesus whatsoever? I'm asking this completely out of curiosity due to the recent passings of Larry King and Cloris Leachman.

"You must be born again..." Also, I like to think that God is speaking into their hearts and minds during the last moments of their lives so, we really don't know I guess, if they did, at the last minute...like the thief on the cross, repent?

Reactions: April_Rose

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I had already told them about Jesus and they didn't want to know I would leave it alone knowing the seeds were sown and it was up to God to do the watering.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You must be born again..." Also, I like to think that God is speaking into their hearts and minds during the last moments of their lives so, we really don't know I guess, if they did, at the last minute...like the thief on the cross, repent?

Yes but even so, it's hard for me to think of anybody in Hell. Then again, God doesn't like it either and so that's what the cross was for.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes but even so, it's hard for me to think of anybody in Hell. Then again, God doesn't like it either and so that's what the cross was for.

Yes indeed, that is what the cross was for, but many will take the wide road that leads to destruction and deny the cross because they think they are "good people", which takes away from the cross because they think they are good enough without the ONLY Way, Truth and Life. One cannot have one foot in heaven and one in the world. God doesn't work that way but, He gives so very many opportunities for everyone to accept this gift, I believe, right up to their last breath.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have to keep in mind that God is setting up a kingdom that will last forever, and that He will reign on earth for eternity, and that means that we were called to fight for that kingdom and stand for its truth if we wanted to be a part of it after we died. It is in effect a war, and all men must choose which side of it they were on.

Those who refused to, but instead stood on the sidelines, will have no part in the kingdom of God. They in effect sided with the enemy through their indifference. As a result, they will belong instead to the one who rebelled against God, and convinced men throughout history that they should do likewise.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe that we need to pray that God will reach in and that the Holy Spirit will begin a work in that persons life. None of us know what goes on within a person near to death. Also none of us know how another person truly feels about things they have done wrong, they may seem unrepentant on a human external level, but that doesn’t mean they feel that way when they are alone. I believe that only Jesus / Holy Spirit can bring about repentance. I didn’t realise I was a sinner until the Holy Spirit began to work in my life and that came about through strangers praying for the young mums who were going to attend the church playgroup. I always believed in God but only really classed thieves, murderers ect as sinners.
Some things we have to leave with God, our part is to be ‘in the gap ‘ for others. No one is beyond the Lords reach and he died for the sins of mankind, not just some of the sins of mankind.
Rita