What do You Think About The Laying On Of Hands ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
As Christians we have the authority to heal by the laying on of hands, and yet the power of healing goes forth simply by declaring it, also. A person receives healing by their faith and/or by the faith of the person ministering to the sick.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
The laying on of hands, declaring someone healed by faith, speaking in tongues, and fasting are not used as much as they should. I myself sometimes call the Doctor before seeking God first. I think we forget just how faithful God is to us and His word. Doctor's are a blessing to us and can be used in conjunction with the laying on of hands etc. But it is to God that we should go first. He can do it better anyway.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The laying on of hands, declaring someone healed by faith, speaking in tongues, and fasting are not used as much as they should. I myself sometimes call the Doctor before seeking God first. I think we forget just how faithful God is to us and His word. Doctor's are a blessing to us and can be used in conjunction with the laying on of hands etc. But it is to God that we should go first. He can do it better anyway.

AMEN_TO_THAT.gif

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
If I have a cold, or the flu, or just sick with the crud, I don't bother God about it. Actually, I don't bother anyone about it. Just like having a flat tire. I take care of it.

Somethings are just a part of life.

Now, as far as, serious injuries, or life threatening? I pray about it, but, no laying hands on them. I'm not entirely sure if this is for today either. Seems there would be people actually healing people if it were. I have heard stories, but never seen it.

Frankly, this is one of the subjects that atheists (in particular those on the Whywontgodhealamputees website.). Sadly none of us can come to a complete realization or explaination of any of it. Is it for today? Maybe, maybe not. For those that believe, have you witnessed anything? I'm not talking about praying, then your flu went away the next day, or praying someone with cancer lives, yet goes through the treatments for months then survives.

It is odd to me that many of us believe that God does give us gifts or talents, but, many either are unsure, or don't believe that these are for today.

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
My good friend had a brain tumour, and our church laid hands on her and declared her healed in the name of Jesus and the tumour disappeared. No treatment was required and her doctor was shocked and awed. I have a few healing stories like that. When we understand who we are in Christ and the authority He has given us, we can appropriate our own healing by the grace of God.

;

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praise God!

brodav9

Dec 26, 2011
Sylacauga Al. U.S.A.
For a moment I thought you were talking about lay on hands and fall under the power. In 1990-91 Benny Hinn blasphemed God and said he was a sinner on the cross and became all wicked things. He apologized later, don't know what it was that changed his mind.
That wasn't the issue with me as far as what he did about his blasphemey. The issue was that he was laying on hands and people falling at the same time he was blaspheming. What power was he using.

I was just healed in the teeth last week, God even removed the swollen in the neck. Have been sharing about my past healing with people who were having same problems. The Lord would lead me to different people who had migraines. I would tell them how I was in agony with it a few years ago. One night it was not bareable. God spoke into my spirit something that I acted on. Got on my face and reached out and touched the invisible hem of his garment. instantly it was all gone. He has delivered out of the death bed a few times and once was cut in half and he totally repaired me. He is awesome to be praised.

lately he shows me saying praise the Lord is okay but it is really like saying go get me a pizza. it is the eating of the pizza that matters. when we praise him we should say things like glory to you Lord, bless your wonderful name you are great and wonderful etc. praise the Lord is like a title of what you do, hope you understand me. The pizza example I threw in to explain.
Just to help hallel means praise allel means nothing. Halleluia. We must be sure to do our study as to what we do and how.

One day my Mexican friend laughed at me. What? when you say coka cola to Mexican it means coka bootie. (cola) alabanza Senior means praise the Lord. God bless thank you Jesus our healer.