What do you think this text says about the deity of Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have not already caught on to the fact that bbyrd009 is a saboteur on this Christian forum, I guess you never will.
His views are radical but he is not a saboteur imo....there have been some true saboteurs on this forum and they are no longer here, thank God.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you stick to the verses at hand first, and then explain how you got Christ as being divine from them?

Thanks,

APAK
Indeed and see Moses and his brother, Aaron:

"And the LORD said unto Moses, See, I have made thee a god to Pharaoh: and Aaron thy brother shall be thy prophet." Ex 7:1

Or see Pharaoh words to Joseph, which could also be like unto the Father's words to Jesus:

"Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou." Gen 41:40

Reactions: DNB

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in the Deity of Christ is essential for salvation.

Without this faith a man will die in his sins.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could wish for your sake that I were wrong and you were right; but I know that it is not the case.

Your only hope is to repent and believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ.

Otherwise you will die in your sins.

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

Where does the scripture read that a person must believe that Jesus is God and equal to his Father in order Not to die in his sins? If a man is in error with regard to the nature of God, will he be lost in the end for that reason alone? That people draw different conclusions based on the very same verses of scripture should tell even a reasonable unsaved man something.

Who is supposed to be leading us into all Truth? If we love the Truth without knowing it all clearly are we then lost?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:24 in comparison to Exodus 3:14.

Consider that the Pharisees picked up stones to stone Jesus because He claimed to be God.

John 8:58 w/ Exodus 3:14; John 8:59, John 10:31-33.

I'm certain that there are arguments against the plain view of what these scriptures teach.

I will pray that the Lord demolishes those strongholds in your life.

Reactions: Renniks and marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I assume you are attempting to quote scripture since you are putting your words in italics.
I believe the program for the forum automatically puts words repeated by the quote system in italics.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That can only be a lie.
Or a bit of sarcasm. None of us is ever sarcastic either...
People sometimes speak the truth; and this is true of everyone.
But every man is a liar. God alone is not a liar so when a man never lies then perhaps his tongue, that by man untamable thing, has indeed been tamed:

"For every kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and of things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind:
But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison.

James 3:7-8

"And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;" Mark 16:17

A new tongue, one that may be always under God's control... but no quenching of the Spirit allowed!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing in the Deity of Christ is essential for salvation.

Without this faith a man will die in his sins.
And is this your own gospel? What about what Jesus said here?

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:26

If we believe in Jesus, we shall never die, but who is Jesus? Because another person's understanding of who Jesus is, is not yours, is that person condemned, according you? Is this not the kind of declaration we should avoid regarding the beliefs of another? What does God think about it? We are surely not saved or lost according to our own determined theology, are we?

Do any of us see "face to face" already as per this verse?

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

Because we do not, is that not why Jesus says this?

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." Matt 7:1

Our eyesight [ability to see clearly the whole matter] is less than perfect and therefore we are unable to render a flawlessly correct judgement of another person... and in this regard it is best to remain silent.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecc 3:1
"... a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;" Ecc 3:7

Judge for yourself, if you must, but leave the judgment of others in the hands of those with already perfect vision.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It teaches that Jesus is God, to put it simply.

And this is also an essential for salvation, John 8:24.

See also John 8:58, John 8:59 with John 10:31-33 with these compared to Exodus 3:14.

The Pharisees picked up stones to stone Jesus because He claimed to be God.

The above points are not essential for salvation. These are the only requirements for salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9, Romans 10:13.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are surely not saved or lost according to our own determined theology, are we?

1Ti 4:16, Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." Matt 7:1

Jhn 12:48, He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

We can judge based on the word; we can declare the judgments of the Lord.

Phl 1:9, And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment;

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The above points are not essential for salvation. These are the only requirements for salvation. Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 10:9, Romans 10:13.
Exodus 3:14 John 8:24 unless you believe in the Deity of Christ you will die in your sins.

It is possible to believe in the wrong Jesus, 2 Corinthians 11:3-4.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Codswallop!
You don't have to believe the truth from my perspective; though your salvation depends on it.

Jesus will be your judge, not me.

But if you don't believe the scriptures referenced, ask yourself whether you really believe in Jesus; and also remember John 3:16.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
He was talking to the Pharisees, not to gentile believers. The Pharisees did not believe him and that is why he said what he did...
You don't have to believe the truth from my perspective; though your salvation depends on it.

Jesus will be your judge, not me.

But if you don't believe the scriptures referenced, ask yourself whether you really believe in Jesus; and also remember John 3:16.

My salvation does not depend on your truth or your adding to the salvation message. My salvation depends on the blood of Jesus freely shed for me and others who believe in his redeeming work on the cross.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:24 in comparison to Exodus 3:14.

Consider that the Pharisees picked up stones to stone Jesus because He claimed to be God.

John 8:58 w/ Exodus 3:14; John 8:59, John 10:31-33.

I'm certain that there are arguments against the plain view of what these scriptures teach.

I will pray that the Lord demolishes those strongholds in your life.

"I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins." John 8:24
Who is he?

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

He is the light, while he is here in his own flesh, but then when he is no longer In the world, who is the light?

Here he confirms that he is no longer in the world:
"And now I am no more in the world,..." John 17:11

So where is the light of the world now?

Ye are the light of the world..." Matt 5:14

Is that no you and me? So then does that make us gods or God?

"And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you." Ex 3:14

God:
~yhla 'elohiym (el-o-heem'); Noun Masculine, Strong #: 430

1. (plural)
    1. rulers, judges
    2. divine ones
    3. angels
    4. gods
  2. (plural intensive - singular meaning)
    1. god, goddess
    2. godlike one
    3. works or special possessions of God
    4. the (true) God
    5. God
Who did speak to Moses? Was it God, or gods, or angels? You will perhaps assert that it is God, the Father, but if I or another really believes that it is only an anointed messenger from God, are we lost because it disagrees with you? Are we lost because our understanding differs from yours?