What Do You Think Would Have Happened If...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Stranger said:
In asking that you are acknowledging that the Jews in Israel rejected the Apocrypha. Correct?

Stranger
Stranger,

That's a strange response because it is not what I asked or suggested.

My question was simple: Since when was a condition of being in the canon of the NT dependent on being received by Jews in Israel? There are no twists and turns in this question. I would like to know where it is recorded that Jews of Israel had to receive a book before it was accepted into the NT canon.

My question had nothing to do with the Apocrypha. Don't you understand that the Apocryphal books were originally attached to the Greek OT and I'm asking about the NT canon?

Oz

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OzSpen said:
Stranger,

That's a strange response because it is not what I asked or suggested.

My question was simple: Since when was a condition of being in the canon of the NT dependent on being received by Jews in Israel? There are no twists and turns in this question. I would like to know where it is recorded that Jews of Israel had to receive a book before it was accepted into the NT canon.

My question had nothing to do with the Apocrypha. Don't you understand that the Apocryphal books were originally attached to the Greek OT and I'm asking about the NT canon?

Oz
The Jews of Israel rejected the Apocrypha. That is why their Old Testament today doesn't have it. Your question had everything to do with the Apocrypha because that was what was being discussed and you entered into it.

Stranger

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Stranger said:
The Jews of Israel rejected the Apocrypha. That is why their Old Testament today doesn't have it. Your question had everything to do with the Apocrypha because that was what was being discussed and you entered into it.

Stranger
The Jews of Israel were not the ones who were needed to affirm the books in the canon of the NT.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OzSpen said:
The Jews of Israel were not the ones who were needed to affirm the books in the canon of the NT.
Do you disagree with the list of New Testament books I gave in repely #39?

Stranger

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If Adam and Eve had not sinned and sin never entered the world, the whole world and mother nature would be living in perfect peace, there would be nobody being harmed, no wars and no natural disasters, you would still have signs and wonders from God though, there would also be no fears or worries, the whole world would be singing praises, and making joyful noises, if Adam and Eve had not sinned we could all quite possibly be rolling around cracking up in holy laughter, i think a lot of us would have our heads in the clouds and not on earth, it would look like a very different picture than it does today. Earth would have been like heaven if there wasn't any sin in it.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho said:
If Adam and Eve had not sinned and sin never entered the world, the whole world and mother nature would be living in perfect peace, there would be nobody being harmed, no wars and no natural disasters, you would still have signs and wonders from God though, there would also be no fears or worries, the whole world would be singing praises, and making joyful noises, if Adam and Eve had not sinned we could all quite possibly be rolling around cracking up in holy laughter, i think a lot of us would have our heads in the clouds and not on earth, it would look like a very different picture than it does today. Earth would have been like heaven if there wasn't any sin in it.
Ohhh, yeah that was the OP wasn't it? This should be a hint. Lets get back on topic!

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me be a little more blunt... Bring this back to the OP or the thread will be locked.

Kepha,

I posted the "hint" more than 30 minutes before you posted this last post. If you all want to ignore me, that's fine. But it will get the thread locked.

BA

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Josho said:
Excellent observation Josho. That's a lovely description of the possibility of what could have happened.

But do you know what? God, in his sovereignty of the universe, knew that that would not happen.

We know that God is all-knowing of past, present and future events (omniscient) from passages such as Psalm 139:1-6 (NIV). What about God's knowledge of the future? According to Isa 46:10 (NIV), God has declared, 'I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say, "My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please"'.

There is an excellent brief article on this topic in, If God knew that Adam and Eve would sin, why did He create them? (Got Questions 2002-2016).

That demonstrates the knowledge of God that Adam & Eve would sin and that to speculate about what would happen if they had not sinned is just that - speculation. Nice to think about but it has no traction with reality.

Oz

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This thread has been tidied up as much as possible....I understand that other points can be made form the O/P and suggest that you create another thread with a link posted in here ~ explaining your intention of exploring another avenue of thought that has stemmed from this topic. Please keep to the Original Topic as Born_Again has suggested. Thank you!

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Born_Again said:
Im not done yet, Tom, but I gotta tell ya, its not looking good for you. So far, I can see why these books are not accepted. How you got duped into accepting them is beyond me.... I will be back with more...

And to show you I'm not using anti-Catholic sources to make my conclusions, here is one of the sources I am using. www.usccb.org/

Be back later!!
Still waiting!! :wub:

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tom55 said:
Still waiting!! :wub:
I'll tackle this on a different thread as this thread does not pertain to the subject we were discussing.

kyrie-eleison

Oct 13, 2016
yes we would still be in a Garden (intimate relationship) with God and Jesus (tree of Life). without need to hide our nakedness with ego (animal skins)

Reactions: Born_Again

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Angelina said:
Adam and Eve did not sin... :embarrassed-smiley53: would we still be in Eden???
This is my own attempt to steer the thread back to the topic. Forums have a life of their own, it happens.
I've posted a new thread: Dueterocanonicals: Myths and Facts wiih some starting ideas for discussion.

It can be annoying when you start a thread and it goes all over the place.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Born_Again said:
Im not done yet, Tom, but I gotta tell ya, its not looking good for you. So far, I can see why these books are not accepted. How you got duped into accepting them is beyond me.... I will be back with more...

And to show you I'm not using anti-Catholic sources to make my conclusions, here is one of the sources I am using. www.usccb.org/

Be back later!!
One month later and I am still waiting. ;)

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kepha31 said:
It can be annoying when you start a thread and it goes all over the place.
It can also make the thread more interesting. Sometimes the responses bring up ideas I would never have thought of.

theophilus

Nov 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Angelina said:
Adam and Eve did not sin... :embarrassed-smiley53: would we still be in Eden???
Their sin brought about a negative change in our circumstances. I suspect that if they had resisted the temptation there would have been a positive change which was just as great. C. S. Lewis wrote a novel called Perelandra in which he speculated about what might have happened. In the novel God created a man and woman to start a new race of humans on Venus. Satan sent an agent, a human who was under his control, to tempt them to sin. God sent another man to help them resist the temptation. A large part of the novel consists of the attempts of these two men to influence the Eve of the new race and in the end she made the decision not to sin.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oh, that's sounds like a good book to read.... :huh: Thanks for that theo. Some folks here think that questioning such things are irrelevant but I am glad that someone like CS Lewis did the same kinda thing .