what do you think?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
Recently, when I was praying for repentance, i was praying, and i heard a "thought"- not really a voice- but it said: "must i be blind to see", and i believe that was god talking to me (proposterous as it sounds) but im not really sure if that was a question or not, and it was more like a thought than a voice in my head (very subtle), cuz im sure i didn't really think it but it was there. This was while i was considering accepting christ's leadership, but not really saying i'd put him first, and the thought came...well it was strange and i believe i want to hear god's voice again, but my question is, has this ever happened to you? and what do you think? let me know.

pjsubbie

Jan 26, 2007
canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
several years ago, when i was attending church with my sis-in-law and contemplating the whole "God" thing-- i was sitting in worship, and felt that God told me to quit smoking. i *believed * it to be him, and quit smoking from that moment for two years. and found it so easy. my sis-in-law who was saved said it wasnt really him.but only you know. some will say yea, some nay. let your faith guide you.my two centspj

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
It's never preposterous with God. I aught to slap you for saying that
tongue.gif
. As a new Christian, I get that a lot. But I struggle to decide whether or not it's God or it's me. But with faith, and a clear mind (you've got to pray with a clear mind), it's God. You see, God can speak to you through many ways. And one of the most common ways is through what we call a "conscience".So whenever you're doing something bad, and you feel bad through your conscience, it's not your conscience, it's God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Wakka;13197)
tongue.gif
. As a new Christian, I get that a lot. But I struggle to decide whether or not it's God or it's me. But with faith, and a clear mind (you've got to pray with a clear mind), it's God. You see, God can speak to you through many ways. And one of the most common ways is through what we call a "conscience".So whenever you're doing something bad, and you feel bad through your conscience, it's not your conscience, it's God.
Wakka it absoultley right God often is that little voice in your head ,or your conscience, or if you are going to do something he will often put obstacles in your way to keep you from it. It could be as simple as not being able to find your car keys causing you to leave home 5 min. late an thus saving you from an accident. God is always at work in your life question is are you paying attention?

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
(kriss;13198)
Wakka it absoultley right God often is that little voice in your head ,or your conscience, or if you are going to do something he will often put obstacles in your way to keep you from it. It could be as simple as not being able to find your car keys causing you to leave home 5 min. late an thus saving you from an accident. God is always at work in your life question is are you paying attention?
My friend lost his car keys in my last bible study. We spent a whole hour and a half searching for them. We tore up the host's house. However, the host did find some of his missing items
biggrin.gif
. He found his credit card on the edge of the deck below the rail. Just waiting to fall down. And it's his business credit card with 600 something thousand dollars in it. And he also found his lost flash light.We eventually found the car keys under a stack of Bibles. Don't know why we didn't look under it... It was right under our noses.

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
(Wakka;13197)
tongue.gif
haha.."*scratches head* ooohh i see..yes, then, i believe it was him, and i am definately trying to increase my faith through what i heard..thanx a lot y'all

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
When you think about poetboy humans are the only animals with an conscienceit gives us compasion,an inate sense of right and wrong, this is the holy spirit of God at work in all of us you were just given free will as to whether or not you follow it or listen to it. Animals don't feel guilt if they kill another animal they have no conscience no little voice inside that tells them right from wrong. No desire to seek and find the source of this little voice we all hear.God is already in all of us. We just need to choose to hear and see/understand him. The more we do this the stroger the spirit grows.Its really much like any relationship. The more we get to know another person the more we grow to love them the stronger the bond between us is It is the same with God. The more we get know and our Father the stronger the bonds, the louder the voice.The more you see him at work in your life.

jodycour

Jun 4, 2007
Natchitoches, La
If you really want to learn to hear God's voice, read the Bible from cover to cover. You get a better understanding about how God thinks and does things. Then you won't be decieved when satan tries to speak to you.You'll also begin to tell when it's your thought or God's voice. Because by reading your Bible you begin to understand the character of God and it helps you to build a relationship with Him!

brotherbernard

Jul 11, 2007
You know, as I see it at this point in my journey, the self talk that goes on between our ears comes from at least two sources - the Spirit of Christ and our sinful nature, i.e., "the old man of sin". For years I believed that God would speak to me audibly and so I waited and waited and waited. Yes, there were times when very strong impressions prompted my thinking in one direction or another, but I never once "heard" an audible voice - not once. Recently, I was trying to focus on how God's Spirit speaks to Christians and I was reminded of a passage in one of the gospels. Jesus was asking His disciples what they thought of Him and asked them who they thought He was. Well, hopefully you have read the passage in question and are familiar with some of their answers. However, I want to focus on how Jesus responded to Peter's answer. Peter said that he believed that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Wow! That still gives me goose bumps. Anyway, Jesus then said to Peter, man has not revealed this to you, but my Father in Heaven has revealed this to you (more goose bumps).It then occurred to me that Peter did not know this within himself or by himself. Otherwise, why did Jesus have to reveal to him its true source? I needed to follow this up, so I played with the idea and tried to imagine myself in Peter's shoes (no pun intended). How would I experience this idea about Jesus and not recognize it as coming directly from the Father? The only thing that I could come up with, is that I would probably exerperience it as "self talk" - as part of my own thinking process! But Jesus said it didn't come as a result of my own thinking, it came directly from the Father! That is important, that is incredibly awesome!OK, so, here is where I am going with all of this - stay with me. I believe that since Pentecost, with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit, self-thought that is spiritual in nature (and especially thoughts that focus on Christ) come from the Spirit of Christ. Against this, fighting feverishly, are the self-thoughts, urgings, and physical feelings that find their origin in my sinful nature. So, here within me, between my ears, there is a battle of self-talk going on - spiritual thoughts on one side and carnal thoughts on the other - and it feels like its all me. Now I know that since there is nothing good within me - according to scriptures, and since I am incapable of generating by myself, thoughts of a spiritual nature, what I experience as good and spiritual self-talk is actually the Spirit of Christ speaking to me and urging me to follow. Oh blessed thought! I am not alone, He didn't leave me. He was here all along. I just thought that it was me speaking good and spiritual thoughts to myself. Imagine, every spiritual teaching about Jesus (to refer to Christ's own words) is not something self-revealed or thought up, they all come from my Father in Heaven. Wow! I still have goose bumps! Think on this for awhile and see what you come up with.Christ plus nothing,Brother Bernard

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
^^brother bernard, that was actually the most relevant, and inspiring reply i've heard to describe my situation..thanks a lot