What does born again mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend I know nothing about Luther, my own faith is based on the early first century Church described in Acts who met together informally in homes. I don't follow a particular doctrine or tradition I follow a man; the Master, the Good Shepherd whose name is Jesus.

I can do that without the trappings of religion because Jesus has set me free of all that sort of stuff. I believe you can have this relationship with Jesus whatever church background you belong to but first you need to be spiritually renewed in the ways I have previously set before you. That is vital - because without that people are just church goers but not Christians although they may sincerely believe in God and in the virgin birth etc and have received infant baptism as you yourself have.

Once we have been renewed in this way we have a wonderful story to tell, which will continue throughout our lives to the very end.

only the sacraments can renew
Without religion and rituals there is no new covenant

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
only the sacraments can renew
Without religion and rituals there is no new covenant
Oh, friend, how sad your reply makes me. I pray that God will hear the prays of a faithful woman and set you free from your slavery to religion and bring you into the freedom and light that Jesus gives.

Please can I also ask anybody else who has been engaging with theefaith to also pray with me.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We read of a gentile man named cornelious . It is made mention that he prayed to GOD Always .
That he did many good works and gave much alms to the people .
But what is missed by todays all inclusive generation , which claims that all religions are saved by love and good works , is the fact
that this pious man cornelious did much good . That in fact even prayed to GOD always . Did give much alms to the poor ,
YET apparently HE had to come to saving FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST in order to be SAVED .
Let that be a thorn in the side of todays false social all inclusive gospel .
IF even cornelious who prayed to the ONE TRUE GOD , the GOD of the jews and who did always pray to HIM
and did many good alms to the poor had to hear the gospel and believe in order to be saved ,
what makes us think other religoins who might do much good can be saved by doing good , WHEN EVEN CORNELIOIUS had to COME to saving FAITH IN JESUS to be saved .
Notice GOD KNEW CORNELIOUS NEEDED to BELIEVE IN JESUS , And GOD set it all up by the hearing of the GOSPEL in order TO be saved .
So again why does this all inclusive generation rage against the witnessing of said gospel .
Paul made it clear how GOD intends to save . BY the hearing of the gospel .
Cornelious , man who did much good , who worshipped and prayed to THE GOD , THE GOD pointed HIM TO FAITH IN JESUS .
So how come todays love god seems to be shutting down the gospel and making claims that GOD is love and all can be saved if they do good works . THAT is because
todays version of love is false . Todays love god is none other than the god , the one , who always desired to be as GOD and cannot set the captives free .
That is correct its that ol serpent called the devil at work . And most are buying this lie already .
Cornelious . A man who did much good , a man who prayed always TO THE GOD , Could only be saved BY FAITH IN JESUS .
NOW how black and white is that .
Lets also examine the love that comes FROM GOD . For GOD so LOVED the WORLD that HE SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON
that whosoever BELIEVES IN HIM , shall be saved .
Todays love says , THAT AINT NECESSARY , that instead all anyone , any false religoin has to do is have love and that will save them .
ONLY that dont sound like the LOVE of GOD which says WHO SO EVER BELIEVES WILL be saved . NO , it sounds like something that someone
who hates mankind would sell to the world in order to ensure that all who believed that lie would be condemned the same AS HE ALREADY IS . Satan is a liar
and so are his all inclusive social gospel co workers who both preach another jesus and another gospel . AND IT DONT SAVE ANYONE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, friend, how sad your reply makes me. I pray that God will hear the prays of a faithful woman and set you free from your slavery to religion and bring you into the freedom and light that Jesus gives.

Please can I also ask anybody else who has been engaging with theefaith to also pray with me.
Yes i will be praying this as well .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
But what is missed by todays all inclusive generation , which claims that all religions are saved by love and good works , is the fact
that this pious man cornelious did much good . That in fact even prayed to GOD always . Did give much alms to the poor ,

Good post @amigo de christo. I have been thinking lately that there is a big difference between piety and holiness. In the bible we are exhorted to be holy but never are we required to be pious.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good post @amigo de christo. I have been thinking latel that there is a big difference between piety and holiness. In the bible we are exhorted to be holy but never are we required to be pious.
Its real simple . Believe in the Lord JESUS . And let us learn our bibles well . There are far too many
who have lost the true simplicity in Christ , if ever they had it .
Let us love every word HE ever taught , being hearers and doers of the glorious word . learning the pure examples found in the bible well .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Its real simple . Believe in the Lord JESUS . And let us learn our bibles well . There are far too many
who have lost the true simplicity in Christ , if ever they had it .
Let us love every word HE ever taught , being hearers and doers of the glorious word . learning the pure examples found in the bible well .

We don't degrees or any other qualifications, it's as simple as Jesus himself made it when he called the fishermen to follow him. But I think some folk prefer to follow the fisherman rather than Jesus.
THE CALL

When Jesus called the brothers, who were fishing by the sea,
He said to them “Come leave your nets, come now, and follow me”
The fishermen, they went with him, they followed where he trod.
He led them on toward the light, and talked to them of God.
“I am the Son of Man” said he “come down to earth for you,
In order that you might believe, and so be born anew”
Jesus gave them nets of truth to cast forth before all men:
That all who heard the Saviour’s word should be born again.
Come then, be like the brothers, and follow where he leads.
Let’s leave behind our nets of hatred, bitterness and greed.
Just like those old time fishermen, let’s take up nets of love,
To cast down before our brothers, that they, too, may know God’s love.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't degrees or any other qualifications, it's as simple as Jesus himself made it when he called the fishermen to follow him. But I think some folk prefer to follow the fisherman rather than Jesus.
THE CALL

When Jesus called the brothers, who were fishing by the sea,
He said to them “Come leave your nets, come now, and follow me”
The fishermen, they went with him, they followed where he trod.
He led them on toward the light, and talked to them of God.
“I am the Son of Man” said he “come down to earth for you,
In order that you might believe, and so be born anew”
Jesus gave them nets of truth to cast forth before all men:
That all who heard the Saviour’s word should be born again.
Come then, be like the brothers, and follow where he leads.
Let’s leave behind our nets of hatred, bitterness and greed.
Just like those old time fishermen, let’s take up nets of love,
To cast down before our brothers, that they, too, may know God’s love.
My sheep hear my voice and they follow me . The voice of strangers they heed not for they know not the voice
of a stranger .
A lamb loves truth , the glorious truth of every word of our glorious Lord . And anything contrary , the contrary traditions of men
they HEED NOT . Only Christ , only truth , only the Spirit. And they feast on those bibles with joy .

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If I wanted to play baseball, first I must know what the rules are, it’s not a free for all, make it up as you go along, God establishes a new covenant on certain requirements

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
try intellect and will

Yes Faith, those are His qualities as well. He has many attributes attributed to Him, and humans being made in His image display His varied qualities at times. That is what truly distinguishes us from the animal creation.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I wanted to play baseball, first I must know what the rules are, it’s not a free for all, make it up as you go along, God establishes a new covenant on certain requirements
Yes God requires that we 'receive' Jesus, in other words invite him into out lives. Let's not just assume that because we know a lot about him we really know him as he requires us to know him in a personal way just as we would get to know anybody we invited into our lives and homes.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes God requires that we 'receive' Jesus, in other words invite him into out lives. Let's not just assume that because we know a lot about him we really know him as he requires us to know him in a personal way just as we would get to know anybody we invited into our lives and homes.

do we have to put on Christ?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no such thing in the Christian language as spiritual baptism
The fire is not literal but the love of God

the Christian ritual of baptism is required for membership in Christ and his new covenant church

What about people who believe at the last moment such as the thief on the cross? Jesus said "today(!) you will be with me in paradise". Luke 23:43 And of course there are many others who believed and were saved with no opportunity to be baptized (battlefield soldiers, terminally ill people, etc.)?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unrelated to the question. Try reading john 3.

per Jn 1:29 Christ is the redeemer of the world

Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

(Redemption is not Salvation)
Rom 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: