What does born again mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, because once we do the inviting he himself does the putting on or coming in.

not scripture

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
not scripture

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Okay, sorry I forgot that scripture, thank you for bringing it to my attention.
for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Instead of asking the question though I wish you had just pointed it out.
So I have clothed myself with Christ - my choice. Do you know any other scriptures that say that?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about people who believe at the last moment such as the thief on the cross? Jesus said "today(!) you will be with me in paradise". Luke 23:43 And of course there are many others who believed and were saved with no opportunity to be baptized (battlefield soldiers, terminally ill people, etc.)?

the thief was before the new covenant
Heb 9:16

if it’s not possible then it’s not required

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, sorry I forgot that scripture, thank you for bringing it to my attention.
for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Instead of asking the question though I wish you had just pointed it out.
So I have clothed myself with Christ - my choice. Do you know any other scriptures that say that?

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

God breathed life into Adam, gen 2:7 and we received this life from our fathers!

Christ breathed on the apostles our spiritual fathers, we receive the new covenant life of God’s grace from them thru faith & baptism! Jn 20:21-23 Mk 16:16 acts 8:36-38

Born again! Born from above!

'The Father has set his seal' on Christ (John 6:27) and also seals us in him (cf. 2 Corinthians 1:22; Ephesians 1:23, 4:30). Because this seal indicates the indelible effect of the anointing with the Holy Spirit in the sacrament of Baptism,

Baptism indeed is the seal of eternal life." 87 The faithful Christian who I has "kept the seal" until the end, remaining faithful to the demands of his Baptism, will be able to depart this life "marked with the sign of faith," 88 with his baptismal faith, in expectation of the blessed vision of God - the consummation of faith - and in the hope of resurrection.

St. Paul tells the faithful at Ephesus that they have been “sealed with the promised Holy Spirit.” This is in terms of an indelible character imprinted on the soul in the sacraments of baptism and confirmation. It is not as if this invisible mark is simply decorative. Rather, through it, we are enabled to participate in Christ’s mission and in his offices of priest, prophet, and king. Eph 1:13

Sealed by God eph 1:13 sealed by God (ez 36:25-27) in the ark of salvation by baptism just as Noah was sealed by God in the ark of the flood gen 7:16

1 Pet 3:20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark of Noah none were saved, outside the church (the ark of salvation) none are saved!)

Sealed in the ark, sealed in the church the ark of salvation by baptism!

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
per Jn 1:29 Christ is the redeemer of the world

Bla, bla, bla

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Standard Roman Catholic meaningless, out of context, and heavily "adjusted" theological BS.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is it that sacraments, or the Eucharist, or the Mass or calling communion, "holy" communion is found in the scripture?
Well, since the Eucharist IS what He said it IS (this IS my body) then it IS holy. Right? Or do you not believe what He said?

How can you eat it in an unworthy manner and NOT be guilty if it is not holy? (Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.)

Did you know that manna was kept in the Ark of the Covenant? Do you know the significance of the Ark of the Covenant?

“Very truly, I tell you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven. 33 For the bread of God is that which comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” 34 They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always. ”This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.” Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. I am the living bread which came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is My flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world.”

The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ?
The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ? It seems YOUR answer to that question from Paul is, 'NO, it is not the communion in the body of Christ.'

So I ask you: how does Christ4Me eat His body like he told you to do?

Curious Mary