What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can red the Bible 24/7 but that does not necessarily mean that you correctly interpret scripture.

So I’m guessing zero (0) minutes…

And yet you choose to battle with a seasoned veteran…

Get to reading.

I need a worthy challenger…

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can red the Bible 24/7 but that does not necessarily mean that you correctly interpret scripture.

And in what other setting does a person become expert in any profession who does not constantly train and work in it daily?

So YOU can correctly interpret scripture without reading it often???

That’s ridiculous @mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And in what other setting does a person become expert in any profession who does not constantly train and work in it daily?

So YOU can correctly interpret scripture without reading it often???

That’s ridiculous @mailmandan
Ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. (2 Timothy 3:7)

Reactions: RLT63

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

I’m still adding time to my Bible reading.

I found this nugget while reading:

“In those days, and in that time, saith the LORD, the iniquity of Israel shall be sought for, and there shall be none; and the sins of Judah, and they shall not be found: for I will pardon them whom I reserve.” (Jeremiah 50:20)

But men like @mailmandan will find them I guess…

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@mailmandan

I’m up to 55 minutes of Bible reading…

Pick up your Bible and read brother.

Hearing God’s word is a start to ceasing from sin:

“But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.” (Jeremiah 23:22)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep bragging and I'll keep reading.

What’s the harm in motivating each other?

Why can’t you say how much time you been reading so far today?

I’m not bragging. But sometimes I feel the need to provide a defense for the attacks I get from this place.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is on Earth that has been born again and is now incapable of sin?
Being born again does not mean that we are incapable of ever sinning again at all, but that will become a reality once we receive our glorified bodies.

See post #312 from the link below:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s the harm in motivating each other?

Why can’t you say how much time you been reading so far today?

I’m not bragging. But sometimes I feel the need to provide a defense for the attacks I get from this place.
There is no harm in motivating each other and you dish out plenty of attacks yourself. Some days I read the Bible more than other days, depending on my schedule and I strive to keep up with reading the entire Bible in a year.

Reactions: RLT63

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you dish out plenty of attacks yourself

If you observe my interactions with others you will see that I only respond in kind.

I strive to keep up with reading the entire Bible in a year.

Amen!

I’m up to 68 minutes so far today.

I’m able to get in 3 complete Bible readings a year at minimal.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“Whosoever is born of God

YES...

"born of God", is not "born of your mother"....is it reader?

What is BORN of God?

What is BORN AGAIN.....of God?

Jesus said YOU, must be born again, and that is not your body as its already BORN, isn't it?
Notice Reader..... that Christ is talking about the real "YOU", and that is not your earth suit.
Your earth suit is headed to the Grave, but the real YOU< is not.
The real "YOU" is headed into eternity after your body dies.
See that?

So....What is Born into the Spirt of God by the Holy Spirit ???.....(and not by water, as the heretics teach).

Its not our body, and its not our mind.

Its our SPIRIT., as our Spirit is the real "YOU", that is eternal, and must be "born again" to join God, Spiritually,

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Being born again does not mean that we are incapable of ever sinning again at all, but that will become a reality once we receive our glorified bodies.

See post #312 from the link below:

....become a reality???? This, of course, is a denial of the power of the cross to work in us at the present time. You speak in circles as so many here...claiming one thing and then another...with no consistency. So either you agree with Patrick that being born again is for a future age...where there is no sin...OR...you agree with the gospel that gives us the grace OVER sin as we enter INTO Christ right now.

All religious speculations or unbelief aside.

It only takes a human religious belief to agree with no sin in a future age. But it takes an actual faith that is in Christ to walk as Jesus walked (without sin) today.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m up to 68 minutes so far today.

I’m able to get in 3 complete Bible readings a year at minimal.
It's not all about how much you read but how much are you digesting what you read and how are you applying it in the Christian life. When I was a new believer, I read the Old Testament twice and the New Testament eight times in the first year as a new Christian. I was very hungry for the word, still had much to learn and could not get enough.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not all about how much you read but how much are you digesting what you read and how are you applying it in the Christian life. When I was a new believer, I read the Old Testament twice and the New Testament eight times in the first year as a new Christian. I was very hungry for the word, still had much to learn and could not get enough.
One one said, the faithful Christian THIRSTS for the word of God!

Reactions: mailmandan

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Let me show you where i would take you the first day you are in my Class.

Romans 3:21-28.

This, you have to Master.... the first month of your Salvation, along with Hebrews 13:9 .
These are a must., as these 2 are the Armor of God
-

Paul Teaching.....Romans 3

21 But now the righteousness of God = without the law.....(The Cross of Christ).... is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22 Even the righteousness of God which is BY FAITH of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that BELIEVE: for there is no difference:

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified FREELY.... by God's Grace = through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (The Cross of Christ).

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through FAITH in Christ's BLOOD, to declare HIS righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time HIS righteousness: that God might be just, and the justifier of ALL which believe in Jesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the LAW of FAITH.

28 Therefore We CONCLUDE that a person is Justified by FAITH... without the deeds of the law. (That is law, commandments and self effort, and water baptism).

And Hebrews 13:9

Study it.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was a new believer, I read the Old Testament twice and the New Testament eight times in the first year as a new Christian.

“…thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works...” (Revelation 2:4-5)

I was very hungry for the word

Get hungry again!!

still had much to learn and could not get enough.

No way.

All learning a man needs is in the holy scriptures!

“And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them” (Deuteronomy 17:19)

O brother, get back to reading with hunger!

Reactions: amigo de christo

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…thou hast left thy first love. Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works...” (Revelation 2:4-5)

Get hungry again!!

No way.

All learning a man needs is in the holy scriptures!

“And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them” (Deuteronomy 17:19)

O brother, get back to reading with hunger!
Never said I have fallen and needed to repent or stopped reading with hunger. That's your straw man argument. I focus more on going deeper in the word (meat) now and applying the word in my life than just simply reading the word for multiple hours at a time (milk) as a new believer.

Reactions: Keturah and Nancy
Status
Not open for further replies.