What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I’m guessing zero (0) minutes…

And yet you choose to battle with a seasoned veteran…

Get to reading.

I need a worthy challenger…
Beware my friend that you become not haughty or highminded .
Let us continue to read often and daily the bible . But the only reason we know as we know is FROM GOD .
Stay glued in the bible but be careful not to let knoweldge go to our head . Just continue to teach the truth .
Be encouraged my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you observe my interactions with others you will see that I only respond in kind.

Amen!

I’m up to 68 minutes so far today.

I’m able to get in 3 complete Bible readings a year at minimal.
Stay in that bible . Men are deceiving and have decieved the heck out of so many churches . STAY IN IT . And let us praise
and thank the LORD .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never said I have fallen and needed to repent or stopped reading with hunger. That's your straw man argument. I focus more on going deeper in the word (meat) now and applying the word in my life than just simply reading the word for multiple hours at a time (milk) as a new believer.
The prideful response of the one who imagines their own greatness assumes the other's debasement. It just reveals what's in the heart.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not all about how much you read but how much are you digesting what you read and how are you applying it in the Christian life. When I was a new believer, I read the Old Testament twice and the New Testament eight times in the first year as a new Christian. I was very hungry for the word, still had much to learn and could not get enough.
RETURN TO THE FEAST . By the grace of GOD and by HIS grace alone
He has had me in the bible since day one . Hours upon hours daily and it never gets old or weary .
Some days were up to eight hours . That is almost seventeen years ago .
LEARN the pattern well . STAY refreshed in it , stay stirred up in it . I now also get to do quite a few bible
reads daily with others . STAY IN IT , RETURN TO IT . THIS age is decieving the peoples BIG TIME .

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prideful response of the one who imagines their own greatness assumes the other's debasement. It just reveals what's in the heart.

Much love!
I already reminded him . Instead of JUDGING those some dont like , WHY not just reach out and remind that person .
I see a huge problem with this geneartion . THEY ARE BIG TIME to OVERLOOK the faults within their friends
and the sins within the church . BUT THE FIRST MOMENT one slips up that they hate or despise , they EAT HIM UP .
BACK TO BIBLES . I DOUBLE DOWN on that reminder . THESE CHURCHES ARE DECIEVING THE HECK OUT of people .
GO back into the bible and read it as though YOU LOVE IT . and stay in it my friend . STAY IN IT DAILY .
Be encouraged now . BUT we need more folks REMINDING these people to GET back IN THEIR BIBLES .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
I am sending you all a video . These false unity we are one all inclusive religoin is taking hold of many .
The true lambs must contend for the true faith , expose the lie and point ONLY TO JESUS and all bibical sound docrtrine .
Too many are fast headed right down this other road . OH my , MARK ITS A MONSTER AND ITS PATH IS SO WIDE
SO VERY WIDE and it hollers a false love . We must stand now and contend more than ever for the true faith
all of JESUS and HIS teachings all holy reminders the apostels left us as well . many aint gonna make it mark .
This monster has morphed . I have by the grace of GOD been at war with it for long , long time .
I know folks must have thought i was nuts because i was always for years warning against it .
BUT MARK ITS TAKEN DEEP ROOT and THE RELIGOIN To unite all under a lie IS BIG TIME TAKING HOLD NOW .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
THIS IS and will BECOME THE LAW of the land as all religoins and secular unite under it .
LOOK at its commericals mark . I TOLD US what this was all about
they are molding a religoin , a mindset that will include all , TO DO WHAT , THE WILL OF A ONE WORLD GOVT .
LOOK AT IT . LOOK at their own words . THIS stuff is starting to get pumped in by news channels too .
ITS ALL AN AGENDA . Its the religoin of the dragon under a false love to unite all to be as one under the beast . THAT IS ALL THIS IS .

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
reading the word for multiple hours at a time (milk)

Nah.

That’s not milk.

It’s shows who’s disciple you are indeed!

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32)

Going outside to commentaries and study books is junk food: not even worthy of being called “milk”.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beware my friend that you become not haughty or highminded

I realize that my posts may come off in a highminded way, but the intention is to provoke others to get in the word.

That’s my mission.

“If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.” (Romans 11:14)

I’m not ashamed to brag about Bible reading.

If they are going to brag about their commentary teachers and their sin, I’m going to “brag” about holiness and reading the word of God (if bragging is how I come off).

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Boy, nothing but discouragers of reading the Bible around here…

But if I start posting commentaries and saying I sin every day the “amens” and good reactions come.

I can make many friends that way I suppose…

Thanks @marks

If I wasn’t strong in the Lord you might persuade me to stop reading the Bible and letting my guard down on sin.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not all about how much you read but how much are you digesting what you read and how are you applying it in the Christian life. When I was a new believer, I read the Old Testament twice and the New Testament eight times in the first year as a new Christian. I was very hungry for the word, still had much to learn and could not get enough.
Sometimes my "reading sessions" only take in a few verses here, and a few verses there, and God speaks to me deeply in them.

I believe in reading to cover large amounts of the Bible at a time. I believe in reading the Bible sufficiently to get the flow through it all. To be able to have the sense of each part. The more we can take in the whole of a passage, a book, the Book, the more understanding we will have.

We all have our own relationship with God, and our own manner in which God is teaching and training us. So I don't really believe in comparing. The other night in my reading time, I could have read a number of chapters, instead, I read a couple of verses in this place, and a couple in that place, and I thought about a few verses in a few other places. In the meditation, the Lord spoke very deeply to my heart. That night, it wasn't about how much material I can cover, it was to read so slowly that I could hear His voice to me in that moment.

Not to hear from Him, but to hear Him. Sometimes it's about reading a section, sometimes it's not, I don't try to predict, only be quiet enough to be able to follow.

On the theme of the thread, what does it mean to be born again, this is part of what it means to me. All of our children are different, and I think the same is true for all of God's children. And His relationship with each of us is unique. And every day His mercies are new.

Being born again means that we are God's children with a relationship with Him that is private, special, unique, companionable, transformational.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can make many friends that way I suppose…

Thanks @marks
I'm not sure I understand what your point was there. I think we need to get enough of the Bible into us that it becomes the way our minds think. Read it until you learn it. And it's pretty deep, I don't think any of us have finished learning it, so I don't think any of us should stop reading it.

But maybe you were being sarcastic about something. Sometimes that stuff gets lost on me, or I'll only get it later.

Much love!

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean to be born again? Are we God's favourites without responsibility? Or are we become the people of God equivalent to the Jews?...and with the same risk of being cut off for lack of bearing the right kind of fruit?
Hey, great picture of you on the video!

Most consider the idea of being "born again" from way down in the weeds of this world and get confused with the details (where the devil resides)...rather than at the core of God.

A better understanding comes from understanding that "the One new man" that all of scripture comes to in the end, was once the one old man.

The same One new man that all men in effect fold into in the end, is first simply unfolded...and just like "the Lamb slain before the foundation of the world", before unfolding He was One. The matter, therefore, is simpler to understand within the One. The fact that the One then is unfolded or born of water, again and again and again as if piece by piece, is the point of confusion--which it need not be. On the contrary, each piece or part of the One being born to be as it were, their own person, simply makes it personal to all who are involved, all who are "in Christ", the One.

Jesus' announcement of the need to be born again, is simply an announcement of a "do over." Kind of, but not really. You see, the first man, was not really a "do" that we must "do over"--but, just as it is written the first man was an "image." Then came God's announcement saying, "And now, lest he put out his hand and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”— In other words, Jesus' announcement was an announcement of the fact that we were actually not first born of life, but born unto death, even as a mere "image" of life--a preview--which could only and actually come by being born [again] of the spirit of God. Without which...it's just a horror movie, and the revealing of the man of sin.

Last edited:

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read it until you learn it

Read it every day, over and over.

“…he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them” (Deuteronomy 17:19)

It’s the only full proof way to prevent heretical teaching from sneaking in…

I don't think any of us have finished learning it

You do finish learning.

But you continue reading the Bible to be perfect and thoroughly versed in it and swiftly prepared to answer false teachings.

“…He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.” (2 Corinthians 9:6)

• Love

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why are you asking me this?

Because of your post here:

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah.

That’s not milk.

It’s shows who’s disciple you are indeed!

“Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:31-32)

Going outside to commentaries and study books is junk food: not even worthy of being called “milk”.
You are a spin doctor and a deceiver. You really need to examine yourself. (2 Corinthians 13:5)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.