What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What does it mean to be born again? Are we God's favourites without responsibility? Or are we become the people of God equivalent to the Jews?...and with the same risk of being cut off for lack of bearing the right kind of fruit?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we God's favourites without responsibility
We've become His children. It's not a "servant/master" relationship.

Do you have children? I have a son. No matter what happens in life, no matter what he does, he remains my son, sharing my nature - according to the flesh. He will never not be my son - according to the flesh, and will never cease to bear my nature in himself, being my son. Even when he is dead and buried he will rot in the grave just like I will - according to the flesh.

God has children. His children share His nature.

I know He won't leave my soul in the grave, just as He didn't allow His Holy One to see corruption.

The New Covenant is built on better promises. No, absolutely not, we are not equal to the Israelites come out of Egypt. No one was born again - baptized into Christ's death - before His death.

We can discuss this if you wish.

Much love!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What does it mean to be born again? Are we God's favourites without responsibility? Or are we become the people of God equivalent to the Jews?...and with the same risk of being cut off for lack of bearing the right kind of fruit?

As Self DEFINED by your Video and subsequent comments...

Another Legalist demands that the Cross obey your works.
Another Legalist stands up and demands to be counted, refusing to believe that CHRIST'S blood and Death Isn't God's final answer regarding HIS Salvation.
Another Legalist shows us exactly what Galatians 1:8 looks like in a Video.

2 Corinthians 11:15 is up and running, once again.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s a lot of time spent discussing such a simple concept that is thoroughly explained in scripture friend.
And the scriptures LIE NOT . though many do try and twist the scrips unto false agendas that end in perditoin of ungodly men .
The TRUTH shall set one free . But the lies of men offers only a freedom IN BONDAGE which sets none free
but rather giveth the illusion of a delusion that we are free to SIN . So allow me some parting words .
WE ARE THE SERVANTS OF WHOM WE OBEY . That TRUTH will not fade away , IT IS TRUTH and shall REMAIN TRUTH .
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE SHALL SERVE , WHOM YE SHALL OBEY
whether it be the gods and this other version of jesus , OR THE GOD AND HIS CHRIST JESUS OF THE BIBLE .
As for the lambs WE CHOOSE THE ONE IN THAT BIBLE . Men will do as men will do
men will twist as men do twist , but lambs shall DO as JESUS SAID TO DO and will not twist scriptures
but rather OBEY THEM from the heart . LIFT THOSE HANDS AND LET ALL WHO NAME THE NAME OF JESUS
DEPART FROM INQUITY . as i am SURE YOU DO AGREE .

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's unclear to me if being born again happens to us in this life or if it happens after we die and are "born again" into the spiritual realm.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be born again (John 3:3) means to be born from above, to be spiritually reborn. When we are born again, the Holy Spirit begets new life and through the great and precious promises listed in (2 Peter 1:1-3), we may be "partakers of the divine nature." (2 Peter 1:4) The new birth is brought to pass through "incorruptible seed, by the word of God, which lives and abides forever." (I Peter 1:23)

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be born again (John 3:3) means to be born from above, to be spiritually reborn. When we are born again, the Holy Spirit begets new life and through the great and precious promises listed in (2 Peter 1:1-3), we may be "partakers of the divine nature." (2 Peter 1:4) The new birth is brought to pass through "incorruptible seed, by the word of God, which lives and abides forever." (I Peter 1:23)

Thanks. My question is this; are we "born again" in this life or in the next?

• Sad
Reactions: VCO

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you but, how do you know, please?
1 Peter 1:23 - "having been" born again.. is past tense with ongoing present results.
Romans 5:1 - "..having been" justified by faith.. is also present tense with ongoing present results.

1 John 3:10 - No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

That is certainly in this life.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Peter 1:23 - "having been" born again.. is past tense with ongoing present results.
Romans 5:1 - "..having been" justified by faith.. is also present tense with ongoing present results.

1 John 3:10 - No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. 10 By this the children of God and the children of the devil are obvious: anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor the one who does not love his brother.

That is certainly in this life.

Who is on Earth that has been born again and is now incapable of sin?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is on Earth that has been born again and is now incapable of sin?

“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:9-10)

The most perverted passages by sinful men…

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.” (1 John 3:9-10)

The most perverted passages by sinful men…
That last statement is the epitome of IRONY.

Status
Not open for further replies.