What does it mean To become a minister of All?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“After they arrived at Capernaum and settled in a house, Jesus asked his disciples, “What were you discussing out on the road?”

But they didn’t answer, because they had been arguing about which of them was the greatest.

He sat down, called the twelve disciples over to him, and said, “

Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else.”

Then he put a little child among them.

Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, “Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭9:33-37‬ ‭NLT‬‬

If anyone would like to share, please do.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I add John 13:12-15?

12 Then, when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done for you? 13 You call Me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord’; and you are correct, for so I am. 14 So if I, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I gave you an example, so that you also would do just as I did for you.

If only it were so.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I add John 13:12-15?

12 Then, when He had washed their feet, and taken His garments and reclined at the table again, He said to them, “Do you know what I have done for you? 13 You call Me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord’; and you are correct, for so I am. 14 So if I, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I gave you an example, so that you also would do just as I did for you.

If only it were so.

Compassion, gentle, lowly, humble, honest and direct, Jesus was showing us how them how to act towards others. This may not be always possibly online, or sometimes in real life, but it is with those who are Christians. Who desire to do what God had said and to allow those attributes to be done by the spirit in allowing God to work on our hearts and minds, having faith, trusting Jesus and the Gospel of Christ.

That goodness Jesus was showing them came from God himself by and through the Holy Spirit of God within him, I believe.

Lambano, wouldn’t you say it is the same way for us? That goodness comes God when someone is merciful to another human being?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Lambano I haven’t read 2 Corinthians in a long time. This I desired to share with you.

“Are we beginning to praise ourselves again?

Are we like others, who need to bring you letters of recommendation, or who ask you to write such letters on their behalf?

Surely not! The only letter of recommendation we need is you yourselves.

Your lives are a letter written in our hearts; everyone can read it and recognize our good work among you. (To the Corinthians then at the time)

Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you.

This “letter” is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God.

It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts.

We are confident of all this because of our great trust in God through Christ.

It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own.

Our qualification comes from God.

He has enabled us to be ministers of his new covenant.

This is a covenant not of written laws, but of the Spirit.

The old written covenant ends in death; but under the new covenant, the Spirit gives life.

The old way, with laws etched in stone, led to death, though it began with such glory that the people of Israel could not bear to look at Moses’ face.

For his face shone with the glory of God, even though the brightness was already fading away.

Shouldn’t we expect far greater glory under the new way, now that the Holy Spirit is giving life?

If the old way, which brings condemnation, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new way, which makes us right with God!

In fact, that first glory was not glorious at all compared with the overwhelming glory of the new way.

So if the old way, which has been replaced, was glorious, how much more glorious is the new, which remains forever!”
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭3:1-11‬ ‭NLT‬‬

in Christ,
Matthew Gallagher

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“After they arrived at Capernaum and settled in a house, Jesus asked his disciples, “What were you discussing out on the road?”

But they didn’t answer, because they had been arguing about which of them was the greatest.

He sat down, called the twelve disciples over to him, and said, “

Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else.”

Then he put a little child among them.

Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, “Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭9:33-37‬ ‭NLT‬‬

If anyone would like to share, please do.

A more easily understood synonym for minister is servant Matt