What does this passage say will happen if we allow God’s Word to be the foundation of our lives?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rmoore1021

Jan 21, 2012
READ Matthew 7:24-27.

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 26 But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”

It matters what you build your life on. Both Jesus and Paul agreed, you need to build your life on the truth of the Bible. Not just knowing the truth, but living the truth.

Jesus said, “Everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them in practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.” Paul wrote that we should be a “workman that does not need to be ashamed, who correctly handles the word of truth.”

If we want our life to be established on firm ground, then we need to be grounded in His word. We need to read the Bible, study it and then apply it to our life. We need to live what we read. When we do, we will find that life will stand the tests of time.