What foods is your area famous for?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Ga. there is many foods that are famous. Vidalia onions, Varsity hot dogs, Krispy Creme doughnuts, Chick-fil-a, Waffle House, and the only KFC called "the big chicken", to name a few.

Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

Saint of Light

Aug 22, 2023
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lexington Style bbq, pulled pork, vinegar based bbq, collard greens with meat and sugar in them, fried chicken, biscuits, corn bread, hush puppies, flounder, and sweet tea.

Lol, you can maybe guess where I'm at. Anyone else?

Houston is America’s fattest city according to this report: Houston is “America’s Fattest City”

As a native Houstonian, I’m not surprised in the least bit. Here in my city, there are restaurants on practically every corner. Whenever I visit other cities, I always notice there are fewer restaurants by comparison.

As for the type of food in Houston, there isn’t any one particular cuisine. A lot of people might mistake my city for being culturally southern, and yeah, it is in Texas, but Houston is actually the second most diverse city in the entire world (Toronto is the most diverse). Here is a report about Houston’s demographics: Demographics of Houston - Wikipedia

A quote from the article: “Houston's foreign-born population increased by 400,000 in a ten-year span ending in 2010. During that span, of all U.S. cities, Houston had the second-largest increase of foreign-born persons. As of 2011, 22% of Greater Houston residents were born in another country. This percentage was the fifth-largest in Texas. In 2015 about 25% of the residents of Harris County—over one million persons—were immigrants.”

The immigrants come from all over the world: Europe, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, etc. The immigrants bring their cuisines with them, so you can find practically every kind of food in Houston due to our city’s diversity. There is no unique Houston cuisine or even a unique Houstonian culture. Our city is a vast melting pot of cultures and people.

If you like diversity and multiculturalism, Houston is a good place to visit to see all the different people. And to try all their foods.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shrimp is a big part of Baja-style Mexican food, but in the Sonoran Desert where I live, they're usually carne asada (beef).

California does shrimp tacos better than we do. But then you'd have to travel to California... ew
When I lived in San Diego it was Carne Asada burritos. They were super. And the enchiladas suizas was good too.