What foods is your area famous for?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lexington Style bbq, pulled pork, vinegar based bbq, collard greens with meat and sugar in them, fried chicken, biscuits, corn bread, hush puppies, flounder, and sweet tea.

Lol, you can maybe guess where I'm at. Anyone else?

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Fish and chips , Brighton seaside rock , candy floss ………….we are now a multi cultural town so you can now get so many different foods here, but years ago it was mainly a place people came to for a holiday. A day at the seaside.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fish and chips , Brighton seaside rock , candy floss ………….we are now a multi cultural town so you can now get so many different foods here, but years ago it was mainly a place people came to for a holiday. A day at the seaside.

I have heard of fish and chips. What is brighton seaside rock and candy floss?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lexington Style bbq, pulled pork, vinegar based bbq, collard greens with meat and sugar in them, fried chicken, biscuits, corn bread, hush puppies, flounder, and sweet tea.

Lol, you can maybe guess where I'm at. Anyone else?

I don’t know if our area is famous for this… but bowls of pintos with fried potatoes cakes on the side, fit homestyle cooking here. We laughed before about opening a place called, ‘tater Cakes’ with a side bar of choice toppings: cheeses, sour cream, hot sauces, chopped spring onions, bacon crumbs, ham, ketchup where people could top pintos and potato cakes however they chose. add in some roasted on a grill corn on the cob, and yes sweet tea. We would never do it but considering our area we thought it might provide a new “fast food” dine-in experience.

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don’t know if our area is famous for this… but bowls of pintos with fried potatoes cakes on the side, fit homestyle cooking here. We laughed before about opening a place called, ‘tater Cakes’ with a side bar of choice toppings: cheeses, sour cream, hot sauces, chopped spring onions, bacon crumbs, ham, ketchup where people could top pintos and potato cakes however they chose. add in some roasted on a grill corn on the cob, and yes sweet tea. We would never do it but considering our area we thought it might provide a new “fast food” dine-in experience.
Hi @VictoryinJesus So why don't you try doing that? open the sort of restaurant that you imagine..... :)

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @VictoryinJesus So why don't you try doing that? open the sort of restaurant that you imagine..... :)
Because I’m not a cook…to be honest my potatoes cakes never stay together but fall apart. My mother-in-law is an expert at southern cooking. Plus…beans and potatoes I’m not sure you can make a living off of them.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You name it, we have it. From Italian, to Chinese, to Mexican, Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, Polish, German...on and on. American summer staples are hot dogs, hamburgers, different salads like, macaroni salad, potato salad, baked beans. Buffalo is also the capitol of Pizzerias. Our junk food is better than I have had in any other state but, it will make you unhealthy, sure is tasty going down though, lol. My new favorite restaurant is called Alibaba's Kabob and ILOVE their chicken tandoori!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have seafood from the Pacific Ocean and bay areas. The tribe where I live sell a lot of salmon, crab and shrimp. We have ocean restaurants that are super here. Our state has an open policy on immigrants so we are multi-cultural also. In that regard we have many restaurants that serve foreign foods. But originally it is ocean and steak. We have some great grass fields with cattle around here and in the country. So if it's not seafood it's steak houses.

Reactions: Lambano and Wynona

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You name it, we have it. From Italian, to Chinese, to Mexican, Vietnamese, Thai, Indian, Polish, German...on and on. American summer staples are hot dogs, hamburgers, different salads like, macaroni salad, potato salad, baked beans. Buffalo is also the capitol of Pizzerias. Our junk food is better than I have had in any other state but, it will make you unhealthy, sure is tasty going down though, lol. My new favorite restaurant is called Alibaba's Kabob and ILOVE their chicken tandoori!
@Nancy Sounds like multicultural urban, typically....... :)

Similar here....

Reactions: Nancy

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That almost sounds like midwestern American. My husband loves pintos with cornbread on top. He's from Indiana. I don't think Ive ever had a potato cake.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That almost sounds like midwestern American. My husband loves pintos with cornbread on top. He's from Indiana. I don't think Ive ever had a potato cake.
your husband may like them. You can start with shredded fresh potatoes …or use leftover mash potatoes. This is what my mother always did using cold mash potatoes the next day
Fried Potato Cakes (Potato Patties)

Reactions: shortangel

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have heard of fish and chips. What is brighton seaside rock and candy floss?
Both are very sweet , mostly sugar, candy floss melts in your mouth , pretty sure you must have it in America ( sometimes on sale at fairs ) it’s probably got a different name. Rock is very hard, like a lollipop but long and round.

Reactions: shortangel

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Rita Fish and chips have been exported to countries to where British ppl have emigrated; it's said you can always tell a New Zealander from the pronunciation: "fush and chups"....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both are very sweet , mostly sugar, candy floss melts in your mouth , pretty sure you must have it in America ( sometimes on sale at fairs ) it’s probably got a different name. Rock is very hard, like a lollipop but long and round.
I think that's what we call Cotton Candy.

iu

Much love!