What Gal 2:20 Is Saying To Us !!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Hi to all , and Gal 2:20 is a very mis-understood verse in the Bible .

This verse reminds me of Rom 6:3 -6 ,

Verse 20 , " I am crucified with Christ " . and teaches us 4 things .

#1 , It is in the FIRST Person Singular and everyone that is saved by Grace , the " I " means your name is here .
Every person saved in the Dispensation of Grace and you and me can say that we were Spiritually CRUCIFIED at the time Christ was dying on the Cross and this is why salvation is a personal thing .

" I am crucified " is a Greek verb SUSTAUROO and means " to crucify along with " .

#2 , Second , it is in the Greek Perfect Tense , and covers 2 time periods PAST and PRESENT , and this means that the Results of what happened in the Past CONTINUE on into the Present time ,

#3 , Third , it is in the PASSIVE VOICE , and refers to action upon the believer , because we could not put ourselves on the cross , but He could .

#4 , It is in the Indicative Mood , , and tells us that this truth is a FACT and not a MYTH.

The Perfect Tense shows that we , as believers in Christ are still DEAD to the following things .

#1 , We are DEAD to the world , Gal 6:14 .

#2 , We are DEAD to the Flesh , Gal 5:24 .

#3 , We are DEAD to sin , Rom 6:2 , 7 , 11 or sin does nor reign over us

#4 , We are DEAD to the Law of Moses , Rom 7:4 .

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi to all , and Gal 2:20 is a very mis-understood verse in the Bible .

This verse reminds me of Rom 6:3 -6 ,

Verse 20 , " I am crucified with Christ " . and teaches us 4 things .

#1 , It is in the FIRST Person Singular and everyone that is saved by Grace , the " I " means your name is here .
Every person saved in the Dispensation of Grace and you and me can say that we were Spiritually CRUCIFIED at the time Christ was dying on the Cross and this is why salvation is a personal thing .

" I am crucified " is a Greek verb SUSTAUROO and means " to crucify along with " .

#2 , Second , it is in the Greek Perfect Tense , and covers 2 time periods PAST and PRESENT , and this means that the Results of what happened in the Past CONTINUE on into the Present time ,

#3 , Third , it is in the PASSIVE VOICE , and refers to action upon the believer , because we could not put ourselves on the cross , but He could .

#4 , It is in the Indicative Mood , , and tells us that this truth is a FACT and not a MYTH.

The Perfect Tense shows that we , as believers in Christ are still DEAD to the following things .

#1 , We are DEAD to the world , Gal 6:14 .

#2 , We are DEAD to the Flesh , Gal 5:24 .

#3 , We are DEAD to sin , Rom 6:2 , 7 , 11 or sin does nor reign over us

#4 , We are DEAD to the Law of Moses , Rom 7:4 .
We shouldn't forget the end of vs. 20...'with Christ'. His death is our death. We need not through fleshly effort trying to mortify ourselves but already reckon ourselves to be dead to the law,sin,the flesh and the world.

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
We shouldn't forget the end of vs. 20...'with Christ'. His death is our death. We need not through fleshly effort trying to mortify ourselves but already reckon ourselves to be dead to the law,sin,the flesh and the world.

Hi prism and the ephasis in Gal 2:20 is also on Christ " LIVING in me Personally " . ZOA is in the Present Tense , indicating that our Saviour is " ALWAY LIVING " in each one of us , so we never lose our salvation , OSAS . dan p

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi prism and the ephasis in Gal 2:20 is also on Christ " LIVING in me Personally " . ZOA is in the Present Tense , indicating that our Saviour is " ALWAY LIVING " in each one of us , so we never lose our salvation , OSAS . dan p

Well yes, I was just going by your 'piece' quote at the top of your post..."Verse 20 , " I am crucified with Christ " . and teaches us 4 things" .

dan p

Mar 26, 2009
Well yes, I was just going by your 'piece' quote at the top of your post..."Verse 20 , " I am crucified with Christ " . and teaches us 4 things" .

Hi prism and you did good in that I just focused on the first part of the verse and found that by reading further , thank you , and Paul is very meaty , dan p