What gets in the way of your quiet time with God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
For me,

1. Fear. Especially in a Muslim country

2. Sometimes I believe more in my efforts before realizing God actually could.

3. Hardship. At some point I am tempted to feel God doesn't care.

4. Hunger. When I am hungry and weak, I hardly can pray.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me,

1. Fear. Especially in a Muslim country

2. Sometimes I believe more in my efforts before realizing God actually could.

3. Hardship. At some point I am tempted to feel God doesn't care.

4. Hunger. When I am hungry and weak, I hardly can pray.
Praying that God will provide what you need so as not to be hindered in your time with Him.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What get's in the way of my quiet time? All sorts of things but mainly a lack of concentration. I used to light a candle - not in a religious way but as a point of focus, also holding my little wooden cross helps me to focus too.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
If I dare try a cross or walk around with anything religious, I will be beheaded. When I had an earpiece, I listened to gospel music always but now I don't have one and cannot play my music to others hearing

• Sad
Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I dare try a cross or walk around with anything religious, I will be beheaded. When I had an earpiece, I listened to gospel music always but now I don't have one and cannot play my music to others hearing
Can you try my other suggestion and light a candle? Only you would know its significance. Also you could use anything you choose to be a focus for your quiet time. Only you will know so it could be a tree near you home, or a coloured glass or anything you have to hand. \it isn't a religious thing just an aid for your private chats with God so you mind stays focused.

Last edited:

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Can you try my other suggestion and light a candle? Only you would know its significance. Also you could use anything you choose to be a focus for your quiet time. Only you will know so it could be a tree near you home, or a coloured glass or anything you have to hand. \it isn't a religious thing just an aid for your private chats with God so you mind stays focused.
Thank you. I will try something similar

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cameroon is not a Muslim country.

Don't be misled.

Muslim centers and Christian churches of various denominations operate freely throughout the country. Approximately 70 percent of the population is at least nominally Christian, 20 percent is at least nominally Muslim, and 10 percent practice traditional indigenous religious beliefs. The Christian population is divided approximately equally between Catholic and Protestant denominations. Christians are concentrated chiefly in the southern and western provinces and Muslims reside in large numbers in every province. Traditional indigenous religious beliefs are practiced in rural areas throughout the country but rarely are practiced publicly in cities.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is persecution in Cameroon , and in some areas it is really dangerous- so it’s not all ‘ free ‘ ….now whether Plavious is in the bad area or not I don’t know , but not everywhere is safe xx

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
There is persecution in Cameroon , and in some areas it is really dangerous- so it’s not all ‘ free ‘ ….now whether Plavious is in the bad area or not I don’t know , but not everywhere is safe xx
I come from a purely muslim home. I am name Plavious because a missionary called Plavious led my parents to christ. My community is 99.9 percent muslim. @Mr E has been reading alot about Cameroon. Last time he posted a video to disprove my claim that Cameroon is in Crisis with a currency that was long abandoned and said it was done in Yaounde, Cameroon 5 months ago. I deliberately refused to comment on the video for some reason.
Life is so simple. Assistance is not an obligation. Being poor or if suffering is not a sin. It is a stage of life and a path God had laid for me. He sees my prayer request as asking for help. Yes I did ask. I did talk about my situation and many are praying with me. This world is a small world and with the social media and all. There ways one can actually be monitored without hurting self or the person.

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I understand. Our brother (@My Dreams ) on here from India, and has the same issue. They cannot play worship to Christ and The Father at all loud, even having a bible or spreading the gospel is very difficult for them. When he tries to deliver bibles and or rice to those in need, he must hide them inside different bags on his scooter.
We must be wise as serpents, and as gentle as doves!
God bless and keep you.

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Cameroon is not a Muslim country.

Don't be misled.

Muslim centers and Christian churches of various denominations operate freely throughout the country. Approximately 70 percent of the population is at least nominally Christian, 20 percent is at least nominally Muslim, and 10 percent practice traditional indigenous religious beliefs. The Christian population is divided approximately equally between Catholic and Protestant denominations. Christians are concentrated chiefly in the southern and western provinces and Muslims reside in large numbers in every province. Traditional indigenous religious beliefs are practiced in rural areas throughout the country but rarely are practiced publicly in cities.

Yes, I understand. Our brother (@My Dreams ) on here from India, and has the same issue. They cannot play worship to Christ and The Father at all loud, even having a bible or spreading the gospel is very difficult for them. When he tries to deliver bibles and or rice to those in need, he must hide them inside different bags on his scooter.
God bless and keep you.
The worse in Cameroon is not even religion but the anglophone crisis
God bless and keep you.
ABC Amba TV
ABC AMBA TV. Ambazonia Broadcasting Corporation ...

Reactions: Nancy

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
The worse in Cameroon is not even religion but the anglophone crisis
ABC Amba TV
ABC AMBA TV. Ambazonia Broadcasting Corporation ...
There are two Cameroons. The English Cameroon called Ambazonia and the French Cameroon called La Republique du Cameroon

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. I will try something similar
Let me know how you get on and if it works for you. May god bless your efforts to get closer to him in a difficult situation.

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Let me know how you get on and if it works for you. May god bless your efforts to get closer to him in a difficult situation.
I wish I can make a video. Mostly, when I ask, they called me scammer. I will love a video call to actually know how fair. It such a cruel life

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I wish I can make a video. Mostly, when I ask, they called me scammer. I will love a video call to actually know how fair. It such a cruel life
Kepp your eyes on Jesus - let him be your focus, the lynchpin of you life - holding everything together. And trust in God and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you at all times.

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Kepp your eyes on Jesus - let him be your focus, the lynchpin of you life - holding everything together. And trust in God and allow the Holy Spirit to guide you at all times.
Amen