What have you cooked lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, leftover dorito chicken casserole and cottage cheese.

That sounds good. I should make that. I have the stuff I think. Well, no Doritos but I have Tater Tots, they should work.

I'll make it like a cowboy caaserole. Hamburger, tater tots, peppers, shredded cheese. Mmmm.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I don't do much cooking these days as my husband doesn't eat much so there's a lot of waste. But I do like to make a nourishing bean soup. I make it in my pressure cooker but without the pressure so that there are usually six or mor potions which I then freeze. I use three tins of beans, one of chickpeas and one of chopped tomatoes; carrots and celery with lots of garlic paste and a few chilli flakes. If anybody want the recipe let me know.

Reactions: dev553344

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pork roulade with apples and ginger served with a caramel sauce....
(I am a recovering chef)
Sourdough bread and dukes brioche....
Fresh pasta with herb pesto....
European hand pies. (Like a hand held pot pie but more meat and less gravy)
Cheese quesadillas with avocado/tomato salsa...
Perogies with garlic sausage.

Lots and lots of things get made around here....my dad has been visiting for two weeks and I wanted to make sure he got fed well. Otherwise it's chicken nuggets or frozen burritos on a sheet pan in the oven....but...I do try to really cook at least once a week.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't cook, but rather made a salad for breakfast. It has lettuce, cherry tomatoes, Mexican cheese, Caesar croutons, Ranch dressing. It was really good and I enjoyed it. I forgot the Avocado though, which I will have to pick up later. And perhaps some bacon bits.

Reactions: Cassandra and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't cook, but rather made a salad for breakfast. It has lettuce, cherry tomatoes, Mexican cheese, Caesar croutons, Ranch dressing. It was really good and I enjoyed it. I forgot the Avocado though, which I will have to pick up later. And perhaps some bacon bits.
I like salads and you have inspired me to make one for my tea/evening meal. Lettuce, tomato, celery, onion and radishes and maybe beetroot with salad cream and a cheese topping and some crinkle chips/fries. I might even add some Green giant sweetcorn or tuna. That's me sorted.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like salads and you have inspired me to make one for my tea/evening meal. Lettuce, tomato, celery, onion and radishes and maybe beetroot with salad cream and a cheese topping and some crinkle chips/fries. I might even add some Green giant sweetcorn or tuna. That's me sorted.
That sounds delicious. I used to fry up chicken and made the classic chicken Caesar salad with Mozzarella and croutons and Romain lettuce. The Romain has to be rinsed though and I didn't feel like going the distance this morning.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That sounds delicious. I used to fry up chicken and made the classic chicken Caesar salad with Mozzarella and croutons and Romain lettuce. The Romain has to be rinsed though and I didn't feel like going the distance this morning.
I'm using little gem lettuce and also not cherry or baby plum tomatoes which I prefer but haven't got. Which just rminded me to put them on the shopping list.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm using little gem lettuce and also not cherry or baby plum tomatoes which I prefer but haven't got. Which just rminded me to put them on the shopping list.
I like just eating the cherry tomatoes plane. Good food and great source of B vitamins.

Reactions: Pearl

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lettuce is a class of greens...not a variety in itself. There's iceberg, butterhead, frisee, arugula and many others....
I can't visually taste this stuff if you don't specify...

Sorry....but I am in recovery for my former miss spent youth as a chef. Help a brother out will ya?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Lettuce is a class of greens...not a variety in itself. There's iceberg, butterhead, frisee, arugula and many others....
I can't visually taste this stuff if you don't specify...

Sorry....but I am in recovery for my former miss spent youth as a chef. Help a brother out will ya?
I didn't know there were so many different sorts of lettuce. At home I usually buy iceberg or little gem. In the UK the long-leaved one is, or used to be called a London lettuce and then there is the cos lettuce which is the floppy round one. When I eat out though there is rocket (is that classed as a lettuce?} and other green leaves which I don't know the names of. But I really like pea shoots.

• Love
Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know there were so many different sorts of lettuce. At home I usually buy iceberg or little gem. In the UK the long-leaved one is, or used to be called a London lettuce and then there is the cos lettuce which is the floppy round one. When I eat out though there is rocket (is that classed as a lettuce?} and other green leaves which I don't know the names of. But I really like pea shoots.
Rocket in the UK is arugula in the States...

There's a HUGE assortment for greens to make salad greens out of...red oak leaf (not the leaves from a red oak tree) which is comparable to a curly leaf lettuce but with red streaks and tips. They sometimes come out brown looking depending upon the season.

Baby mixed greens are a thing too....often called "spring mix" in the States. It's a variety of immature but tender.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rocket in the UK is arugula in the States...

There's a HUGE assortment for greens to make salad greens out of...red oak leaf (not the leaves from a red oak tree) which is comparable to a curly leaf lettuce but with red streaks and tips. They sometimes come out brown looking depending upon the season.

Baby mixed greens are a thing too....often called "spring mix" in the States. It's a variety of immature but tender.
I believe there are some flowers such as nasturtiums that are edible also.

• Love
Reactions: TLHKAJ and JohnDB

LadyVirgy

May 11, 2024
Soroca
Faith
Christian
Country
Moldova, Republic Of
I cooked my husband some bacon and egg sandwiches + ham and cheese omelette for breakfast and chicken sour soup for lunch today. :)

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made a very large pan of bean soup the other day, a bit like this. Full of beans and carrots it's delicious.

View attachment 44309
In the South East USA a common dish is Red Beans and Rice served with Cornbread.

But I'm not from the South....
So we had black beans and sausages with sourdough bread in my house. These neighbors all tell me I'm doing it very wrong but they still wouldn't mind having a bowl.

But last night....
Since it's spring and my herbs are going strong we had roasted lemon herb chicken and herbed angel hair pasta. Just about anything tastes better with fresh herbs.

The herb mix was Italian flat parsley, oregano, and thyme. (+ olive oil and garlic)