What have you cooked lately?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If given the materials, my every day breakfast is, 3 eggs, a potato, 4 piece of bacon, 1 piece of sausage, 2 piece of bread with a cup of non-sugar tea, but after the tea - kool-aid, and of course water.

The last two things made a few weeks of go was just browning some meat, and adding taco sauce, additives just chesse, and sour cream. Would have added lettuce and tomato, but did not have none.

And last week, made using a crescent pizza crust, adding 3 different cheeses, Mild, Mozzerla, and paramasian, loaded with 4 pieces of ham, and pepperoni, it's sorta of like a PZone.

Nice looking food, a lot of you cook up very yummy! :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just made these marshmallow.toffee, and rice Krispy squares, so easy to make.

View attachment 35494
I don't love marshmallows. Growing up, my mom made rice crispy candy without marshmallows.

(This is not something I would make anymore, let alone, eat due to the fact they're full of carbs!)

1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup raw sugar
1 cup raw honey
1tsp real vanilla
4 cups rice crispy cereal

Combine first 4 ingredients in a stainless steel pan. Heat and stir over low heat until smooth.
Remove from heat and let cool a few minutes. (Will still be warm, but not steaming hot.)
Stir in cereal one cup at a time till it is well coated with peanut butter mixture.
Scoop into a buttered glass baking dish. Cover and put in fridge to cool and set up. Cut into squares. Enjoy (if you can stand all that sugar and carbs)!

One thing I often did was to find a healthier cereal to substitute for the rice crispy cereal. (It's still crazy high in carbs, though. lol)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Debp and BarneyFife

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For supper tonight...
Grass fed sirloin roast (5ozs)
Grass fed 90% lean burger patty (5ozs)
a thick pat of butter melted into the drippings with Redmond's salt (as a dipping sauce)
1 pasture raised egg

For dessert...
about a cup of keto ice cream (vanilla & chocolate) with 1/3 cup of cold brew coffee poured over it :yum:

Attachments

• IMG_20230816_174330131~2.jpg
    IMG_20230816_174330131~2.jpg
    596.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230816_191603685~2.jpg
    IMG_20230816_191603685~2.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 2

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't love marshmallows. Growing up, my mom made rice crispy candy without marshmallows.

(This is not something I would make anymore, let alone, eat due to the fact they're full of carbs!)

1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup raw sugar
1 cup raw honey
1tsp real vanilla
4 cups rice crispy cereal

Combine first 4 ingredients in a stainless steel pan. Heat and stir over low heat until smooth.
Remove from heat and let cool a few minutes. (Will still be warm, but not steaming hot.)
Stir in cereal one cup at a time till it is well coated with peanut butter mixture.
Scoop into a buttered glass baking dish. Cover and put in fridge to cool and set up. Cut into squares. Enjoy (if you can stand all that sugar and carbs)!

One thing I often did was to find a healthier cereal to substitute for the rice crispy cereal. (It's still crazy high in carbs, though. lol)
And to make it even more rich .....add some semi-sweet chocolate chips in it after it's about room temperature (so they don't melt) ...then put it in the fridge to set up. Should be ready to cut into squares in an hour or two.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I cooked tofu and eggs dish last week. I only like healthy recipes. I find that this thread might motivate me and others to cook at home each week since the recipes will be simple @Nancy and anyone else who will find it helpful. So you should get organic silken tofu, open it carefully, wash it very lightly and then cut it into little cubes. Cut green onions into little pieces. Chop tomatoes as much as you want in the pot. Liquefy 5 organic, no antibiotic eggs. Put some healthy cooking oil in the pot such as avocado cooking oil or other and bring the pot to a heated state. On medium heat, put all the tofu cubes in the pot. Then put the liquefied eggs with the green onions mixed in the bowl in the pot too. Then put all the chopped tomatoes in and stir it for a while. Then put organic soy sauce in it, some sea salt, black pepper, white pepper and garlic powder in it and it's done. Add some sesame oil over it and it's completely done. Enjoy it. I hope I will receive simple healthy recipe ideas from others on here too. I have made a thread on simple healthy recipe ideas in Home Life Forum but no one replied to it anymore. Instead people replied to this one. I think it's because I asked for simple, healthy recipe ideas and they didn't cook those or have any ideas on that but I don't mind if there are some ideas I could get on that in this thread in the future. God bless.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last night I roasted some brussel sprouts (olive oil, sea salt, pepper) and stir fried cut up chicken breasts and ramen noodles in a seasame shiracha sauce.

Im back to my goal of 90 percent unprocessed foods now that baby has arrived.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
images (30).jpeg
Adobong cricket is a unique and exotic culinary delight that offers a one-of-a-kind taste experience. These carefully prepared insects are marinated in a flavorful blend of traditional Filipino spices and seasonings, resulting in a savory and crunchy texture that's similar to your favorite snack chips. It's a sustainable and protein-rich option that adventurous eaters can enjoy, making it a culturally rich and eco-friendly choice for those looking to expand their culinary horizons.

I forgot to take a photograph, so I opted to acquire an image online.

In modern times, we indulge in this dish not out of necessity but due to its delectable flavor, as obtaining crickets in the market has become a rare occurrence.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Breakfast..today.
--
Spam & Scrambled Eggs..
- with coffee.
Spam and scrambled eggs is one of my favorite breakfasts. I had an ex-girlfriend that showed me how to make cheese eggs. They're not bad, just sprinkle some Mexican shredded cheese in the scrambled eggs and it's good. Not as good as spam and eggs though or omelette.

I like omelettes with with cheese and onion and spam. Super tasty.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This was the wrong thread for me to browse at this hour....now I'm hungry!

I did make spaghetti a couple of nights ago.

Reactions: dev553344

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need to make some pasta sauce. I saw a great video on YouTube the other day about it and I've learned some things since I posted that last (ridiculously labor-intensive) recipe.

.​