What have you learned since becoming a believer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TooInvolved1

Jan 22, 2008
You can learn a lot about being a Christian from the Word of course. But you also learn a LOT just through experience - things the Bible may not say. What have you learned from experience as a believer?

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
1. That there is no goodness in me. It all comes from God.2. That I don't know as much as I thought I did.3. That I have nothing to fear, because God is in control.

its_victoria08

Mar 28, 2008
1. Worrying really is completely worthless. The best thing to do is to pray that God will continue to guide my life on the path He has chosen for me.2. Happiness is found through the Lord. One cannot attain true happiness without Him.3. Prayer is the best way to connect to a partner. Talking will connect you emotionally. Making love will connect you physically. But, the most fantastic connection, the spiritual connection, is found through prayer together.4. Jesus died for me. He died for all of us, to allow us into Heaven, if we just believe in His promises. I believe.5. God created the world in 6 days. How long do you think it would take Him to destroy it? I don't think it would take much. Today's society (especially in the U.S.) is leading us to the end of the world through sin and religious denial.6. God speaks to me through my conscience, those good and bad "feelings" I get about things. When I am indecisive, I can pray for God to help me and to give me peace about one option. He hasn't failed me yet.7. God operates on His own Time. He is not subject to our minutes, hours, days, and years. God promises the best for us all. Just because we don't get what we think we need immediately, doesn't mean God is ignoring us. It simply means that God is operating on His Time, not ours.There is much more. As a new believer, I am learning new things every day. I learn things through God's Word, prayer, and living life as a Christian. I pray for God to give me understanding of His Message and peace in my life. He hasn't failed me yet. :)

RaddSpencer

Mar 28, 2008
yea yea yea... I learned all that "serious" stuff too, but the greatest thing I ever learned was this:God has a sense of humor1. Duck Billed Platypus --- NEED I SAY MORE?2. Rome crucified Jesus Christ around AD 33. Crucifixion was the most humiliating and dishonorable way to die in the ancient world:"Under ancient Roman penal practice, crucifixion was also a means of exhibiting the criminal’s low social status. It was the most dishonourable death imaginable, originally reserved for slaves, hence still called "supplicium servile" by Seneca, later extended to provincial freedmen of obscure station ('humiles'). The citizen class of Roman society were almost never subject to capital punishments; instead, they were fined or exiled. Josephus mentions Jews of high rank who were crucified, but this was to point out that their status had been taken away from them. Control of one’s own body was vital in the ancient world. Capital punishment took away control over one’s own body, thereby implying a loss of status and honour. The Romans often broke the prisoner's legs to hasten death and usually forbade burial."http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CrucifixionHowever around the time of AD 300. Emperor Constantine made Christianity the official religion of the Roman Empire. Now the Romans are worshiping a God that they crucified on the cross 270 years earlier -- talk about irony.I bet Jesus is STILL laughing about that one XD.3. Jesus tells Peter to go and give these temple tax collectors a coin from a fish's mouth XD. Now THAT is funny! 24After Jesus and his disciples arrived in Capernaum, the collectors of the two-drachma tax came to Peter and asked, "Doesn't your teacher pay the temple tax?" 25"Yes, he does," he replied. When Peter came into the house, Jesus was the first to speak. "What do you think, Simon?" he asked. "From whom do the kings of the earth collect duty and taxes—from their own sons or from others?" 26"From others," Peter answered. "Then the sons are exempt," Jesus said to him. 27"But so that we may not offend them, go to the lake and throw out your line. Take the first fish you catch; open its mouth and you will find a four-drachma coin. Take it and give it to them for my tax and yours." Matt 17:24-27

zozephin

Apr 4, 2008
The most important thing that i learned is to appreciate my life.I have stopped smoking ,drinking,and do bad in my health...The second most important thing is that I stopped to express my bad behaviour...I took out off my life the selfiness,my egoism,my bad character,,,I became a better person in the world and in my family community.And all that came from the Power of God....May all people understand how much Loves us,,,

David161099

Nov 19, 2007
That living in hopelessness and depression is what the devil wants for me. The Lord wants the opposite.Today I learnt that I should forgive others if I desire to be forgiven by God. (And I do desire to be forgiven).I also learnt that the secular world tells a lot of lies about Christianity.