WHAT IF THERE WAS -NO- NEW TESTAMENT?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MIRACLESRMYHOBBY

Mar 16, 2012
What if there was no new testament, would mankind have been able to live with -Gods- commands only in the old testament? If -God- had never sent -His- only son to die for our sins etc. would there have been a Christianity under a different name? What if....

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
What if there was no new testament, would mankind have been able to live with -Gods- commands only in the old testament? If -God- had never sent -His- only son to die for our sins etc. would there have been a Christianity under a different name? What if....
We would all be lost if Christ had'nt died for our sins

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012

Abraham was saved by grace and was freely credited God's righteousness, so the Gospel would have been the same, in fact the gospel has always been the same from start to end.

We would have just needed to continue to slaughter innocent lambs for our sins, that's all.

God bless.

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abraham was saved by faith,yes, but his salvation was based on a future Redeemer to come, for without the shedding of Blood there is no remission of sins. The blood of bulls and goats could not take away sin it took the God/man to shed His blood.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Abraham was saved by faith,yes, but his salvation was based on a future Redeemer to come, for without the shedding og Blood there is no remission of sins.

Tell me prism, I have a genuine question for you...why were they slaughtering the lamb and sprinkling the blood around if Jesus' future sacrifice and Jesus' future spilled blood was all that was needed in the Old Testament times before Jesus was born or slaughtered?

God bless.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
If there was no new testament then we would still all be pagans, dancing around stonehenge with mistletoe. Oh and yes we definately would be lost.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
No New Testament would mean that Jesus did not die and rise again.

Why exactly are we pondering on this?

MIRACLESRMYHOBBY

Mar 16, 2012
-Foreigner- you seem to be asking why this subject is open to discussion when we all know that their is a new testament and that -Jesus- died for our sins. That being said I want too see if this forum can think outside the box or just uses the -Bible- as it is written and are so rigid in their thinking they can not help me do -Gods- commands of me....

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
If there was no new testament then we would still all be pagans, dancing around stonehenge with mistletoe. Oh and yes we definately would be lost.

Hence, the Jews who reject the NT are lost.

God bless.

No New Testament would mean that Jesus did not die and rise again.

Why exactly are we pondering on this?

Because most of humanity reject the NT, including Jews etc.

God bless.