What is sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Runningman

Dec 3, 2023
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This question is simple and I am interested in what people have to say, but first let me just define sin based on how John put it.

1 John 3​
4Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.

So sin is basically a transgression of a law. There are numerous references to laws in the Bible. There is the law of Moses, the law of God, the law of Christ, the law of freedom, etc.

In the New Testament, there are laws still given to people that were continued to be taught, such as the 10 Commandments. They can be found here and there throughout the New Testament, and Jesus even listed some in Matthew 19, saying they are necessary to keep in order to enter eternal life.

So we know that sin is a violation of something that has been codified into law, i.e., God's law.

With all of this in mind, why would someone not enter the kingdom of God or be cast into the lake of fire for doing something that wasn't codified as a law and, arguably, isn't actually a sin?

Revelation 21:8 says cowards and sorcerers, get cast into the lake of fire. Is there is a law against being a sorcerer or coward?

Galatians 5:19-21 mentions that those who are impure, practice debauchery, sorcery, hatred, discord, jealousy, rage, drunkenness, etc will not enter the kingdom of God. While I fully know and agree that these things are unsavory and bad, where were they codified as sin?

Is the conclusion here that people can miss out on eternal life without actually being guilty of sin, but rather something that is immoral, distasteful, or otherwise frowned upon?

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This question is simple and I am interested in what people have to say, but first let me just define sin based on how John put it.

1 John 3​
4Everyone who practices sin practices lawlessness as well. Indeed, sin is lawlessness.

So sin is basically a transgression of a law. There are numerous references to laws in the Bible. There is the law of Moses, the law of God, the law of Christ, the law of freedom, etc.

In the New Testament, there are laws still given to people that were continued to be taught, such as the 10 Commandments. They can be found here and there throughout the New Testament, and Jesus even listed some in Matthew 19, saying they are necessary to keep in order to enter eternal life.

So we know that sin is a violation of something that has been codified into law, i.e., God's law.

With all of this in mind, why would someone not enter the kingdom of God or be cast into the lake of fire for doing something that wasn't codified as a law and, arguably, isn't actually a sin?

Revelation 21:8 says cowards and sorcerers, get cast into the lake of fire. Is there is a law against being a sorcerer or coward?

Galatians 5:19-21 mentions that those who are impure, practice debauchery, sorcery, hatred, discord, jealousy, rage, drunkenness, etc will not enter the kingdom of God. While I fully know and agree that these things are unsavory and bad, where were they codified as sin?

Is the conclusion here that people can miss out on eternal life without actually being guilty of sin, but rather something that is immoral, distasteful, or otherwise frowned upon?
Sin is any transgression that the Spirit will convict us of, and many times we attempt to define a sin under our own terms, for ourselevs and for others, and cause all kinds of unnecessary stress on ourselves and on others. If we are listening to the Spirit. everyday, continually as a daily habit, we will know if our walk is true or not.

Written law(s) of sin(s) for a believer is an outdated method to judge the heart. We have a much more sophisticated real-time infraction alarm system, embedded in each and every believer's heart. We cannot hide from it. It is exposed to God.

Reactions: Wynona and amadeus

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sin is being separated from God....alienated from his Spirit.

The most horrible place to be...I remember it well, once I became Born Again.....I never knew I was in sin ,not until God in his grace and mercy, made my spirit Born Again...Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Imo/ testimony and belief,xx

[1] Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: [2] But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to get off on a technicality?

Biblically (especially in the Pauline letters), Sin is more than just a transgression of a written commandment. It is also a ... power (?), a corruption within us ... that affects not only what we do but also what we say and think. All those "distasteful" things spring from that corruption. The Reformers may have gotten this one right.

12 For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law... (Romans 2:12)

12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered into the world, and death through sin, and so death spread to all mankind, because all sinned— 13 for until the Law, sin was in the world, but sin is not counted against anyone when there is no law. 14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam until Moses, even over those who had not sinned in the likeness of the violation committed by Adam, who is a type of Him who was to come. (Romans 5:12-14)

Note that it doesn't matter whether or not we have a written commandment. We still die.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Sin is falling short of God's standard. In archery it means to miss the mark. In Christianity it means to be separated from God. The only cure for that is Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sin is any transgression that the Spirit will convict us of,

What if the person has a "seared conscience"?

That would be any Mass Murderer, generally speaking.

What if the person is a Psychopathic personality?

They don't feel "conscience".. so they certainly can't be convicted in their conscience.

And a person can develop a seared conscience, simply by resisting the Holy Spirit over a period of time, as that hardens the conscience, until that day comes when the Holy Spirit can no longer effect them, inside.
And that one, has crossed a line and going to Hell is the end result of that....

So, sin is actually rebellion ...on the DEVIL Level, ....as Lucifer was the first "sinner".. .tho, that term, regarding Him, has to be interpreted as "Iniquity"..
Why?
Because to know SIN, you have to have the word of God, to rebel against it.

Down here, we have moses law and commandments.

Adam and Even, didn't have those, but they had God's WORD that said..."dont eat that " ....and that was a LAW unto them, exactly as the 10 Commandment were to us before we were born again........so, that is why "Adam SINNED"... = as he broke God's WORD.

However.

LUCIFER didnt have any of that in Glory (Heaven).............and that is why its called "iniquity"...... was found in Him.

And that iniquity became his Nature... tho apparently he was always twisted within himself by Pride, and he was the first LIAR., and murderer.

Jesus said that He was both a murderer from the Beginning and the Father of Lies, so that makes him the ORIGINAL SINNER, once he "fell" within Himself.

And that nature in him, is the sin nature that we ended up with, because of Adam.

Adam's sin, caused Satan's Nature to become His,.... as the "adamic nature", (and we inherited that) , and that is why we are "born in sin".
Sin is natural to us, when we were still unbelievers.... because the Fall of Adam is the fall of us all.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To know that you were once a sinner, you must be Born Again of imperishable seed, after the rebirth only then did I know I was a sinner....I was in total darkness and ignorance before I was Born Of The Spirit.xx

From my POV.

Reactions: APAK and Pearl

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
..I was in total darkness

"in whom (that person) the god of this world has BLINDED THEIR MIND... as otherwise the Light of the Glorious Gospel of Christ would shine into them".. and they would become EN-LIGHTENED... = A "child of the Light".. born again... A BELIEVER,.. a CHRISTIAN.

A Preachers Job, first and foremost, is the Show you the LIGHT<= and that is Jesus on the Cross, dying for your sin... and that He is the Only Way to God.

The LIGHT< is the "Gospel of the Grace of God".

So reader that is your ministry, as all believers are called to minister The Gospel = to unbelievers.

And the way to do that wrong, is to not understand Salvation correctly... and the other way you do it wrong ....is to make it too complex for them to hear.

Remember , you are talking to someone, more than likely.... who only sees God as "angry with me, and sends people to hell".
They may even be an unbeliever who is infected with some of John Calvin's horrible teaching, and they think.. ."God causes all this evil so why would i want to trust in that """"

So, when you talk to people about their soul , their salvation, dont turn on the Theology. .. .dont start trying to explain about... "well, your spirit is separated from God's because Adam bit the apple and Satan took over, and now you are going to hell because of this. And if you want to become a child of the Light, then you ..............

NO NO NO...

Do not become a pretend bible scholar when dealing with a Soul..

Instead become the LOVE OF GOD.
Become the LOVE OF GOD.
Become merciful to a sinner.
Become kind and caring, and show them that Jesus on the Cross = is God's love for them.

Do THAT, as that is how you lead someone to Christ.

Never try to teach THEOLOGY.....to an unbeliever.
Only show them God's UNCONDITIONAL Love., and let Christ be THAT One for them.

If they wont have it, if they wont listen, then ask.. ."would you mind if i prayed with you". "is there any thing in your life that we could pray about and ask God to help with "??

Many times their TEARS will appear.....because everyone HURTS.
Understand?
'They HURT. They have hurts, pain, disappointing Lives.. Horrible Children, unfaithful husband ,or wife.
Parents never loved them.. Dad abused them...
They have Cancer. They are dying..
They NEED JESUS and dont realize it, but you do, and you are their way to Him..

So, if all they will have is Prayer, then that is wonderful, because they will share their pain, and you share that God is the DOCTOR and the blood of Jesus is the MEDICINE>.

Give it to them.... and God will do the rest.
Its God's will to save them.
Its our job to be available for them.

Listen,

The Devil's main ministry is to prevent everyone from seeing their need for God's Salvation, from believing it, as if he can BLIND YOUR MIND so that you never Trust in Christ then, He just sent them to Hell.

That is what He is currently doing to every unbeliever .
He has blinded their mind so that they can't SEE what we KNOW.... yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pearl

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John 3​

I agree with your definition of sin. I no longer believe that sin is a default state of existence (total depravity). It's a conscious choice we participate in.

Reactions: Adrift and amadeus

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"in whom (that person) the god of this world has BLINDED THEIR MIND... as otherwise the Light of the Glorious Gospel of Christ would shine into them".. and they would become EN-LIGHTENED... = A "child of the Light".. born again... A BELIEVER,.. a CHRISTIAN.

A Preachers Job, first and foremost, is the Show you the LIGHT<= and that is Jesus on the Cross, dying for your sin... and that He is the Only Way to God.
He blinded me because God had other plans..God chose me and predestined me to become Born Of The Spirit, no preacher can birth me in the Spirit , they can sow a seed.

It was God who sowed the seed into my heart the evening he made me Born Again ...and it can only be done by him, plus only he knew the exact time and place he would..Spirit gives birth to spirit.

God is never late and his timing is perfect!!xx..my testimony and belief,

I was Born Again by the will of God as his word says and I believe his “ Living “ word, that penetrated my heart...it certainly wasn’t by my will....

All Glory goes to God...a Born Again cannot go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed...that is Gods Living word .that is delivered by him to our heart...then we go and check it out with his written word.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I no longer believe that sin is a default state of existence (total depravity)

Adan's fall is the fall of us all.
The "sin nature" is the "adamic nature " and we are all born in Adam.

No one had to teach a child how to lie, or steal, or be greedy, or to hate.

Its IN THEM, and that is "Adam's fall is the fall of us all".

So, are all born with a sin nature...

Where Calvin lied to you, Reader, is when He taught you that your sin nature, makes you so depraved that you have no capacity for faith in Christ.
And that is just one more of his TULIP Lies.

in Fact, everyone has "a/the measure of faith"..
Everyone can come to Jesus... Everyone is equal, as this... "all have sinned".
There is no such thing as "total depravity" that keeps you from being able to reach out to God, in Faith.
But Calvin wants you to believe that unless God makes you believe, you can't and that is Calvin's Theology, not Paul's and not God's.

God is not a Calvinist.
The Bible does not teach Calvinism... Calvin does.

That teaching is nothing but Calvin's.

But, He's a clever devil, and his writing, his teaching is so filled with dark light that it HEARS like Truth, but isnt.

. It's a conscious choice we participate in.

Of course it is @Wynona ,

How could God hold a sinner accountable, if they had no choice?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adan's fall is the fall of us all.
The "sin nature" is the "adamic nature " and we are all born in Adam.

No one had to teach a child how to lie, or steal, or be greedy, or to hate.

Its IN THEM, and that is "Adam's fall is the fall of us all".

So, are all born with a sin nature...

Where Calvin lied to you, Reader, is when He taught you that your sin nature, makes you so depraved that you have no capacity for faith in Christ.
And that is just one more of his TULIP Lies.

in Fact, everyone has "a/the measure of faith"..
Everyone can come to Jesus... Everyone is equal, as this... "all have sinned".
There is no such thing as "total depravity" that keeps you from being able to reach out to God, in Faith.
But Calvin wants you to believe that unless God makes you believe, you can't and that is Calvin's Theology, not Paul's and not God's.

God is not a Calvinist.
The Bible does not teach Calvinism... Calvin does.

That teaching is nothing but Calvin's.

But, He's a clever devil, and his writing, his teaching is so filled with dark light that it HEARS like Truth, but isnt.

Of course it is @Wynona ,

How could God hold a sinner accountable, if they had no choice?
I believe mankind is fallen and our flesh is corrupted. But a "sin nature"? I wonder about that.

Which Scriptures mention a "sin nature"? If we have a sin nature, doesn't that mean a similar thing as total depravity?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe mankind is fallen and our flesh is corrupted. But a "sin nature"? I wonder about that.

Which Scriptures mention a "sin nature"? If we have a sin nature, doesn't that mean a similar thing as total depravity?
I wondered about the sin nature as well.

Then found this.

Galatians 5:17-24

Amplified Bible

17 For the sinful nature has its desire which is opposed to the Spirit, and the [desire of the] Spirit opposes the [a]sinful nature; for these [two, the sinful nature and the Spirit] are in direct opposition to each other [continually in conflict], so that you [as believers] do not [always] do whatever [good things] you want to do. 18 But if you are guided and led by the Spirit, you are not subject to the Law. 19 Now the practices of the [b]sinful nature are clearlyevident: they are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality (total irresponsibility, lack of self-control), 20 [c]idolatry, [d]sorcery, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions [that promote heresies], 21 envy, drunkenness, riotous behavior, and other things like these. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the [e]sinful nature together with its passions and appetites.

Reactions: APAK

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then found this.

Galatians 5:17-24​

Amplified Bible​

17 For the sinful nature has its desire which is opposed to the Spirit, and the [desire of the] Spirit opposes the [a]sinful nature; for these [two, the sinful nature and the Spirit] are in direct opposition to each other [continually in conflict], so that you [as believers] do not [always] do whatever [good things] you want to do. 18 But if you are guided and led by the Spirit, you are not subject to the Law. 19 Now the practices of the [b]sinful nature are clearlyevident: they are sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality (total irresponsibility, lack of self-control), 20 [c]idolatry, [d]sorcery, hostility, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions [that promote heresies], 21 envy, drunkenness, riotous behavior, and other things like these. I warn you beforehand, just as I did previously, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the [e]sinful nature together with its passions and appetites.
I see. Nicely done :). Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: APAK and Ritajanice

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The LIGHT< is the "Gospel of the Grace of God".

So reader that is your ministry, as all believers are called to minister The Gospel = to unbelievers.

And the way to do that wrong, is to not understand Salvation correctly... and the other way you do it wrong ....is to make it too complex for them to hear.

Remember , you are talking to someone, more than likely.... who only sees God as "angry with me, and sends people to hell".
They may even be an unbeliever who is infected with some of John Calvin's horrible teaching, and they think.. ."God causes all this evil so why would i want to trust in that """"

So, when you talk to people about their soul , their salvation, dont turn on the Theology. .. .dont start trying to explain about... "well, your spirit is separated from God's because Adam bit the apple and Satan took over, and now you are going to hell because of this. And if you want to become a child of the Light, then you ..............

NO NO NO...

Do not become a pretend bible scholar when dealing with a Soul..

Instead become the LOVE OF GOD.
Become the LOVE OF GOD.
Become merciful to a sinner.
Become kind and caring, and show them that Jesus on the Cross = is God's love for them.

Do THAT, as that is how you lead someone to Christ.

Never try to teach THEOLOGY.....to an unbeliever.
Only show them God's UNCONDITIONAL Love., and let Christ be THAT One for them.

If they wont have it, if they wont listen, then ask.. ."would you mind if i prayed with you". "is there any thing in your life that we could pray about and ask God to help with "??

Many times their TEARS will appear.....because everyone HURTS.
Understand?
'They HURT. They have hurts, pain, disappointing Lives.. Horrible Children, unfaithful husband ,or wife.
Parents never loved them.. Dad abused them...
They have Cancer. They are dying..
They NEED JESUS and dont realize it, but you do, and you are their way to Him..

So, if all they will have is Prayer, then that is wonderful, because they will share their pain, and you share that God is the DOCTOR and the blood of Jesus is the MEDICINE>.

Give it to them.... and God will do the rest.
Its God's will to save them.
Its our job to be available for them.

Listen,

The Devil's main ministry is to prevent everyone from seeing their need for God's Salvation, from believing it, as if he can BLIND YOUR MIND so that you never Trust in Christ then, He just sent them to Hell.

That is what He is currently doing to every unbeliever .
He has blinded their mind so that they can't SEE what we KNOW.... yet.
Yes, God does use other believers to bring them into the light of life, including career preachers, ah hoc ones, friends, family and others around him. Ultimately though it is the Spirit of God that is doing all this work to cause our rebirth and not his instruments used for his pleasure and purpose for his glory.

God's spirit is persistent, and calls our heart to repentance and for our rebirth, and then only choose the 'right' heart. He never makes a bad choice. And those chosen do not realize they have been chosen until they are touched by the Spirit within their heart for the first time. Now realizing from their heart they can never be separate from God, not even by the conviction of occasional sin. They are one of his own now, of his Son and of their new founded Father, amen

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with your definition of sin. I no longer believe that sin is a default state of existence (total depravity). It's a conscious choice we participate in.
Amen!

I believe that before people meet God, if they ever do, they are dead to God. Once a person does meet God, he will be shown the Way to Life, the Way to walk with and toward God and to overcome all of those attractions, which when followed would lead him away from God [to sin]. The attractions, I believe, are expressed well here:

1jo 2:16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1) Lust of the flesh
2) Lust of the eyes
3) Pride of life

Once we have met the Master, so long as He is our Master, we recognize these attractions and by the power of the Holy Spirit we are able to overcome them. Alone, we cannot.

Ac 1:8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
I believe that Jesus was attracted by these same things... but he never succumbed to them. He overcame them:

Joh 16:33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Jesus overcame the attractions of his own world so as not ever sin. He promised us the power of the Holy Ghost so that we could likewise be overcomers. For this reason, Apostle Paul warns us against quenching the [Holy] Spirit:

1th 5:19Quench not the Spirit.

The Spirit is the power as per Acts 1:8 and Acts 2:38. Without Him we can do nothing while alone we can and will sin again... and we know that the wages of sin is death [Rom 6:23]

Those who attain to the Life that Jesus brought [John 10:10] need never die. They are enabled to overcome and thereby receive the promises for overcomers:

Re 2:7He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Re 2:11He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Re 2:17He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Re 2:26And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Re 3:5He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Re 3:12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Re 3:21To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God that is doing all this work to cause our rebirth and not his instruments used for his pleasure and purpose for his glory
Amen!!.....there is no glory in man, we are just earthen vessels that he uses..for his purpose and his plan,xx

• Love
Reactions: APAK

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then found this.

Galatians 5:17-24​

Amplified Bible​

So this is the amplified bible. I wouldnt have found this verse because the KJV translates "sinful nature" as "the flesh".

I guess now I have to decide if the flesh = sin nature. I suppose it is.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So this is the amplified bible. I wouldnt have found this verse because the KJV translates "sinful nature" as "the flesh".

I guess now I have to decide if the flesh = sin nature. I suppose it is.
That’s exactly what I was thinking, Wyona, ..is flesh = sin nature...me to...I thought we inherited sin, not Adams sin nature, to me it doesn’t make sense..my post probably doesn’t make sense either....who knows God may give us the answer through a Brother or Sister,xx

• Love
Reactions: Wynona

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
He blinded me because God had other plans..

The devil blinded you to try to keep you from believing.
He does this to everyone, right until the moment they "first Believed".

God chose me and predestined me to become Born Of The Spirit,

God "foreknew" you would trust in Christ before you were born.
His Foreknowledge knows everything about everything, including who will be born again, after they arrive here.

That is God KNOWING, all things....before they happen........but that is not God causing all things to happen.

See, Calvin falsely re-defined "God's Foreknowledge", as "God pre-destines" and he sold this incredible LIE, as a part of his Theology to billions of people.
The Pope sells Mary to Billons of People.
L. Ron Hubbard sells "Scientology" to millions.

Its what Heretics do.. They create clever doctrines of devils and they sell them as Truth.

All Calvinist's teach that "God's Foreknowledge" is = Calvin's "pre-destined"...

no preacher can birth me in the Spirit , they can sow a seed.

They can sow a SEED and pray that God waters it. but that is all.

It can be that once the seed is sown, and God starts working on the person.. the person may need some answers...

And in that case, the "sower" needs to have them.

It was God who sowed the seed into my heart the evening he made me Born Again ...and it can only be done by him

Sometimes the hearer knows the seed is true, and they refuse it.

Paul teaches this as "they tasted the heavenly gift, and have ""shared in the Holy Spirit" they have been "enlightened" and yet they "fell away".

So, to taste the heavenly gift and to share in the Holy Spirit it to have that seed sown by the Holy Spirit...that is the "Drawing".

This person has become "Enlightened", by the LIGHT of the Gospel, through the power of the Holy Spirit., and yet they "fell away"

They wont have it. They said...>"NO"...

If you read Acts 28:28 you'll find that Paul told these Christ rejectiong Jews that He was taking the Gospel to the gentiles as they would "have it".

These Jews had all you had, and all i had............and they said....'NO", and Paul said....>"there remains no more sacrifice for your sin", as when you reject the Sacrifice, then there is nothing else left.

, plus only he knew the exact time and place he would..Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Yes, he also knows the exact time you will go to bed on April 10th.
God knew this before you were born.
But he does not cause it. Its not "pre-destined".
But He certainly knows it.

I was Born Again by the will of God as his word says and I believe his “ Living “ word, that penetrated my heart...it certainly wasn’t by my will....

Yes, the washing of regeneration by the seed of the word.

And you cant do that of yourself.

All Glory goes to God...a Born Again cannot go on sinning because they have been Born Again of imperishable seed.

That is 1 John 3:9