What Is A Christian?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
People who are already dead require no further judgment. All that is needed is for someone to throw the dirt over their faces when their time to walk around in death is finished. They had hope until they ran out of time.
What I heard is that they do get their judgement -- find out that God exists --- and then, poof!

(who can know for sure???)

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Ye and even atheists and muslims often do better works than christians.
That wasn't my point I'm sure.
Even though you didn't post my entire statement, as usual here, so how can I even remember what I said.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
That wasn't my point I'm sure.
Even though you didn't post my entire statement, as usual here, so how can I even remember what I said.
This is good Job.
But Krishna taught the same concept and he wasn't Christian!
Any other thoughts?
i would say "go, Krishna!" but it would surely be misunderstood--but at least then we would see who has the letter of the law i guess. So, ya--go, Krishna

27A man who is physically uncircumcised, but who fulfills the law, will judge you who are a lawbreaker in spite of having the letter of the law and circumcision.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i would say "go, Krishna!" but it would surely be misunderstood--but at least then we would see who has the letter of the law i guess. So, ya--go, Krishna

27A man who is physically uncircumcised, but who fulfills the law, will judge you who are a lawbreaker in spite of having the letter of the law and circumcision.
Krishna was a light.
Are you the one who Always quotes about the eye being light or dark?

I'm more than certain that some Krishna believers will get into that gate before some Christians will. Mathew 7:22-23
Some believe this to mean unsaved persons --- I believe it means persons who think they are saved but are not following Christ.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What about Hebrews 9:27?
It is appointed for man to die ONCE, and THEN comes the judgement...
not to dispute that, but

27And just as it is appointed for people to die once — and after this, judgment —
28so also the Messiah, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him.

is possibly using a play on words to get a different point across; unless you believe that Christ needs to literally appear again, to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him. Iow is it finished, or not?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Krishna was a light.
does seem like, ya
Are you the one who Always quotes about the eye being light or dark?
hmm. i have quoted the eye is the lamp of the body a few times recently i guess, ya
I'm more than certain that some Krishna believers will get into that gate before some Christians will.
ah, what gate?
Some believe this to mean unsaved persons --- I believe it means persons who think they are saved but are not following Christ.
= imo

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
not to dispute that, but

27And just as it is appointed for people to die once — and after this, judgment —
28so also the Messiah, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him.

is possibly using a play on words to get a different point across; unless you believe that Christ needs to literally appear again, to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him. Iow is it finished, or not?
I read Hebrews 9:27-28 in 3 different bibles; one Italian and the YLT.

I understand this to mean that a person physically dies once. He is judged immediately (and is really already judged before Death) and who is saved will be in the presence of God.

Jesus appearing again refers to His second coming, which is not to bring a sacrifice for the forgiveness of sin, but to bring what salvation of the entire world will accomplish...the new earth.

Yes. IT IS FINISHED. Jesus COMPLETED His task.

What say you?
And don't speak in riddles!
Thanks.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
does seem like, ya

hmm. i have quoted the eye is the lamp of the body a few times recently i guess, ya
ah, what gate?

= imo
What gate?
THE GATE!!!
You know, the one where St. Peter is waiting!
;)

Yes. Some who think they are getting into the narrow gate, will not get in.
And some who think they are NOT getting into the narrow gate, will get in.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus appearing again refers to His second coming,
which is not to be taken literally either, even if it is a completely true and real thing that happens to a precious few.
It is another way to say "when Christ is revealed in you" imo, iow what Paul meant by "absent from the body," which can be accomplished while your heart is still beating, by dying to self

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Yes. IT IS FINISHED. Jesus COMPLETED His task.
millions of Hebrews walked under the door sprinkled with blood and left Egypt Free Men; but only two made it to the Promised Land, right. Meaning that the rest did not follow, which is all they would have needed to do, but they did not. Jesus saved them, too, see, but it did not avail them any

Reactions: GodsGrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What gate?
THE GATE!!!
You know, the one where St. Peter is waiting!
hilarious to me, the stuff we make up, because there is no Scriptural analogue lol.
This "gate" thing is a lie made up by believers who think heaven is a place that they might go to after they die.
There is no Peter at the Pearly Gates anywhere in the Book lol
Yes. Some who think they are getting into the narrow gate, will not get in.
And some who think they are NOT getting into the narrow gate, will get in.
a different concept though right, we call those gates by various terms, those are not the Pearly Gates semantically speaking

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I heard is that they do get their judgement -- find out that God exists --- and then, poof!

(who can know for sure???)

"The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish." Psalm 1:4-6

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish." Psalm 1:4-6
see, all that happens in real-time, right

Reactions: amadeus