What Is A Denominational Church?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada
The first Christians were all Jews trying to figure out how to be Christians.

Since then all Christians have been trying to figure out how to be Christians.

As they gather into like minded groups we label them as denominations.

We even have denominations that call themselves non-denominational Christians.

We also have denominations of individuals who claim to have no denomination.

Mankind at work as usual. If something can be screwed up we will manage to do it.

And if possible we will spend a lot of energy debating denominations.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
So we screw em up......................then we fight about it.............................What are we doing!!!!!! :eek: :wacko:

Be blessed everyone, In all you set your hands to do...............God is Good, and takes pleasure in blessing us.

Jesus is Lord.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
The first Christians were all Jews trying to figure out how to be Christians.

Since then all Christians have been trying to figure out how to be Christians.

As they gather into like minded groups we label them as denominations.

We even have denominations that call themselves non-denominational Christians.

We also have denominations of individuals who claim to have no denomination.

Mankind at work as usual. If something can be screwed up we will manage to do it.

And if possible we will spend a lot of energy debating denominations.

And to make thing even more confusing we now have Christians trying to be Jews.
blink.gif

Martin W.

Jan 16, 2009
Winnipeg Canada

The reason there are so many various denominational churches in the world is the same reason there are millions of threads and millions of viewpoints on (Christian) forums .

Don't fool yourselves into thinking we are some kind of non denominational purist Christians.

We are all guilty of doing the same things which we accuse the denominational church of doing.

We are just like "Them"

Sorry.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I'll tell you Martin. I am non-denominational. I don't have a doctrine but that of Jesus.....................Umph..

Nope..................... They gave me a label........ gotta use it........................Word Of Faith denomination............. hard to pass that over in a Baptist church though..........

Jesus Is Lord.

JarBreaker

Apr 6, 2010
So the Churches that Paul was involved in had the same mind and belief systems, but we do see even back then you had to keep a eye on certain groups causing a split.............

He warned about the beginnings of it here,

1st Cor. 1:12
Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

Then what did we see later ? I am of Luther ( lutheran ) I am of Calvin etc etc etc

Peter, James and the others will one day see their letters mean an awful lot to many Jews during the time of Jacob's Troubles and the tribulation period.

Except that whole thing about Jacob's trouble is pointing mostly to the northern kingdom who are still scattered among the nations.

I believe the Hebrew writings start from Genesis and end, historically, with the Acts period, and the record of the activities of the twelve apostles of the Lord.

ex. 12:49
One law shall be to him that is home born, and to the stranger that sojournes among you.