What is a "new body"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you! Spoken a few times by a few different people.

If it be God's will. You know, I honestly didn't think of it until things in the world started getting really weird.

In the second one, he said something to the effect of, "Don't ever worry about not having anything." (He meant after.) I'm pretty lacking in this life so... I don't know.
Rich people have a hard time getting into heaven. So riches aren't necessarily a blessing? If you're rich then you have more that you should give. It's a responsibility for sure.

Reactions: DuckieLady

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I respect that. Love you brother still in my prayers brother.

@FluffyYellowDuck it took about a full month to understand its fully all biblical. I use to listen to my teacher talk about these things every day.
You're a good one here. Thanks Matthew and love you too brother.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rich people have a hard time getting into heaven. So riches aren't necessarily a blessing? If you're rich then you have more that you should give. It's a responsibility for sure.
Well I was thinking about what @MatthewG said and the New Jerusalem.

But if it was for this life, just IF, after years of homelessness, basically, there would be other things on my mind that aren't about me. Lol

Reactions: dev553344

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just adding to that, everything tangible in this world is fleeting and we can't take it with us, and it seems pointless to worry about boats and cars when there's wells to be built and fields to be cultivated.

Not sure if that makes sense. I mean it literally though, not metaphorically.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck I have had some homelessness also. And would certainly enjoy being able to make it in life without struggle. Some people are blessed that way, but not me. I live from month to month just barely making it thru. And God keeps me that way. He could heal me and make my life livable, but he doesn't and I must love him thru it all.

It is good to get out of our natural thinking and into God's ways. He blesses us with the Holy Spirit of life which is always good and brings hope. It is a much better place for me than my own thoughts for sure. You seem to understand that, so you're on the good path.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck I have had some homelessness also. And would certainly enjoy being able to make it in life without struggle. Some people are blessed that way, but not me. I live from month to month just barely making it thru. And God keeps me that way. He could heal me and make my life livable, but he doesn't and I must love him thru it all.

It is good to get out of our natural thinking and into God's ways. He blesses us with the Holy Spirit of life which is always good and brings hope. It is a much better place for me than my own thoughts for sure. You seem to understand that, so you're on the good path.
You know what comes to mind with that...

Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.

Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

Its a good one to take close to heart.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know what comes to mind with that...

Blessed are you who are poor,
for yours is the kingdom of God.
Blessed are you who hunger now,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who weep now,
for you will laugh.
Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.

Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets.

Its a good one to take close to heart.
That actually helped me today. I've been a little sickened and sad from my mother's death. It's nice to hear those verses.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That actually helped me today. I've been a little sickened and sad from my mother's death. It's nice to hear those verses.
I'm sorry.. I understand. I know that would be hard.

The best part about them is they are all true. Something to look forward to.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry.. I understand. I know that would be hard.

The best part about them is they are all true. Something to look forward to.
It was prophesied to me that I would meet Christ some day. And that is something I have always looked forward to. It's nice to have things to look forward to. I'm a little hard on myself and sometimes wonder if I'll make it to heaven. And reading those scriptures reminds me that the poor are blessed. I enjoy the Holy Spirit mostly. The love, joy and peace is super.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Fluffy, I think that Ephesians 4:20-24 tells us what is happening and what is required of us: -

Ephesians 4:20-24: - 20 But you have not so learned Christ, 21 if indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 that you put off, concerning your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts, 23 and be renewed in the spirit of your mind, 24 and that you put on the renewed/refurbished man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.​
NKJV
What you said, was that you are getting a "new" body, but the passage above talks about that as we renew our minds, that we wrap ourselves in the renewed cloak of God's intended personhood for ourselves. You have been searching and renewing your mind. Now it is time for you to step out in the refurbished personhood that God has always intended you to be, i.e. your renewed body in Christ, to become the beautiful person that I can see in the spirit that God wants you to be so that His glory can be seen through and in you.

Shalom

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
PS to the my above post: -

Paul also wrote this: -

Romans 12:1-2: - Living Sacrifices to God

12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.​
NKJV

As you walk with God in all that you do, He is transforming you into His righteous disciple having removed all the ugly past from you such that it has no hold on you and nor can it drag you down into the pit anymore.

Shalom

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
PS to the my above post: -

Paul also wrote this: -

Romans 12:1-2: - Living Sacrifices to God

12:
1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.​
NKJV

As you walk with God in all that you do, He is transforming you into His righteous disciple having removed all the ugly past from you such that it has no hold on you and nor can it drag you down into the pit anymore.

Shalom

Actually this all makes perfect sense... And has something to do with something I prayed about last night. Thank you!

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody’s mentioned 1 Corinthians 15:42-49 yet? Or does that violate the “no talk of dying” rule because it talks about the resurrection body?

What else could “body” be a metaphor for?

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nobody’s mentioned 1 Corinthians 15:42-49 yet? Or does that violate the “no talk of dying” rule because it talks about the resurrection body?

What else could “body” be a metaphor for?
I wanted to rule out the possibility of it meaning anything leaving earth because it seems very intense, to be honest, and I honestly just don't know where it came from or what to do about it.

Maybe, and I'm not saying this is a fact, but we don't know the day or the hour and neither did Jesus - BUT he did know the last generation and so maybe our time is up.

Maybe that MIGHT have something to do with it. I have absolutely no clue and everyone should assume I'm ignorant and decide for themselves.

Then tell me what they come up with. I'm not sure. I don't know anything.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was insensitive of me; I repent and apologize profusely.

The biblical “body” metaphor that comes to mind is the body of Christ. Do you currently have a church family?

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was insensitive of me; I repent and apologize profusely.

The biblical “body” metaphor that comes to mind is the body of Christ. Do you currently have a church family?

Actually I thought about that too, and the same thing came to my mind too a couple of times, I don't have a church family besides CB.

I thought about a new family, not necessarily marriage, but like a literal family - with people in it. Like you know when you're a person with aunts and uncles and cousins, sort of like that.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Concerning Riches @FluffyYellowDuck from yesterday

“For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭8:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Ephesians 2

so that in the ages to come He might show the surpassing riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topics/Riches,-Spiritual

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is a "new body"?
no body....doesn't have any appeal......annnd, image belongs to the downward trajectory. Seems Jesus ate fish in his new body. Maybe there'll be no waste?....and reproduction? hmmm, seems not .....buuuut, thought travel is on the cards.....in any case, when my body bumps up against your body fluffy, I'll give you a high five.