What Is Faith.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is given to all, if only mustard seed size...
"To EVERY man is given a measure of faith.." ..

When our next step is hidden from view, when our body demands all our attention because of pain. When there is no word from God and He is silent. When darkness and dryness are our only companions. When His felt-presence is totally missing....that which is left, is Faith!

Faith says - "I can't feel You or see You, I can't hear You , yet I trust yet I trust You in the darkness of the soul'...until Your light shines brightly again and I hear the still small Voice.

That to me is faith...enduring faith , solid faith.

....H
Helen now could you have faith the size of a mustard seed what you could do? You could cast a mountain into the sea. The mustard seed was never meant to gage our relationship with the Lord but to show us just how little faith God requires to recieve his righteousness.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree. Faith is belief in Christ. Faith is also knowing what He is like. He came to portray the character of his Father. Why? Because 4000 years of misinterpretation and misunderstanding had painted God as a selfish tyrant. The last 2000 years of so called Christian ministry hasn't changed that perception. For many, both Christian and atheist alike, God is a tyrant. It isn't enough to preach Jesus. We need to portray in our daily lives what Jesus is like. How we believe God to be, that is how we will live our lives.
be hearers and doers of the word .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
“While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.”
— 2 Corinthians 4:18 (KJV)
Hebrews 11 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

⁶ But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Seems that faith is trusting in the unknown and unseen...what ignites our faith to come alive and grow is the hope in God to perform His Word as He promised..to stand on the Covenant He made with us without wavering.
@Heart2Soul I have been loving 2 Corinthians lately.... :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul What I love about 2 Corinthians is that while lots of things were wrong in Corinth in the First Epistle, yet there was evidently recovery; some of the truths brought in by Paul in the Second Epistle are truly sublime....
Yes! Good observation....I appreciate your input especially ones like this:)

Reactions: farouk

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

I think 'hope' in this context means more than we tend to think of it in our ordinary lives. Like 'I hope the sun shines tomorrow' or ' I hope we have steak for dinner'. This sort of hope in the scripture must be a godly sort of hope given by him so that our faith will grow.

Reactions: Helen

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is given to all, if only mustard seed size...
"To EVERY man is given a measure of faith.." ..

When our next step is hidden from view, when our body demands all our attention because of pain. When there is no word from God and He is silent. When darkness and dryness are our only companions. When His felt-presence is totally missing....that which is left, is Faith!

Faith says - "I can't feel You or see You, I can't hear You , yet I trust yet I trust You in the darkness of the soul'...until Your light shines brightly again and I hear the still small Voice.

That to me is faith...enduring faith , solid faith.

....H

Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. - Job 13:15.

I'm sure it may be different for us in some way. But when you go through the refiners fire, and you can't even quote scripture. And you have a hard time even mustering up faith in anything. We have him! You don't put scripture together for that, it just is.

Hellen I hope you stop by and say hi next time you're on :)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is a supernatural virtue or help from God!

it is an intellectual assent to a truth revealed by Christ and proposed by His holy church for our belief!

My God I believe, hope, adore and love Thee, and ask pardon for those who do not!

“Faith is the virtue by which we firmly believe all the truths God has revealed, on the word of God revealing them, who can neither deceive nor be deceived (John 20:29)”

“Hope is the virtue by which we firmly trust that God, who is all-powerful and faithful to His promises, will in His mercy give us eternal happiness and the means to obtain it (Romans 8:24-25)”

“Charity is the virtue by which we love God above all things for His own sake, and our neighbor as ourselves for the love of God (1 Corinthians 13:1-2)”

Act of Faith
O my God, I firmly believe that Thou art one God in three Divine Persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I believe that Thy Divine Son became man and died for our sins, and that He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths which the Holy Catholic Church teaches, because Thou hast revealed them, Who canst neither deceive nor be deceived. Amen.

Act of Hope
O my God, relying on Thy almighty power and infinite mercy and promises, I hope to obtain pardon of my sins, the help of Thy grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer. Amen.

Act of Charity (Love)
O my God, I love Thee above all things, with my whole heart and soul, because Thou art all good and worthy of all my love. I love my neighbor as myself for the love of Thee. I forgive all who have injured me, and ask pardon of all whom I have injured. Amen.