What is Freedom?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I was watching this video last night.
What is Freedom?
Approx. 8 minutes.
Thoughts?
Hugs

It’s possible to talk about freedom yet be removed from it.... it’s possible to talk about love yet not know it..... it’s possible to engage all the words of a higher reality all while hypocrisy rules.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I recall the time when the Lord said to me, "There is no one as blind as the blind man who believes He sees."
I wondered who He was talking about. I've since learned that when He talks to me about stuff like this, it's usually me that He's talking about. If He wants to talk to somebody else, He'll talk to them.
He does talk through others, but having experienced the harm first-hand that this can do to a person, I don't think it's His first choice.
Prophetic words do exist, but we've got to be oh-so-careful in giving...and receiving them. Shalom.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FREE'DOM, noun

1. A state of exemption from the power or control of another; liberty; exemption from slavery, servitude or confinement. freedom is personal, civil, political, and religious. [See Liberty.]

2. Particular privileges; franchise; immunity; as the freedom of a city.

3. Power of enjoying franchises.

4. Exemption from fate, necessity, or any constraint in consequence of predetermination or otherwise; as the freedom of the will.

5. Any exemption from constraint or control.

6. Ease or facility of doing any thing. He speaks or acts with freedom

7. Frankness; boldness. He addressed his audience with freedom

8. License; improper familiarity; violation of the rules of decorum; with a plural. Beware of what are called innocent freedoms.

Websters Dictionary 1828 - Webster's Dictionary 1828 - Freedom