What is Freedom?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think we're all hypocrites at times, if we're honest.
Things will be better when Jesus returns and the Kingdom returns to Jerusalem.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL.... sorry... but NOPE... I can't even walk on the property of a Catholic Church... which is a nuisance because some of those churches are pretty big... which means... I have to walk an extra block... LOL

I heard the first minute and all I could think of is YOU hypocrite... SORRY.... LOL
I understand.
Every now and then the Church produces a Free Spirit.
One who speaks OUT AGAINST those who claim that they themselves are sacred.
He let into the Bishops pretty good.
:)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried to watch the video but I couldn't get past the 1:00 mark... I think the Catholic church has
way bigger problems than Joe Biden.
It's not about Biden really,
It's about bringing the sanctity of life back to the church.
I know the Catholic Church is a big blot, and it takes a lot of "righteous anger" to stand up and protest against ones own "leaders"
He is calling on Catholics to stand firm against abortion.
That is his message.. ultimately.
Hugs

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's not about Biden really,
It's about bringing the sanctity of life back to the church.
I know the Catholic Church is a big blot, and it takes a lot of "righteous anger" to stand up and protest against ones own "leaders"
He is calling on Catholics to stand firm against abortion.
That is his message.. ultimately.
Hugs
I really and truly CANNOT go here with you sister.... in light of all the sexual abuse and murders of our aboriginal children left to rot in unmarked graves in Canada... The Catholic church has a plethora of evil deeds wrapped up in their clergy... so.... like I said... they should be screaming for their divine pope to make an apology to these families who were robbed of loved ones. Sorry... I just can't tolerate this topic... I was shocked to see you post this video...

It's all good... I will shut up... LOL

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I really and truly CANNOT go here with you sister.... in light of all the sexual abuse and murders of our aboriginal children left to rot in unmarked graves in Canada... The Catholic church has a plethora of evil deeds wrapped up in their clergy... so.... like I said... they should be screaming for their divine pope to make an apology to these families who were robbed of loved ones. Sorry... I just can't tolerate this topic... I was shocked to see you post this video...

It's all good... I will shut up... LOL
I think that's what he's trying to do.
But we'll let it rest.
God Bless You Sister
HUGS

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

In a world of FREE Everything...
free housing, free education, free food, free sex, free free free... worldly things..

What are the things that are freely given to us of God?
How can we know them?

I know there are at least 2 lists of attributes.
1 in which the world dictates.. hate, anger, greed, malice..
and 1 in which God dictates.. love, joy peace, goodness, kindness..

We have received.. not going to, or will someday, we have already received the spirit which is of God.
And one of it's purpose is to KNOW what has been freely given us.

Is knowing good enough? Are we to be doing something with this knowing?

You ever go on youtube or facebook and there is some drama, some scandal people are talking about, and they are attracted to it like flypaper.
Good News isn't exciting, it's not encouraged, it's ho hum.. boring.

The things freely given by the world are sensational, amusing, entertaining, they get the andrenelyn? pumping.
Andreneline.

This is the worlds gifts to us. We don't see them as gifts. We don't see them at all.
They become habit forming and simply a part of life.
These "gifts" are tools the world uses to fool us into some kind of acceptance of the way life is supposed to be.

But the gifts that God freely gives us of His spirit, is in total opposition to what the world offers.
Love, Hope, Peace, Joy, Kindness, Goodness, Mercy...
You don't see too many of these kinds of stories posted on Ytube or Facebook.

Just thinking..
Hugs

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To me, being free is to be free of attachment to the things of this world.
After He completes my freedom from nicotine, the next thing will be this world!
Unless, of course, He shows me something else.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Truman the Levite Well, actually @Ziggy has a different perspective from you about nicotine, but I won't even try to speak on her behalf. I think it's inevitable anyway that among believers ppl will have different perspectives on all sorts of things.
From last winter, the Lord has reduced my intake by 90-95%. He is clearly telling me to allow Him to continue removing it from me.
He knows just how to handle me. He's the lover of my soul!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Truman the Levite Great that this has been your experience...
No one's gonna go to hell because they smoke. Or vape. If someone wants to say I'm making excuses, I'll say what my pastor always said I needed to say, "Take a long walk off of a short pier. And while you're at it, mind your own beeswax, Beatrix!"
Sugar attracts flies, nectar attracts bees,
Truth attacks lies, take your pick, please." - from Churchianity by Truman Coates.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No one's gonna go to hell because they smoke. Or vape. If someone wants to say I'm making excuses, I'll say what my pastor always said I needed to say, "Take a long walk off of a short pier. And while you're at it, mind your own beeswax, Beatrix!"
Truth attacks lies, take your pick, please." - from Churchianity by Truman Coates.
:D

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

@Ziggy Great text there! :)

I'm also reminded of 2 Corinthians 3.17: "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." This was also the motto of Marguerite de Navarre in the 16th century: Ubi Spiritus, ibi libertas...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Truman the Levite

Customs come and go, but there are constants also.

Before the American Civil War it was a widespread custom in some areas for women to smoke after church services.

Then came the so called Progressive era when all sorts of customs arose (women supposedly shouldn't smoke because it wasn't ladylike; black people should supposedly be dissuaded from having children - yes, really!! - bizarre.)

Then from when it supposedly wasn't ladylike to smoke, during World War One so many women were involved in sending huge numbers of cigarettes to the troops on the Western Front and soon by the 1920s huge numbers of women were smoking spontaneously and naturally.

@Ziggy said recently:

My mom started smoking when she was 13 or so. ..
You had to choose your battles with the adolescents..I know how to quit if I want to.
Deep breathing techniques work real good for me.
I just don't want to, and that's on me.

God Bless you for listening to my ramblings lol
Hugs

The fact is that in some households it's simply what ppl do, like it or not.

I think if you can quit, more power to you. But it's what so many ppl just do, anyway; never mind about the eccentric stuff about it supposedly not being 'ladylike'.

Reactions: Truman