What is it with abortion-supporting "Christians"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the "secular understanding", FEAR means to be AFRAID. I am not Afraid of the God.
Now you're calling the Bible "secular". Wow!
In the "Spiritual Understanding", (which you have never shown you have),
Fear of the Lord, means Reverence toward God. Yes, I FEAR the Lord, according to "Spiritual Understanding".

Like you, I could repeat Umpteen times, a quote of Scripture...Fear of the Lord, Fear of the Lord, Fear of the Lord....and LIKE YOU, you would be satisfied, thinking I am like you, AFRAID of God!
Maybe you will go and learn for yourself, Secular Understanding and Spiritual Understanding are "very two different" Understandings.
I knew it was just a matter of time until you starting to rewrite the Bible to please you!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I said men can think and do what ever they want....You claim that is idiotic...Newsflash...
God does not prevent men from thinking or doing whatever they want.
Seriously, look at you...repeatedly telling people (from your words, not theirs), what they think, believe, and that they are wrong if they do not agree with what you think and believe. God hasn't Stopped you!

LOL... So I am not the one who made that stupid comment.

Read Scripture... Learn to Agree with God!
Makes NO difference to me if you choose to live in open rebellion against God.
That's on YOU - and MY hands are clean because I shared HIS truth on the matter with you.

So, as you're "LOL"-ing your way to a dire judgement - don't say you weren't warned . . .

May 29, 2021
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A new abortion tool that is gaining widespread use in Texas
:)-
18585_5ab855dc46ab95b37fae2f8339453a77.png

This is true
:)-

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming to be a follower of Christ while supporting abortion is akin to an Auschwitz SS officer claiming to be a follower of Christ. Yet, countless so-called "Christians" support abortion. Anyone that supports abortion is NOT a true Christian and anyone that says otherwise is a HERETIC.

I think there can be exceptions to every rule -- and that nothing is absolutely black-or-white in modern society, regarding these controversial issues. For example, some younger women might have gotten pregnant before they were truly mature enough to understand their responsibilities, I know that America has a very high rate of people getting pregnant even before college and university.

That being said, I am personally generally very strongly against abortion, and am saddened to see so many Americans become indifferent to it. If you are against abortion, you are almost as repulsive and outdated as some kind of racist these days (to some liberal, non-religious people). And did you know that a majority of U.S. Catholics openly support legalizing abortion? I don't even understand...with all due respect, why do they even call themselves Catholic and not leave the church, if they tire of its teachings?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/10/20/8-key-findings-about-catholics-and-abortion/

Reactions: K9Buck

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
I think there can be exceptions to every rule -- and that nothing is absolutely black-or-white in modern society, regarding these controversial issues. For example, some younger women might have gotten pregnant before they were truly mature enough to understand their responsibilities, I know that America has a very high rate of people getting pregnant even before college and university.

That being said, I am personally generally very strongly against abortion, and am saddened to see so many Americans become indifferent to it. If you are against abortion, you are almost as repulsive and outdated as some kind of racist these days (to some liberal, non-religious people). And did you know that a majority of U.S. Catholics openly support legalizing abortion? I don't even understand...with all due respect, why do they even call themselves Catholic and not leave the church, if they tire of its teachings?

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/10/20/8-key-findings-about-catholics-and-abortion/

Abortion is a black or white issue. Young mothers it makes no difference. Even in cases of rape it makes no difference.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abortion is a black or white issue. Young mothers it makes no difference. Even in cases of rape it makes no difference.
As a rape survivor myself, I can attest to the fact that that not every child by rape is unwanted. I wanted my babies ....every time. I know others who were the same.

Reactions: teamventure

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a rape survivor myself, I can attest to the fact that that not every child by rape is unwanted. I wanted my babies ....every time. I know others who were the same.
Let me clarify. I didn't choose abortion. I was subjected to forced late term "abortions" that were considered sacrifice.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my teens, I had a cousin 3 years under me who was pregnant. Her parents and our grandparents kept telling her she was getting an abortion. She didn't want an abortion. She wanted her baby. I was saved by then, about 5 years. I asked if she could spend the night with me. But instead, I took her to her boyfriend's house because he also wanted the baby. I hoped that there was some law that gave him a say in whether his child could be killed ...or at least, he and his parents could hide her out awhile. Well, they found her ....and they did force an abortion on her. Then they sent her away to some girl's home for several months. :(

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Perhaps. But if, for example, I had a younger sister or daughter who became pregnant at an early age, perhaps due to the secular lifestyle or something, what is the moral thing to do then? Should I try to physically prevent them from harming the unborn child?

Or is it more moral to respect their decision? Because for young women in particular, it can be a very massive responsibility. I am not for abortion, but so many women today support the practice, so strongly, both online and in real life, that they think you are almost worse than a controlling and women-hating bigot if you try to oppose them, that I do not know how to reason with them otherwise.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had a decision when I was 14.
Keep the child or put her up for adoption.
My parents were stunned and understandably upset, but they supported me nonetheless.
Today, I don't know if kids have that kind of support. They know times are hard and another mouth to feed and responsibilty put on their parents is a hard thing to even discuss. I think they rather hide and make disappear what happened. And they can do that on the outside...
My daughter just turned 42. I am 56. My grandson is 19 and graduating high school this spring.
Only child I was ever blessed to carry.

I think the best thing someone can do for someone that finds themselves in a situation, is to let them know that they are not alone.
Don't react out of fear of what might be. There are options.
And someday they may look back and find, that was the only chance they had.

Young people need to learn self-respect.
I know it's hard in a world where everyone is looking for love wherever and however they can find it.
We need to try harder to love one another so people don't need to go looking in the wrong places.

Hard topic for me..
Just my thoughts

Hugs

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
Perhaps. But if, for example, I had a younger sister or daughter who became pregnant at an early age, perhaps due to the secular lifestyle or something, what is the moral thing to do then? Should I try to physically prevent them from harming the unborn child?

Or is it more moral to respect their decision? Because for young women in particular, it can be a very massive responsibility. I am not for abortion, but so many women today support the practice, so strongly, both online and in real life, that they think you are almost worse than a controlling and women-hating bigot if you try to oppose them, that I do not know how to reason with them otherwise.

Then I would say stand and make your case then let them make their decision. But we should not bend for feminism either way. Let them foam at the mouth fright infront of you.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The killing of an unborn baby after a heartbeat is detected, is murder and murderers will not enter the kingdom of God. Those who support it partake in the sin and therefore are accessories, and unless they repent, they will likewise perish. That's what my Bible tells me. Others can muddy the waters, but the Word of God is a two-edged sword that cuts through all the BS and makes the issue as plain as day.

Reactions: LouisWilliams