What is it with abortion-supporting "Christians"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming to be a follower of Christ while supporting abortion is akin to an Auschwitz SS officer claiming to be a follower of Christ. Yet, countless so-called "Christians" support abortion. Anyone that supports abortion is NOT a true Christian and anyone that says otherwise is a HERETIC.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When it comes to a monumental disaster like abortion, I dont think there are such things as nuances to be considered. If one goes straight to scripture for guidance it is as plain as day that abortion is off limits for Christians as the commandments say thou shalt not murder. It does not say thou shalt not murder but if the baby is still in the womb that is OK. It does not say thou shalt not murder but if you get pregnant when you didn't intend to them you can murder the baby. And it doesn't say that if you are too poor to have a baby then you can murder it.

As I understand scripture thou shalt not murder means thou shalt not murder. Period.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Claiming to be a follower of Christ while supporting abortion is akin to an Auschwitz SS officer claiming to be a follower of Christ. Yet, countless so-called "Christians" support abortion. Anyone that supports abortion is NOT a true Christian and anyone that says otherwise is a HERETIC.

The subject of Abortion is a slippery slope.
My view IS:
* Legislating FOR or AGAINST "Abortions", IS NOT a Constitutional "DUTY" of the US Federal Government.
* Legislating FOR or AGAINST "Abortions", IS a States "RIGHT" to enact Legislation, "according to the WILL of the citizens of A particular State".
* At NO TIME, do I agree, ANY PERSON (physician or otherwise), can be LEAGLLY FORCED to participate IN effecting an "ABORTION".
* In many States, ANY other person intentionally or unintentionally "CAUSING" a
Fetus to be Aborted, against the WILL of the female, IS a crime.
* Any Pregnant Female CAN (through multiple means) intentionally CAUSE a Fetus to ABORT.
.... According to Scripture...that IS her Burden to Bear...meaning that IS "on her" to bear the "consequences", the sorrow, the feelings, the guilt, the happiness, the relief, any legal penalties (if she acted against the law, and was legally known to have violated the law and charged and penalty resulted...
Whatever the individual female feels then and during the rest of her life.

Gal 6:
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

* I do NOT advocate for Abortions.
* I do NOT agree with the Public at Large being FORCED through Gov't taxation to "financially" SUPPORT Abortions.
(^ THAT a travesty IMO).
* I do NOT "pretend" I have "authority" to DICTATE to any other, what they Can or Cannot DO (except ON MY property, or With MY possessions).
* I DO find it "AGAINST" the teaching of Gods Principles, TO FORCE a fetus to be Aborted.
* I DO find "so called crusaders FOR CHRIST", WHO advocate and support and participate IN "convenience" ABORTIONS... participants in the females long term negative psychological harm.

Inanutshell - People can do as they please.
I have no issue with that....UNTIL ... the accountability and responsibility of ones choices and actions...IS "accountability and responsibility" FORCED on an other.

Reactions: Nancy

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I support another's right to run their own life.
Having said that, I believe abortion is murder.
I agree to a degree.

The right to kill a baby in the womb is not from God, and therefore I would make a law against it as murder in the1st degree, if it were in my power.

We know it is a baby in the womb, and not just a fetus, because God said so "the babe leaped in her womb" (Luke 1) The false science of 'fetus' is proof of a guilty conscience. Therefore,

And in cases of a true choice between a mother's or the baby's life, I would choose my wife.

In any case, I do believe in live and let live to a degree...

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Liberalism always comes first. For a true liberal, everything else takes 2nd seat, whether religion, culture, nationality, tradition...

It is a particularly fascist and totalitarian cult movement. In the end, you either tow the line in every latest insane 'correctness', or you are declared anathema to the 'cause'.

They are the least 'free' people on the planet. Assad in Syria gives more latitude to his Syrians.

The only 'liberty' they have in life, is the liberty to be free of true judgment and moral character. (2 Peter 2)

It is not by coincidence that they started with the right to corrupt sex, and immediately had to move into the right to legal abortion.

It has all been downhill from there, to the point where they are encouraged to decide whether they are male or female from one day to the next.

"And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually." (Gen 6)

"But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be." (Matthew 24)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As somebody who was adopted and my biological mother made the right and easy decision when she couldn't take care of me,... I seriously have absolutely no idea whatsoever.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Self is on the throne. I guess. The apostolic faith puts self to death.
But people want their best life now. We need revival. But first, we need to be desperate, I guess.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, many Nazi SS members identified as Catholic. As did Hitler.
Mr.Biden is Catholic and he supports post-birth abortion. Which in moral America is known as infanticide.

I think Christians, particularly the women, who support abortion should have the courage to watch a late term abortion procedure. Live or a recording.
The recording would allow for recreations of what actually occurs in the womb.

Let's see if they're all for infanticide after that.
Abortion is murder. Oh, but no it isn't! Because it's legal?

So too is capital punishment. That's state sponsored killing out of vengeance.
But it's legal because elected men and women said so. And one elected man or woman concurred and signed it into law.

And with abortion, that's a federal law.

Fascinating isn't it?
We prosecute those who commit murder and in all 50 states. Because the law says murder is illegal.
Until the law says murder is a woman's right. Or, justice.

And humans are said to be the only intelligent life in all the universe.

Clearly the universe has a sense of humor.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I support another's right to run their own life.
Having said that, I believe abortion is murder.[/Q

I am neither liberal nor conservative .
But let me tell you something to think on . Ponder this one .
A liberal goes to a conservative and tells him , Hey you need to wear your mask .
The conservative says to the liberal , HEY its my BODY .
The liberal then says , TRUE but by you not wearing your mask you are putting my body in danger .
Then another wise man enters in and says to them both . ITS SETTLED you both have the right to do with your own
body UNLESS it endangers the LIFE of another . THEN the liberal just cheers and cheers . TILL the wise
man turns to her and says , MIND COMING WITH ME TO THE SUPREME COURT , I CAN USE YOUR WISDOM
TO TURN OVER ROE V WADE . CAUSE as you said to the conservative , HEY its may be your body , but you not wearing a mask
puts me in danger , SO NOW I say to YOU , ITS YOUR BODY my liberal friend , You may do as you please
SO LONG AS IT DOES NOT ENDANGER THE LIFE of THAT UNBORN BABY , OF ANOTHER .
YEAH PONDER ON THAT ONE .

Reactions: Curtis

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
am neither liberal nor conservative .
A liberal goes to a conservative and tells him , Hey you need to wear your mask .
The liberal then says , TRUE but by you not wearing your mask you are putting my body in danger .
Then another wise man enters in and says to them both . ITS SETTLED you both have the right to do with your own
body UNLESS it endangers the LIFE of another . THEN the liberal just cheers and cheers . TILL the wise
man turns to her and says , MIND COMING WITH ME TO THE SUPREME COURT , I CAN USE YOUR WISDOM
TO TURN OVER ROE V WADE . CAUSE as you said to the conservative , HEY its may be your body , but you not wearing a mask
puts me in danger , SO NOW I say to YOU , ITS YOUR BODY my liberal friend , You may do as you please

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The subject of Abortion is a slippery slope.
My view IS:
* Legislating FOR or AGAINST "Abortions", IS NOT a Constitutional "DUTY" of the US Federal Government.
* Legislating FOR or AGAINST "Abortions", IS a States "RIGHT" to enact Legislation, "according to the WILL of the citizens of A particular State".
* At NO TIME, do I agree, ANY PERSON (physician or otherwise), can be LEAGLLY FORCED to participate IN effecting an "ABORTION".
* In many States, ANY other person intentionally or unintentionally "CAUSING" a
Fetus to be Aborted, against the WILL of the female, IS a crime.
* Any Pregnant Female CAN (through multiple means) intentionally CAUSE a Fetus to ABORT.
.... According to Scripture...that IS her Burden to Bear...meaning that IS "on her" to bear the "consequences", the sorrow, the feelings, the guilt, the happiness, the relief, any legal penalties (if she acted against the law, and was legally known to have violated the law and charged and penalty resulted...
Whatever the individual female feels then and during the rest of her life.

Gal 6:
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

* I do NOT advocate for Abortions.
* I do NOT agree with the Public at Large being FORCED through Gov't taxation to "financially" SUPPORT Abortions.
(^ THAT a travesty IMO).
* I do NOT "pretend" I have "authority" to DICTATE to any other, what they Can or Cannot DO (except ON MY property, or With MY possessions).
* I DO find it "AGAINST" the teaching of Gods Principles, TO FORCE a fetus to be Aborted.
* I DO find "so called crusaders FOR CHRIST", WHO advocate and support and participate IN "convenience" ABORTIONS... participants in the females long term negative psychological harm.

Inanutshell - People can do as they please.
I have no issue with that....UNTIL ... the accountability and responsibility of ones choices and actions...IS "accountability and responsibility" FORCED on an other.
Soooooo, by that logic - we shouldn't be legislating ANY laws regarding murder of ANY kind because everybody must bear their "own burden" - lest we "force" them NOT to kill??
That's nonsense. The "slippery slope" argument doesn't work here.

First of all - it is ABSOLUTLY the job of the federal government to legislate it because the FIRST job of the government is to PROTECT the people of this country - per the Constitution.

Abortion is the willful murder of a completely innocent human being. There can be NO rationalization for it - just as you cannot rationalize putting a gun to the head of an infant and pulling the trigger.
ALL who claim profess Christ as Lord yet support this abomination are hypocrites who will be judged accordingly.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soooooo, by that logic - we shouldn't be legislating ANY laws regarding murder of ANY kind because everybody must bear their "own burden" - lest we "force" them NOT to kill??
That's nonsense.

Abortion is the willful murder of a completely innocent human being. There can be NO rationalization for it - just as you cannot rationalize putting a gun to the head of an infant and pulling the trigger.
ALL who claim profess Christ as Lord yet support this abomination are hypocrites who will be judged accordingly.
Bread of life has this one RIGHT ON . Abortion is willfull murder ..........

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
am neither liberal nor conservative .
Some thinking stretches my brain cells to the point where it seems they may snap.
Snap, crackle, pop! Just lost my head! Lol

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, many Nazi SS members identified as Catholic. As did Hitler.

I don't know the breakdown but I presume there was a fair number of Catholics and Lutherans in the SS who professed to be followers of Christ while they oversaw the execution of Jews and others.

It's my understanding that Hitler thought of becoming a priest as a young man but pretty much abandoned his Catholicism shortly thereafter. Hitler, obviously, had a number of severely warped beliefs. Whatever he called himself is pretty much irrelevant as no reasonable person would claim that he was a faithful follower of Jesus. It can certainly be argued that Hitler was a faithful follower of Satan, however.

Reactions: Amazed@grace