What is Legalism?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't say we don't do good things having become a Christian. But I am saying that I'm not relying on my good behavior to "keep me in God's good graces". I'm relying on Jesus.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean as God sees fit, right? God has not left us in clouds of mystery as to what we have to do to not be condemned, and how we are to please him in everything else. I know most Christians will tell you that's not true, but it is true. They are servicing an ungodly agenda of rebellion and unbelief. It's called 'Progressive Christianity'. IMO, it's the prophesied ruin of the church in the end time. It's happening right before our eyes. I mean of those who can see.
Progressive christanity is of the devil . May i go on record as having said that . ITS OF SATAN and i shun its mindset to hades .
May i go on record before all as having typed that . I make no deals with the devils doctrine .

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and so no one can say what the Bible says to obey. Got it. Progressive Christianity 101.
What has always been the goal of satan .
Think back to the tree . What caused the fall of man .
DISOBEDIANCE . Look at how he tried to get JESUS to disobey GOD .
GOD has said , tempt not the LORD . Yet satan twisted doctrine to try and get JESUS to disobey GOD .
JESUS himself said , HE who loves ME , OBEYS ME . Obediance and love WILL NEVER BE SEPERATED .
What a man loves that he will do . IF the Love of GOD is in us , THEN WE WOULD LOVE TRUTH .
And sin is not truth . disobediance is sin and is trangression .
MOst folks love an idea . they love a jesus that in truth is not jesus , its satan .
Folks will walk miles to justify sin , but wont lift a finger to embrace truth , holiness , righteousness .
And when i say most , I am specifically speaking of christendom . As we all know the world already does that .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and so no one can say what the Bible says to obey. Got it. Progressive Christianity 101.
No, actually, from what I've seen, lot's of people say what parts of the Bible should be obeyed.

But everyone who lists what commandments should be kept has their own custom list. I've never seen two that are fully the same, unless someone is limiting to just the "big 10". None actually claim the entire law, just thumbing their noses at God as if they have the right to tell Him what they are going to do to "be right with God".

It really amazes me how people can think that way. There seems to be such a poor understanding of sin, and of God's holiness, and the requirement of forgiveness for us to be with Him.

When people try to add to faith, it just never seems to come out the same way twice.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, actually, from what I've seen, lot's of people say what parts of the Bible should be obeyed.

But everyone who lists what commandments should be kept has their own custom list. I've never seen two that are fully the same, unless someone is limiting to just the "big 10". None actually claim the entire law, just thumbing their noses at God as if they have the right to tell Him what they are going to do to "be right with God".

It really amazes me how people can think that way. There seems to be such a poor understanding of sin, and of God's holiness, and the requirement of forgiveness for us to be with Him.

When people try to add to faith, it just never seems to come out the same way twice.

Much love!
Cause true FAITH IN JESUS , dont pick and choose sin . IT embraces only TRUTH . ONLY righteousness .
Most folks are not born again . Believe me , i know . I was once as they were myself .
Picking and choosing a jesus of my own invention . DId it for years . Did it for many years .
BUT PRAISE GOD FOR HIS WONDEROUS GRACE . PRAISE GOD for His life saving and life Changing grace .
WHich flipped this man of darkness around and into the true light . WHOLE new heart , whole new affections .
Any guesses on what that new heart and affections were on . GOD . GOD . GOD did that FOR ME .
HE drew me to the BIBLCAL JESUS and far from the other jesus s that men preach .
GOD put a love in me that was no longer sensual , but loved that WHICH HE LOVED and had nothing to do with evil actions .
GOD can and does change a man . AND ITS REAL . AND ITS WHY I SAY GO TO BIBLES . PRAY , SEEK GOD , press in
GOD desires our good , but HE WILL DESTROY THE WICKED that repent not and those who try and make an image of jesus
which does not line up with the biblical one .

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause true FAITH IN JESUS , dont pick and choose sin . IT embraces only TRUTH . ONLY righteousness .
Most folks are not born again . Believe me , i know . I was once as they were myself .
Picking and choosing a jesus of my own invention . DId it for years . Did it for many years .
BUT PRAISE GOD FOR HIS WONDEROUS GRACE . PRAISE GOD for His life saving and life Changing grace .
WHich flipped this man of darkness around and into the true light . WHOLE new heart , whole new affections .
Any guesses on what that new heart and affections were on . GOD . GOD . GOD did that FOR ME .
HE drew me to the BIBLCAL JESUS and far from the other jesus s that men preach .
GOD put a love in me that was no longer sensual , but loved that WHICH HE LOVED and had nothing to do with evil actions .
GOD can and does change a man . AND ITS REAL . AND ITS WHY I SAY GO TO BIBLES . PRAY , SEEK GOD , press in
GOD desires our good , but HE WILL DESTROY THE WICKED that repent not and those who try and make an image of jesus
which does not line up with the biblical one .
Something I've been thinking about recently, I'll run it by you . . .

The Law paints a picture, not fully complete, not fully detailed, but a picture of what the heart of love looks like from the outside. Some things are in bright color, fully shown, some things are just represented, to the point that you have to know what you are looking at to see the image.

The law is the shadow, the body is Christ.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is good! Simple. True. We choose truth, and choose righteousness, and don't sit around "parsing sin".

Love it!

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot see Satan but you can see his footprints. You watch what people do and what they say. When they use terms like legalist, or OSAS or grace haters they are profiling themselves. Promoting doctrines of Satan. People that believe in the biblical morals written in the Bible will not use these terms. But when you quote the moral scriptures of the Bible to them it is like presenting a cross to a vampire. You can almost hear them hiss!

I am not addressing Calvinism or their terms because it is blasphemes God. God have mercy on their souls.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! Amen! Amen!

Reading the Bible and praying and seeking God will renew our minds, and by the renewing of our minds we are able to live the righteous life we all want so much.

Much love!
You got that spot on right . Everything about my flesh was and is contrary to God . PRAISE GOD FOR A NEW HEART .
God does that . JESUS IS , and i do mean IS SSSSSSS , the only HOPE one has .

Reactions: marks

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What has always been the goal of satan .
Think back to the tree . What caused the fall of man .
DISOBEDIANCE . Look at how he tried to get JESUS to disobey GOD .
GOD has said , tempt not the LORD . Yet satan twisted doctrine to try and get JESUS to disobey GOD .
JESUS himself said , HE who loves ME , OBEYS ME . Obediance and love WILL NEVER BE SEPERATED .
What a man loves that he will do . IF the Love of GOD is in us , THEN WE WOULD LOVE TRUTH .
And sin is not truth . disobediance is sin and is trangression .
MOst folks love an idea . they love a jesus that in truth is not jesus , its satan .
Folks will walk miles to justify sin , but wont lift a finger to embrace truth , holiness , righteousness .
And when i say most , I am specifically speaking of christendom . As we all know the world already does that .
It seems you two are quite ignorant to the fact that the Holy Spirit is capable of convincing all men of sin.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems you two are quite ignorant to the fact that the Holy Spirit is capable of convincing all men of sin.

No one said that the Holy Spirit cannot convict you, but the Holy Spirit is not going to go against the Bible. You are talking about God being divided against Himself. There is no excuse and no justification....be good and do good.

You should talk it out. Just where do you have issues with morals? I doubt that you are a horrible person, so what is the pothole in the road?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one said that the Holy Spirit cannot convict you, but the Holy Spirit is not going to go against the Bible. You are talking about God being divided against Himself. There is no excuse and no justification....be good and do good.

You should talk it out. Just where do you have issues with morals? I doubt that you are a horrible person, so what is the pothole in the road?
Probably just an misunderstanding, I don’t have issues with morals, the issue is men trying to instruct men in righteousness. Who is there qualifier?

As I posted earlier this communication is on the internet, for all I know any one of you could be a Charles Manson, or a Jim Jones?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably just an misunderstanding, I don’t have issues with morals, the issue is men trying to instruct men in righteousness. Who is there qualifier?

As I posted earlier this communication is on the internet, for all I know any one of you could be a Charles Manson, or a Jim Jones?

I could copy in here a hundred times if you want. Men do not decide what is right or wrong. God decides that and it is for you to read.
Over the last 2000 years men have made man-made sins...wrongs. That is called playing god and they will probably answer for that.
Like the Pharisees they try to make the road to morality harder and add confusion. It is another one of those items where the Fundamentalists violate their own rules and just add things...

Your concern is not valid. It does not matter who is telling you to read the Bible...that is all that counts. What is good and what is bad you will find in the Bible, in statements, stories, parables, and examples. You have no excuse for not knowing what is good.

Reactions: Waiting on him