What is Mystery Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Rather than pursue a spiritual fellowship among brethren (see episode #26 - "the Fellowship of the Mystery") we have largely opted for an artificial religious order based on creeds and algorithms in a bid for conformity rather than true unity. God has resisted this scheme by giving us over to another mystery - that of Babylon.
Incorrect-

The statement is problematic because it presents a false dichotomy between spiritual fellowship and religious order. It suggests that pursuing a religious order based on creeds and algorithms is inherently opposed to spiritual fellowship, which is not necessarily the case. In fact, many religious orders and creeds are designed to promote spiritual fellowship and unity among believers.

Furthermore, the statement's reference to God giving us over to the mystery of Babylon is unclear and potentially misleading.

The term "Babylon" is often used in the Bible to refer to a system of evil or idolatry, but it is not clear how this concept relates to the idea of pursuing a religious order based on creeds and algorithms.

A more accurate and helpful perspective is to recognize that spiritual fellowship and religious order are not mutually exclusive. While it is important to prioritize genuine relationships and unity among believers, religious order and creeds can provide a framework for understanding and practicing our faith. The key is to ensure that our religious practices and beliefs are rooted in a genuine relationship with God and a desire to follow His will, rather than simply conforming to external expectations or traditions (Matthew 15:8-9).

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When you with rebukes correct man for iniquity, you make his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah. Ps. 39:11
David wrote Psalm 39 amidst the challenges of his life, likely facing adversities similar to those described in Psalms 4, 5, and 6, where he sought peace, safety, and healing from God

. Specifically, Psalm 39 expresses David's awareness of the ephemerality of human existence and the futility of striving for worldly success without considering God's sovereignty

. By writing this Psalm, David aimed to encourage others to seek God's wisdom and guidance, acknowledging the limitations of human knowledge and the necessity of humbling oneself before God. Additionally, David's emphasis on the transitory nature of earthly achievements highlights the importance of focusing on eternal matters and maintaining a close relationship with God.

To apply the principles expressed in Psalm 39, consider implementing the following steps into your personal growth journey:
Reflect on the fleeting nature of human existence and material possessions. Recognize that everything in this world is temporary, including wealth, fame, and physical appearance.

Seek God's wisdom and guidance instead of relying solely on human intelligence. Humble yourself before God and ask for direction in making decisions.

Be mindful of the potential negative effects of criticism and rebuke. Strive to use constructive feedback to help others grow rather than causing harm.

Focus on building a strong relationship with God and cultivating virtues such as patience, kindness, and selflessness. These qualities will serve you well during difficult times.
Embrace the opportunity to learn from mistakes and failures. Use setbacks as stepping stones towards personal growth and maturity.

Practice contentment and gratitude. Acknowledge the blessings in your life and find joy in simple pleasures.
Develop a habit of regularly seeking solitude and introspection. Spend time meditating on scriptures and praying about areas needing improvement in your life.

Share the lessons learned from Psalm 39 with friends, family members, and colleagues. Encourage others to embrace humility and rely on God's wisdom.

Remember that applying the principles of Psalm 39 takes time and practice. Be patient with yourself and continue to work at developing a closer relationship with God. With persistence and dedication, you will see positive changes in your life and become a better version of yourself.

Reactions: marks

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hey Nancy. Yes, The truth can sound strange to our ears now. The Old Paths seem to be novel once again.

Blessings sister. :)
The phrase "The Old Path" does not directly correspond to a specific biblical text or doctrine. However, the term seems to be associated with two distinct entities based on the provided search results:
Old Path Tea – According to oldpath.com, Old Path Tea offers herbal tea blends, including hair tonics made from unique combinations of herbs. Although this entity does not relate directly to Christianity, it uses the term "Old Path" in its branding

Old Path Miracle Cathedral Church of God in Christ – Based on oldpathmiraclecath.org, Old Path Miracle Cathedral is a church that preaches holiness and teaches prophetic messages. They aim to win lost souls, make disciples, and love their community to Christ. Again, although this church uses the term "Old Path" in its title, it does not specifically correlate to any particular biblical text or doctrine
maybe you are affiliated with this branch?

In summary, the term "The Old Path" does not have a direct connection to a specific biblical concept. Rather, it is used by different organizations and entities, sometimes referring to traditional values, herbal remedies, or Christian churches. If you are looking for a biblically grounded interpretation of "The Old Path," it would require further exploration within the context of relevant scriptural texts.
J.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
This remind me of when Peter experienced the mount of transfiguration his first impulse was to build some tabernacles to go along with it. The rebuke of God was immediate. We are to hear the Lord not try building something for Him. It's too bad that being so not in touch with God's ways, we have to wait so long to realize we are practicing vanity.
The statement contains a mix of accurate and inaccurate elements. While it references Peter's reaction to the Transfiguration of Jesus and the rebuke he received, there are some inaccuracies in the interpretation presented:
Accurate Element:

Peter did indeed suggest building tabernacles for Jesus, Moses, and Elijah during the Transfiguration (Matthew 17:4).
Inaccurate Elements:
The statement implies that God rebuked Peter immediately for his suggestion, which is not explicitly stated in the biblical account. Instead, God's response was focused on affirming Jesus as His Son and instructing the disciples to listen to Him (Matthew 17:5).

The statement suggests that we should not try to build anything for God but simply hear Him.

While listening to God is crucial, there are instances in the Bible where building for God's glory is encouraged, such as constructing the tabernacle in the Old Testament or spreading the Gospel in the New Testament.

The conclusion about practicing vanity and being out of touch with God's ways may not directly align with the context of Peter's response at the Transfiguration.
In summary, while the reference to Peter's reaction at the Transfiguration is accurate, the interpretation regarding immediate rebuke, building for God, and practicing vanity may require further clarification and alignment with biblical teachings for a more accurate understanding.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, as soon as the Lord does something good we have a tendency to want to "bottle it" in order to have it always. But I believe it is ultimately in His wisdom that there is an ebb and flow with His workings, and a time to everything under heaven. There are times when in His wisdom He withdraws and hides from us. For example, one reason has to do with the flesh....too much of His presence and heavenly bliss while still being mortal and dealing with our old nature can spoil us when we what we need for our good is to suffer. Another reason I believe has to do with allowing things in us to come up to the surface so that they can be dealt with.
How do we know we are in a carnal vanity loop in our minds? How do we know the bible is speaking about us when it rebukes the vanity we settle for? By what is absent... Humility, the fear of the Lord, a repentant heart.

As long as we think we can benefit from God's goodness, we are bound to fall into the Pharisee trap. We can know our bibles very well, and somehow miss understanding God and His ways.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
How do we know we are in a carnal vanity loop in our minds? How do we know the bible is speaking about us when it rebukes the vanity we settle for? By what is absent... Humility, the fear of the Lord, a repentant heart.

As long as we think we can benefit from God's goodness, we are bound to fall into the Pharisee trap. We can know our bibles very well, and somehow miss understanding God and His ways.
Some inconsistencies re your statement-
Your statement contains some misconceptions and inaccuracies that can be corrected and aligned with scriptural data and information:

Misconception about Carnal Vanity Loop:

The concept of being in a "carnal vanity loop" is not explicitly defined in Scripture. While vanity and carnality are addressed in the Bible (Ecclesiastes 1:2, Romans 8:7), the term "carnal vanity loop" may be a subjective interpretation. It is essential to ground our understanding in clear biblical principles.

Identification of Rebuke in the Bible:
The statement suggests that we can identify when the Bible rebukes our vanity by the absence of humility, fear of the Lord, and a repentant heart. While these qualities are crucial for spiritual growth, it is important to remember that God's Word convicts us through His Spirit (Hebrews 4:12) and guides us towards repentance and transformation.

Avoiding the Pharisee Trap:
While cautioning against falling into a Pharisee trap is valid (Matthew 23:25-28), it is essential to recognize that knowledge of Scripture alone does not guarantee understanding God's ways. True understanding comes from a humble heart, a willingness to obey God's commands (John 14:15), and a desire to align our lives with His will.

To correct and apply scriptural data and information:
Encourage a deeper study of Scripture to gain a comprehensive understanding of biblical principles.
Emphasize the importance of humility, fear of the Lord, and repentance as foundational aspects of spiritual growth (Proverbs 9:10, James 4:10).
Highlight the need for a genuine relationship with God, characterized by obedience, love, and a desire to know Him more deeply (John 17:3).
By grounding our beliefs and practices in sound biblical teachings and fostering a humble, repentant heart before God, we can avoid falling into spiritual traps and grow in our understanding of His ways.

Romans 14:5 - "One person esteems one day as better than another; another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind."

Romans 14:6 - "He who observes the day, observes it for the Lord's sake; and he who does not observe the day, does so for the Lord's sake, for he gives thanks to God..."

Romans 14:7 - "None of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself."

Romans 14:8 - "For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s."

Correcting the statement about identifying vanity in the Bible:

Proverbs 9:10 - "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight."

Ecclesiastes 1:2 - "Vanity of vanities, says the Preacher, vanity of vanities! All is vanity."

Ephesians 4:24 - "And let renewal be continually happening in you until our Lord Jesus Christ is formed in you."

James 4:10 - "Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up."

Avoiding the Pharisee trap:
Matthew 23:25-28 - "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence. Blind Pharisee! First clean the inside of the cup and dish, so that the outside also may become clean. Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You pay tithe of mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness. But these are the things you ought to have done, without neglecting the others."

I hope these scripture references support the discussions and aid in deepening your understanding of God's Word.

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than pursue a spiritual fellowship among brethren (see episode #26 - "the Fellowship of the Mystery") we have largely opted for an artificial religious order based on creeds and algorithms in a bid for conformity rather than true unity. God has resisted this scheme by giving us over to another mystery - that of Babylon.
Who is the author of this video, J. F. Morin? He wrote a Christian book in 2022, but I can't find much about it or where the author is coming from; only that he has walked with the Lord in the Spirit for over 40 years. Can you please tell us what is his background and where he's coming from in this video? I never watch a video if I think I'm going to get halfway through only to discover it's made by a crackpot or a false teacher.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

We grow in understanding as we pay the price to follow/obey Him along the way. "BUY the truth, but sell it not". So it really is something RECEIVED from the Lord, ie, when we are at rest, rather than being something we figure out on our own....we are buying truth from HIM, not our own carnal minds. And I believe it is hinged also to whatever part of the Body we happen to be. Humbling to realize that for now we know in part, and we each have our own part. I might have a part that will help someone else and someone else's part may help me.

Reactions: Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We grow in understanding as we pay the price to follow/obey Him along the way. "BUY the truth, but sell it not". So it really is something RECEIVED from the Lord, ie, when we are at rest, rather than being something we figure out on our own....we are buying truth from HIM, not our own carnal minds. And I believe it is hinged also to whatever part of the Body we happen to be. Humbling to realize that for now we know in part, and we each have our own part. I might have a part that will help someone else and someone else's part may help me.
Amen sister!

The statement "Humbling to realize that for now we know in part, and we each have our own part" is a reflection on the limitations of human knowledge and understanding, as well as the diversity of perspectives and experiences that shape our understanding of truth. Here are some Scripture references that align with this concept:

1 Corinthians 13:12 - "For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." This verse acknowledges the limitations of human knowledge and understanding, and the hope of future revelation and understanding.

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." This passage emphasizes the importance of trusting in God's wisdom and guidance, rather than relying solely on our own understanding.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 - "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." This verse highlights the mystery and complexity of God's plans and purposes, which are beyond human comprehension.

Romans 12:3 - "For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you." This passage emphasizes the importance of humility and recognizing the diversity of gifts and perspectives within the body of Christ.

These verses illustrate the importance of humility, trust in God's wisdom, and recognition of the limitations of human knowledge and understanding. While we may each have our own part to play in understanding truth, it is ultimately God who reveals truth to us and guides us in our journey of faith.

--[and not sell books-since we HAVE THE BOOK]

Reactions: Lizbeth

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who is the author of this video, J. F. Morin? He wrote a Christian book in 2022, but I can't find much about it or where the author is coming from; only that he has walked with the Lord in the Spirit for over 40 years. Can you please tell us what is his background and where he's coming from in this video? I never watch a video if I think I'm going to get halfway through only to discover it's made by a crackpot or a false teacher.
It's me! That's my name. During Covid I was constrained to write a book...which I never thought I would do...since, how do you know when there is enough on any given point.

But the Lord directed me and helped me to get through the endeavour. (I think I burned out twice from the effort ;)) But there is now a framework on the deeper life in Christ....laid out like the pieces of a puzzle that come together to form a proper understanding.

What you will find is that popular people and popular books are such because they are already understood by the majority. There can be some depth there...but ususally these conform to opinions that are already shared by the majority. The pieces can come across as disjointed...no semblance of the bigger picture that the pieces are supposed to fit into.

My book is the coming together of the aspects of the truth to form an understanding of the gospel, and the New Covenant that will stand up to the rigours of experience.

To go deeper into the Christian life, you need to go off the beaten paths...to rediscover the ancient paths...that people normally avoid like the plague!

Check out the podcasts. Judge for yourself.
;)

Last edited:

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's me! That's my name. During Covid I was constrained to write a book...which I never thought I would do...since, how do you know when there is enough on any given point.

But the Lord directed me helped me to get through the endeavour. (I think I burned out twice from the effort ;)) But there is now a framework on the deeper life in Christlaid out like the pieces of a puzzle that come together to form a proper understanding.

What you will find is that popular people and popular books are such because they are already understood by the majority. There can be some depth there...but ususally these conform to opinions that are already shared by the majority. The pieces can come across as disjointed...no semblance of the bigger picture that the pieces are supposed to fit into.

My book is the coming together of the aspects of the truth to form an understanding of the gospel, and the New Covenant that will stand up to the rigours of experience.

To go deeper into the Christian life, you need to go off the beaten paths...to rediscover the ancient paths...that people normally avoid like the plague!

Check out the podcasts. Judge for yourself.
;)
I've decided not to check out any of your videos. You strike me as a salesman, not a communicator.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I've decided not to check out any of your videos. You strike me as a salesman, not a communicator.
A yes...the spirit of fear.
Why be afraid of people? We are to fear the Lord and only Him. Afraid of false teachers lurking behind every rock....around every corner. Afraid to trust God, afraid of being afraid.

Selling the gospel for no price. Freely I received and I freely give.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
  1. Biblical Authority:
    • The Bible is considered the authoritative Word of God, and its teachings are inspired by the Holy Spirit.
    • The Bible provides the foundation for Christian growth and discipleship, and it is essential to study and apply its teachings in our lives.
  2. Discipleship:
    • Christian growth and discipleship involve a lifelong process of learning, growing, and maturing in our faith.
    • Discipleship involves following Jesus Christ, learning from His teachings, and imitating His example in our daily lives.
    • Discipleship also involves being part of a community of believers, where we can learn from one another, encourage one another, and hold one another accountable.
  3. Spiritual Practices:
    • Spiritual practices such as prayer, Bible study, worship, and service are essential for Christian growth and discipleship.
    • These practices help us to deepen our relationship with God, understand His will for our lives, and live out our faith in practical ways.
  4. Avoiding False Teachings:
    • While it is important to explore different aspects of our faith and seek deeper understanding, we must also be cautious of false teachings and practices that lead us away from God's truth.
    • We must test all teachings against the standard of God's Word and seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit in discerning truth from error.
In conclusion, while it is important to seek deeper understanding and explore different aspects of our faith, we must do so within the framework of biblical authority, discipleship, spiritual practices, and discernment. We must be cautious of false teachings and practices that lead us away from God's truth and seek to follow Jesus Christ and imitate His example in our daily lives.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The phrase "The Old Path" does not directly correspond to a specific biblical text or doctrine. However, the term seems to be associated with two distinct entities based on the provided search results:
Old Path Tea – According to oldpath.com, Old Path Tea offers herbal tea blends, including hair tonics made from unique combinations of herbs. Although this entity does not relate directly to Christianity, it uses the term "Old Path" in its branding

Old Path Miracle Cathedral Church of God in Christ – Based on oldpathmiraclecath.org, Old Path Miracle Cathedral is a church that preaches holiness and teaches prophetic messages. They aim to win lost souls, make disciples, and love their community to Christ. Again, although this church uses the term "Old Path" in its title, it does not specifically correlate to any particular biblical text or doctrine
maybe you are affiliated with this branch?

In summary, the term "The Old Path" does not have a direct connection to a specific biblical concept. Rather, it is used by different organizations and entities, sometimes referring to traditional values, herbal remedies, or Christian churches. If you are looking for a biblically grounded interpretation of "The Old Path," it would require further exploration within the context of relevant scriptural texts.
J.
Why do you post such nonsense?

“Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.” Jer. 6:16

Is this about tea?

Are you not being described perfectly in the last statement in the above verse?

All you do is google stuff and try to destroy the truth....with a very common spirit of unbelief...so that whoever listens to you...or takes you the least bit serious (which I do not)...can be shaken in their very fragile faith.

But this is disingenuous...and your motives are highly suspect.

You really have no idea what you are doing.

Reactions: faithfulness

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
  1. Biblical Authority:
    • The Bible is considered the authoritative Word of God, and its teachings are inspired by the Holy Spirit.
    • The Bible provides the foundation for Christian growth and discipleship, and it is essential to study and apply its teachings in our lives.
  2. Discipleship:
    • Christian growth and discipleship involve a lifelong process of learning, growing, and maturing in our faith.
    • Discipleship involves following Jesus Christ, learning from His teachings, and imitating His example in our daily lives.
    • Discipleship also involves being part of a community of believers, where we can learn from one another, encourage one another, and hold one another accountable.
  3. Spiritual Practices:
    • Spiritual practices such as prayer, Bible study, worship, and service are essential for Christian growth and discipleship.
    • These practices help us to deepen our relationship with God, understand His will for our lives, and live out our faith in practical ways.
  4. Avoiding False Teachings:
    • While it is important to explore different aspects of our faith and seek deeper understanding, we must also be cautious of false teachings and practices that lead us away from God's truth.
    • We must test all teachings against the standard of God's Word and seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit in discerning truth from error.
In conclusion, while it is important to seek deeper understanding and explore different aspects of our faith, we must do so within the framework of biblical authority, discipleship, spiritual practices, and discernment. We must be cautious of false teachings and practices that lead us away from God's truth and seek to follow Jesus Christ and imitate His example in our daily lives.
You deny the Holy Spirit and the authority of God to try pushing a human agenda based on a misreading...or a non-reading ...of the bible. A common scheme to deny the faith. (You can google that)

People need to avoid the unbelief that you espouse.

The Headship of Christ is testified to in the bible and the bible does not supersede the authority of God. It supports it. The bible is not God.
It is a ruse of the devil to get people to make an idol of the bible...thus eliminating the Living God from the equation...so that the devil can then mislead people by a simple manipulation of the text to have them believe in fables and schemes already being promoted by false teachers.

And the key to this is to make all that sound reasonable. Entire careers in ministry are being offered to those who would peddle the words of the Lord for their own gain and purposes. We should not be surprised that people can be duped into backing up such schemes.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen sister!

The statement "Humbling to realize that for now we know in part, and we each have our own part" is a reflection on the limitations of human knowledge and understanding, as well as the diversity of perspectives and experiences that shape our understanding of truth. Here are some Scripture references that align with this concept:

1 Corinthians 13:12 - "For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known." This verse acknowledges the limitations of human knowledge and understanding, and the hope of future revelation and understanding.

Proverbs 3:5-6 - "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight." This passage emphasizes the importance of trusting in God's wisdom and guidance, rather than relying solely on our own understanding.

Ecclesiastes 3:11 - "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." This verse highlights the mystery and complexity of God's plans and purposes, which are beyond human comprehension.

Romans 12:3 - "For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you." This passage emphasizes the importance of humility and recognizing the diversity of gifts and perspectives within the body of Christ.

These verses illustrate the importance of humility, trust in God's wisdom, and recognition of the limitations of human knowledge and understanding. While we may each have our own part to play in understanding truth, it is ultimately God who reveals truth to us and guides us in our journey of faith.

--[and not sell books-since we HAVE THE BOOK]
Amen! Love those verses. He is a great God, far above our understanding! We each have a measure apportioned to us as the Spirit wills, and just need to continue growing and increasing in whatever we each have, as per the parable of the talents, so that when the Master returns He will find fruit on our tree.

Rom 11:33
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Amen! Love those verses. He is a great God, far above our understanding! We each have a measure apportioned to us as the Spirit wills, and just need to continue growing and increasing in whatever we each have, as per the parable of the talents, so that when the Master returns He will find fruit on our tree.

Rom 11:33
Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out!
Always learning...

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You deny the Holy Spirit and the authority of God to try pushing a human agenda based on a misreading...or a non-reading ...of the bible. A common scheme to deny the faith. (You can google that)

People need to avoid the unbelief that you espouse.

The Headship of Christ is testified to in the bible and the bible does not supersede the authority of God. It supports it. The bible is not God.
It is a ruse of the devil to get people to make an idol of the bible...thus eliminating the Living God from the equation...so that the devil can then mislead people by a simple manipulation of the text to have them believe in fables and schemes already being promoted by false teachers.

And the key to this is to make all that sound reasonable. Entire careers in ministry are being offered to those who would peddle the words of the Lord for their own gain and purposes. We should not be surprised that people can be duped into backing up such schemes.
Do I deny the vital role of the Holy Spirit? Or do I go on experiences?

Denying the Holy Spirit and God's authority to promote a human agenda through misinterpretation or neglect of the Bible:
Acts 5:3–4 (NIV): "Peter said, 'Ananias, how is it that Satan has so filled your heart that you have lied to the Holy Spirit and kept for yourself some of the money you received for the land?'" This verse highlights the consequences of denying the Holy Spirit's guidance and truth.

Encouraging believers to reject unbelief related to these practices:
Hebrews 11:6 (ESV): "And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him." Believing in the Word of God is essential to pleasing Him and seeking His reward.

Affirming the headship of Christ as supported by the Bible rather than supplanted by it:
Ephesians 1:22 (NASB): "And He put all things in subjection under His feet, and gave Him as head over all things to the church," which establishes Jesus' preeminence.

Warning against making the Bible itself an idol instead of recognizing its role as supporting the authority of God:
Colossians 2:8 (KJV): "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." Here Paul warns about following teachings other than those rooted in Christ.

Exposing the deceptive tactic of the devil to eliminate God from the picture through misrepresentation of the Bible:
Matthew 4:1-11 (NRSV): In this passage, we see Satan tempting Jesus with various twists of Scripture; thus, we learn that Satan uses Scripture to lead astray.

Recognizing the potential for ministerial abuse when individuals use the Bible for personal gain:

Proverbs 19:17 (NLT): "Whoever gets ahead by getting rid of his neighbors comes to ruin." This proverb suggests that self-serving actions often result in negative outcomes.

Anticipating that people may fall prey to such schemes:
Romans 16:17-18 (NIV): "I urge you, brothers and sisters, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them. For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naïve people." These verses highlight the importance of discernment and avoiding false teachers.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babylon is the Kingdom which was established under Moses.
It is Israel in all it's glory and all it's sins.
It was created as a protytpe upon the earth to lead man to God.
But it was overtaken by Satan and his minions and those that only think evil thoughts and devise evil scemes upon their beds.
God gave them time for repentance but they would not hear. So they lost the governor ship of Israel and God gave it to Jesus.

Now we are that Kingdom which God place Jesus Governor over. And he is building his Kingdom with those who have faith and believe in him.
Babylon is long gone even though the residual carnal flesh still remains scattered throughout the earth.
God will find those precious stones and gather them as lost pearls to place within His Kingdom.
Which Kingdom we are.

Hugs