What is Mystery Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Epi,
I know you probably know this, but the adversary always fights from 2 towers.... (Think Lord of the Rings here)... When walking the singular path.... "The way", The adversary wants us to fall to one side or the other and get entrenched therein, instead of walking the path before us. Satan fights from two towers legalism and lawlessness, one is overt evil the other covert. They appear opposed to one another, but are in fact aligned with one another.
Good analogy. I see the two towers you refer to as two ditches. On the left is the openly carnal ditch (pesha), and on the right the religious ditch (Avon). Then there are the errors we make that are due to a more simple weakness (Chata-ah) as we seek to follow the way in humility and honour. For every mile of road, there are two miles of ditch.

Sarumon the "white" being aligned with the forces of darkness...(Spirit of fear, as opposed to the Spirit of power, love and a sound mind) This the dualism of the elites of this world, the principalities and powers we wrestle with. The yin and Yang, the checkerboard, as above so below.... And in some cases Luciferianism. Many do not know they are fighting for the adversary they are so indoctrinated into their way of thinking. This is the to and fro Paul speaks of in Ephesians 4:14 which many fall into fighting rather than walking the path.

Yes. Good points. By defending their own level of walk and coming against the perfection of Christ....these are unwittingly championing an opposition to God. He who is not with Me is against Me. And yet by a simple humble stance one can be covered by God's mercy...as in....He who is not against Me is for Me. However, one must first lay down the carnal weapons and arguments.
Like i said, many do not know they are fighting for the adversary, they are merely regurgitating their indoctrination from churches of men, which are unwittingly on the side of Sarumon because he is the white wizard.... it is only with godly love that we may rescue some of them from the fire to come.

Hope this helps...God bless
Amen. And Saruman's followers pride themselves as being superior to the common orcs...being fallen elves. ;)

So these will ALWAYS compare themselves to the total depravity of those who sin openly...not realizing their sins are actually greater and more hidden.

The sin of Ephraim is hid.

God is amazing, and He catches people in their pride.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Epi,
I know you probably know this, but the adversary always fights from 2 towers.... (Think Lord of the Rings here)... When walking the singular path.... "The way", The adversary wants us to fall to one side or the other and get entrenched therein, instead of walking the path before us. Satan fights from two towers legalism and lawlessness, one is overt evil the other covert. They appear opposed to one another, but are in fact aligned with one another. Sarumon the "white" being aligned with the forces of darkness...(Spirit of fear, as opposed to the Spirit of power, love and a sound mind) This the dualism of the elites of this world, the principalities and powers we wrestle with. The yin and Yang, the checkerboard, as above so below.... And in some cases Luciferianism. Many do not know they are fighting for the adversary they are so indoctrinated into their way of thinking. This is the to and fro Paul speaks of in Ephesians 4:14 which many fall into fighting rather than walking the path.

Like i said, many do not know they are fighting for the adversary, they are merely regurgitating their indoctrination from churches of men, which are unwittingly on the side of Sarumon because he is the white wizard.... it is only with godly love that we may rescue some of them from the fire to come.

Hope this helps...God bless
Tree of knowledge of both good and evil...it's not the right Tree at all. Jesus said to beware of both the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod.

Reactions: Azim and David H.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Tree of knowledge of both good and evil...it's not the right Tree at all. Jesus said to beware of both the leaven of the Pharisees and the leaven of Herod.
And yet you champion a Pharisee that is improving in their walk. Or their acting ability. You don't see the chasm that the blind and deaf are unable to perceive. Why? Because of deafness and blindness.

You haven't yet understood God's stand against a "gradual" improvement. As in...Always learning (and improving somewhat) but NEVER coming to the knowledge of the truth. Of such turn away.

Turning away now...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure without looking, but I believe Caiaphas the High Priest and Herod were both given those positions of authority by Caesar?

So who was Israel following when Jesus came?
hugs

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And yet you champion a Pharisee that is improving in their walk. Or their acting ability. You don't see the chasm that the blind and deaf are unable to perceive. Why? Because of deafness and blindness.

You haven't yet understood God's stand against a "gradual" improvement. As in...Always learning (and improving somewhat) but NEVER coming to the knowledge of the truth. Of such turn away.

Turning away now...
No self improvement program here. As you should know from our previous conversations. We are God's workmanship. And He brings us to see what we can't change in ourselves so that we will seek HIM for what we lack.

You know quite well that I do not disagree with you on these things you are talking about on this particular thread.....but other things are so far off they can only be called a false gospel.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This remind me of when Peter experienced the mount of transfiguration his first impulse was to build some tabernacles to go along with it. The rebuke of God was immediate.
This made me laugh, since it is so true of humanity in general when it comes to their default method of religious practices. When we "lift up our tool upon it", we have polluted it, just as God told the ancient Israelites not to hew the stones for the altars they made for God (Ex. 20:25). The more human contributions that are made to the physical and organizational structure of the church, the more we have "polluted" it.

I listened to your entire podcast, and find agreement with your main focus. The institutional church truly has lost the character that God originally designed for it. While God can and has used even greatly flawed systems and people to further the growth of His kingdom in this world, we can certainly do better on our end of it by paying more careful attention to the original, simpler design for Christ's church.

That being said, I do disagree with your identification of this ongoing problem with the institutional church as being the "Mystery Babylon" which John wrote about. Remember, it was going to be the ten horns on the Scarlet Beast in the wilderness (Rev. 17) who would destroy that harlot Mystery Babylon. Those 10 horns hated her, and devoured her flesh and burned her with fire, and made her desolate (Rev. 17:16). And it only took one short, symbolic "hour" to accomplish this. The mighty angel of Rev. 18:21 threw that great stone into the sea, illustrating that Mystery Babylon, like the stone, would be "found no more at all" after that.

Mystery Babylon, "that great city", was Old Jerusalem and the long history it had of persecuting and murdering God's servants, prophets, and apostles sent unto her. Jesus accused Old Jerusalem of this blood guilt in Matt. 23:29-38, and God had His vengeance upon that great city in the AD 66-70 period (the "one hour" it took to destroy her down to the last stone.)

Mystery Babylon, "that great city" (Jerusalem, "where also our Lord was crucified" - Rev. 11:8) was then in John's days ruling over the "kings of the earth". This title "kings of the earth" in scripture referred to the high priests of the land of Israel - NOT in the ordinary sense we think of as a monarch over a country. Israel's royalty was originally set up by God in her high priesthood as "the ruler of thy people" (Acts 23:5). They were called "a kingdom of priests" (Ex. 19:6).

In John's days, the Roman-governed city of Jerusalem was then "reigning over the kings of the earth" by keeping the high priesthood under its control. "We have no king but Caesar" was a clear acknowledgement that Rome-governed Jerusalem had the corrupted high priesthood under its thumb in those days. This was an upside-down state of affairs for Jerusalem's high priesthood, which was originally designed to be in control with its "thrones of judgment" (Ps. 122:5 cp. Deu. 17:8) that passed down decisions for the people in matters related to the laws of God.

"Mystery Babylon" went out of existence by AD 70. Both the Scarlet Beast and its ten horns that hated her and Mystery Babylon herself were all destroyed in that AD 70 "Lake of Fire" conflagration that burned up Jerusalem in the city's "second death". John had predicted that the Scarlet Beast was "about to arise" and also "about to...go into destruction" (Rev. 17:8) soon after that time in John's days. Mystery Babylon, "that great city" of Jerusalem was destroyed by the Scarlet Beast's 10 horns before that Scarlet Beast lost its own existence not long after John wrote the book of Revelation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not sure without looking, but I believe Caiaphas the High Priest and Herod were both given those positions of authority by Caesar?

hugs
Yes, they were captives of Rome when Jesus came. If memory serves, Herod was Rome's idea, but I think it's possible there was corruption and compromise in the Temple ranks, much like there is in the church, where positions of leadership are given to those who men choose rather than who God chooses.

Unfortunately I don't recall the details but I remember reading somewhere quite a while ago that John the Baptist should rightfully have been the High Priest at that time....but that would need checking out and verifying, I just can't remember anything more about it.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This made me laugh, since it is so true of humanity in general when it comes to their default method of religious practices. When we "lift up our tool upon it", we have polluted it, just as God told the ancient Israelites not to hew the stones for the altars they made for God (Ex. 20:25). The more human contributions that are made to the physical and organizational structure of the church, the more we have "polluted" it.

I listened to your entire podcast, and find agreement with your main focus. The institutional church truly has lost the character that God originally designed for it. While God can and has used even greatly flawed systems and people to further the growth of His kingdom in this world, we can certainly do better on our end of it by paying more careful attention to the original, simpler design for Christ's church.

That being said, I do disagree with your identification of this ongoing problem with the institutional church as being the "Mystery Babylon" which John wrote about. Remember, it was going to be the ten horns on the Scarlet Beast in the wilderness (Rev. 17) who would destroy that harlot Mystery Babylon. Those 10 horns hated her, and devoured her flesh and burned her with fire, and made her desolate (Rev. 17:16). And it only took one short, symbolic "hour" to accomplish this. The mighty angel of Rev. 18:21 threw that great stone into the sea, illustrating that Mystery Babylon, like the stone, would be "found no more at all" after that.

Mystery Babylon, "that great city", was Old Jerusalem and the long history it had of persecuting and murdering God's servants, prophets, and apostles sent unto her. Jesus accused Old Jerusalem of this blood guilt in Matt. 23:29-38, and God had His vengeance upon that great city in the AD 66-70 period (the "one hour" it took to destroy her down to the last stone.)

Mystery Babylon, "that great city" (Jerusalem, "where also our Lord was crucified" - Rev. 11:8) was then in John's days ruling over the "kings of the earth". This title "kings of the earth" in scripture referred to the high priests of the land of Israel - NOT in the ordinary sense we think of as a monarch over a country. Israel's royalty was originally set up by God in her high priesthood as "the ruler of thy people" (Acts 23:5). They were called "a kingdom of priests" (Ex. 19:6).

In John's days, the Roman-governed city of Jerusalem was then "reigning over the kings of the earth" by keeping the high priesthood under its control. "We have no king but Caesar" was a clear acknowledgement that Rome-governed Jerusalem had the corrupted high priesthood under its thumb in those days. This was an upside-down state of affairs for Jerusalem's high priesthood, which was originally designed to be in control with its "thrones of judgment" (Ps. 122:5 cp. Deu. 17:8) that passed down decisions for the people in matters related to the laws of God.

"Mystery Babylon" went out of existence by AD 70. Both the Scarlet Beast and its ten horns that hated her and Mystery Babylon herself were all destroyed in that AD 70 "Lake of Fire" conflagration that burned up Jerusalem in the city's "second death". John had predicted that the Scarlet Beast was "about to arise" and also "about to...go into destruction" (Rev. 17:8) soon after that time in John's days. Mystery Babylon, "that great city" of Jerusalem was destroyed by the Scarlet Beast's 10 horns before that Scarlet Beast lost its own existence not long after John wrote the book of Revelation.
Amen, think there is no question at all that it was Jerusalem in the end of that old covenant age....the latter days of that era. But also I believe we better consider the possibility that it was an admonition and warning and example to the church too. To the Jew first, then the Gentile. "Trouble and anguish on every soul that does evil, the Jew first then the Gentile." So watch for these things to happen again with respect to apostate Christianity in the end of this age....back in Jerusalem and the Temple again with papal involvement and whoever in the evangelical church gets swept up in the delusion. What has been will be again. Double unto her double (Rev)....speak comfortably to Israel and tell her she has paid double for her sins (Isaiah). Because right now everything seems headed in that direction.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than pursue a spiritual fellowship among brethren (see episode #26 - "the Fellowship of the Mystery") we have largely opted for an artificial religious order based on creeds and algorithms in a bid for conformity rather than true unity. God has resisted this scheme by giving us over to another mystery - that of Babylon.
Your "sermon" on Mystery Babylon is FALSE, in that it wrongly portrays a mysterious aberration and disfunction in the Church. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Church - which is the Body of Christ.

You claim that this Mystery Babylon began in 325 AD, with the Council of Nicea, with false doctrines emerging, Constantine forcing Bishops to conform, politics, etc... This is wrong!

Nimrod, Babylon, the construction of the Tower of Babel, existed within 200 years of the Flood ( app.2300 BC).
This city is where all false teachings about God began : mysticism, false religions and philosophies, witchcraft and the black arts, astrology, idolatry and basically all the paths that lead away from God and the truth. Babylonians tried to be like God, building a tower to the heavens and so God confused their language and created hundreds of languages instantly, which evolved into thousands. In so doing, He confused them and scattered them throughout the earth.
So when we read about Mystery Babylon in the end times, it is the whole world system, filled with all false religions and philosophies, cults, atheism that were initially generated in the original city of Babylon.

Some have called Jerusalem, Babylon. Some have referred to Rome as Babylon. And now New York as Babylon. They all have the same attributes in common. In Revelation, Babylon is destroyed - not just one city, but all the cities suffer destruction, so it can't be one city. It is the World System that is destroyed and all who follow this system, led by Satan.

The Church is sanctified by God, protected. Man did not mess up His plan, which btw is moving along perfectly in accordance to His will. If you think differently, you do not understand God's sovereignty and providence. God factors in all our errors and blunders - they don't interfere with HIS PERFECT PLAN.

Babylon is symbolically portrayed as a Woman, a Harlot, whom all the nations fornicated with and at times on all of our lives everyone has. We have been saved though and sanctified.

Throughout history, man has had flaws, apparently effecting the Church, implementing false doctrines and so it has gone through changes outwardly. But the Body of Christ, those who are in Christ remains INTACT!.

Reactions: marks and Ziggy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hugs
ISRAEL has always sought the promise given of GOD . the question is not who was israel following
but who did ISRAEL hear . for more info as to why one its captilzed and the other is not
i leave us with these words
But they sheep did not heed them ................................
or
these died in faith
or come this is he whom MOSES spoke of in the law .
THEY BE THE BIG I ISRAEL and all others were still of israel after the flesh .
And the beauty of it all is , now even the believing gentiles are grafted in ...........
THE SHEEP heed BUT ONE VOICE for they are born not of the will of man but of the will of GOD .
AKA they gonna heed the voice of THE KING . FOR THAT IS THE WILL OF GOD HIMSELF .
That excludes the unbelieving jew and gentile . WHO THROUGH FAITH IN THEMSELVES AND A FALSE LOVE
DENY AND DENIED THE ALL OUT BELIEF AND FAITH IN JESUS THE CHRIST .
WHAT THE FLESH CANNOT DO , AND ALL HUMANITY AS BORN OF THE FLESH
is AND ISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS POSSIBLE WITH GOD . TIME TO BELEIVE IN JESUS THE CHRIST
AND TIME FOR ALL TO DENY jesus preached of anti christ .
TIME for all to embrace that which is heavenly and not earthly.
Time for all to abandon all hopes in men , govts of any sort , kingdoms and the kingdom of this world
and rather to OPEN up bibles and learn exactly WHO JESUS IS and all things HE and the prophets
and later the apostles would teach . TIME to do so , before there is no longer time .
BEFORE the DOOR has forever closed and all outside begin to wail ................................

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, they were captives of Rome when Jesus came. If memory serves, Herod was Rome's idea, but I think it's possible there was corruption and compromise in the Temple ranks, much like there is in the church, where positions of leadership are given to those who men choose rather than who God chooses.

Unfortunately I don't recall the details but I remember reading somewhere quite a while ago that John the Baptist should rightfully have been the High Priest at that time....but that would need checking out and verifying, I just can't remember anything more about it.
it was never said in the bible that JOHN had the right to be the High priest .
HOWEVER if we read the bible that goes to the first born son of the high preist .
so in essence john would next have been in line to be the high preist of the temple built by hands .
YET the beauty of it all was that there was no greater prophet than john the baptist
CAUSE HE ACTUALLY POINTED TO THE TRUE GREAT HIGH PREIST OF GOD that would be given UNTO MAN
to save man . ISNT that just beautiful sister .
JOHN was stripped of all his earthen titles and given to be a man rejected and not praised of men
AND YET there was no greater prophet .............
FOR HE would POINT TO JESUS THE CHRIST .
and its about HIGH TIME THE CHURCHES RETURNED TO THAT and abandon all hope
in satans false lovey do all inclusive pile of stink trash love that saves none but damns all .

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your "sermon" on Mystery Babylon is FALSE, in that it wrongly portrays a mysterious aberration and disfunction in the Church. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Church - which is the Body of Christ.

The church is for special people, that can do anything they want? So then if Babylon is not the bondage the churches are in...then why are people enjoined to "come out of her My people lest you also partake of her plagues?" (bet you didn't think that far)
You claim that this Mystery Babylon began in 325 AD, with the Council of Nicea, with false doctrines emerging, Constantine forcing Bishops to conform, politics, etc... This is wrong!

LOL..
Nimrod, Babylon, the construction of the Tower of Babel, existed within 200 years of the Flood ( app.2300 BC).
This city is where all false teachings about God began : mysticism, false religions and philosophies, witchcraft and the black arts, astrology, idolatry and basically all the paths that lead away from God and the truth. Babylonians tried to be like God, building a tower to the heavens and so God confused their language and created hundreds of languages instantly, which evolved into thousands. In so doing, He confused them and scattered them throughout the earth.
So when we read about Mystery Babylon in the end times, it is the whole world system, filled with all false religions and philosophies, cults, atheism that were initially generated in the original city of Babylon.

Some have called Jerusalem, Babylon. Some have referred to Rome as Babylon. And now New York as Babylon. They all have the same attributes in common. In Revelation, Babylon is destroyed - not just one city, but all the cities suffer destruction, so it can't be one city. It is the World System that is destroyed and all who follow this system, led by Satan.

The Church is sanctified by God, protected.

Not man's church. Not what men claim to be church. Having a sign up front of a building that says "church" does not make a place holy. Quite the opposite. It becomes a place of harlotry.
Man did not mess up His plan, which btw is moving along perfectly in accordance to His will. If you think differently, you do not understand God's sovereignty and providence. God factors in all our errors and blunders - they don't interfere with HIS PERFECT PLAN.

You sound like a Trump is God's anointed kind of person. No depth to your thinking at all. If they call it a church then God must recognize it?
Babylon is symbolically portrayed as a Woman, a Harlot, whom all the nations fornicated with and at times on all of our lives everyone has. We have been saved though and sanctified.

Throughout history, man has had flaws, apparently effecting the Church, implementing false doctrines and so it has gone through changes outwardly. But the Body of Christ, those who are in Christ remains INTACT!.
You are not understanding spiritual equivalents. Are you saying you met Babylon in a bar one night?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes they were captives of rome ,
just as today many are now captives of rome and yet know it not .
JESUS CAME to set the captives free . and when i say captives i mean unto sin and unto death and unto the bondage
of what ROME today has led the world as one right into , the bondage of all inclusive love which gathers all
unto the HARLOT and her will , her cup of fornication . WHich has indeed ruled even over JERSUALEM .
What has been has now taken captive even christendom . And as the jews fell away
so too has christendom . and as the leaders of the jews led all into bondage so too does christendom
and always hollering peace n safety and always the evil repents not of his evil for THEY PROMISE THEM LIFE .
THERE AINT NUTTING NEW UNDER THE SUN SISTER
only i have this one thing to say .
HOW MUCH WORSE A PUNISHMENT awaits those
who used the name of JESUS CHRIST and yet preach a love that trod him UNDER FOOT .
IF the jews could be subject to much wrath
if the jews could be put to death under the law
WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU THINK awiats those WHO TROD JESUS UNDER FOOT . ITS MUCH WORSE SISTER . ITELL US ALL
it will be much worse . THE DOOR IS GONNA CLOSE and when IT DOES , MUCH WAILING WILL THEN BE HEARD
in the streets . BUT IT WONT BE THE LAMBS WAILING sister , it will be all who DENIED HIM , JESUS THE CHRIST . all inclusive love
WONT SAVE A SINGEL SOUL . BUT JESUS THE CHRIST can . so its HE and HIM CRUCIFIED this lamb gonna preach
no matter the cost to me for doing so .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen, think there is no question at all that it was Jerusalem in the end of that old covenant age....the latter days of that era. But also I believe we better consider the possibility that it was an admonition and warning and example to the church too. To the Jew first, then the Gentile. "Trouble and anguish on every soul that does evil, the Jew first then the Gentile." So watch for these things to happen again with respect to apostate Christianity in the end of this age....back in Jerusalem and the Temple again with papal involvement and whoever in the evangelical church gets swept up in the delusion. What has been will be again. Double unto her double (Rev)....speak comfortably to Israel and tell her she has paid double for her sins (Isaiah). Because right now everything seems headed in that direction.
Every word written and every example of destruction was recorded for OUR ADOMONITOIN
that we do not the evil they did .
Todays lovey do will not heed this message but rather will heap up a false hope and false love they believe is of GOD
and of CHRIST and that will save them . IT WONT . for it came not nor cometh not OF GOD or CHRIST
but rather of the dragon and that which is of anti christ . THIS aint looking too good sister .
Epi is under it . and i am not falsey accusing him or anyone . This is not gonna bode well for the many who supped upon the lie .

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would agree that Old Jerusalem as "Mystery Babylon" should serve as a warning example and admonition for how God judges religious corruption. The church today is not immune to the same level of corruption, for certain. But I think it is a mistake to carry the specific label of "Mystery Babylon" into times that followed the AD 70 destruction of Old Jerusalem. This confuses the past fulfillment of those terms under which Old Jerusalem / aka Mystery Babylon fell to its final destruction when it would be "found no more at all".

There is a certain cyclical pattern over the chronology of human history in which the world is still embroiled, with repeated episodes of increasing corruption, degradation, then destruction, then revitalization and renewed growth. Through all of these cycles, however, the children of faith who are in Christ continue to increase in their total numbers. Just like the leaven of the kingdom in the parable, this growth is slow, but inexorable, working toward the final stage of development of the bread dough to make the perfect loaf of bread.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Every word written and every example of destruction was recorded for OUR ADOMONITOIN
that we do not the evil they did .
Todays lovey do will not heed this message but rather will heap up a false hope and false love they believe is of GOD
and of CHRIST and that will save them . IT WONT . for it came not nor cometh not OF GOD or CHRIST
but rather of the dragon and that which is of anti christ . THIS aint looking too good sister .
Epi is under it . and i am not falsey accusing him or anyone . This is not gonna bode well for the many who supped upon the lie .
"The LORD knows the thoughts of man, that they are vanity." Ps. 94:11

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like the leaven of the kingdom in the parable, this growth is slow, but inexorable, working toward the final stage of development of the bread dough to make the perfect loaf of bread.
I was looking at leaven the other day. Jesus likened it to hypocrisy in the church.
I understand your comparison of growth, but then there is the puffed up and prideful that kneads to be factored in.
Where unleavened bread is sincerity there is no work kneaded for the perfect bread.

It's this kneading, I connect it to the work of man's hands.
In Leviticus God tells Moses concerning the offerings, and says you shall have no leaven anywhere ever in all your dwellings.
A few hours later... They are telling people to bring flour made with leaven for their sin offerings..
And then later God calls them out in their own hypocrisy.

don't do it:
Lev 2:1
No meat offering, which ye shall bring unto the LORD, shall be made with leaven: for ye shall burn no leaven, nor any honey, in any offering of the LORD made by fire.
Lev 6:17
It shall not be baken with leaven. I have given it unto them for their portion of my offerings made by fire; it is most holy, as is the sin offering, and as the trespass offering.

they did it:
Lev 23:17
Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals: they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the LORD.

God confronted them:
Amo 4:1
Hear this word, ye kine of Bashan, that are in the mountain of Samaria, which oppress the poor, which crush the needy, which say to their masters, Bring, and let us drink.
Amo 4:2
The Lord GOD hath sworn by his holiness, that, lo, the days shall come upon you, that he will take you away with hooks, and your posterity with fishhooks.
Amo 4:3
And ye shall go out at the breaches, every cow at that which is before her; and ye shall cast them into the palace, saith the LORD.
Amo 4:4
Come to Bethel, and transgress; at Gilgal multiply transgression; and bring your sacrifices every morning, and your tithes after three years:
Amo 4:5
And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiving with leaven, and proclaim and publish the free offerings: for this liketh you, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

I just saw this.. Ye kine of Bashan.. made me think of the devils that asked Jesus to let them go into the herd of swine and they ran into the river and drowned themselves.

Interesting, a kine is a heifer, cow, and swine are hogs.
Hos 4:16
For Israel slideth back as a backsliding heifer: now the LORD will feed them as a lamb in a large place.
Hos 4:17
Ephraim is joined to idols: let him alone.
Hos 4:18
Their drink is sour: they have committed whoredom continually: her rulers with shame do love, Give ye.
Hos 4:19
The wind hath bound her up in her wings, and they shall be ashamed because of their sacrifices.

I think there is plenty of leaven in the churches today.
Just saying
Hugs

Reactions: amadeus

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never follow a preterist folks , only partial truths will they teach and lies will be plenty amonst their doctrine
This statement is a bit simplistic, since it lumps all those of every variety of Preterism into one basket. There is as much variety in Preterism as there is in any denomination. Just as there is error found in every single denomination as well.

To accuse Preterism of teaching lies is too easy a slanderous accusation to make, without taking the time to mention which particular teaching is false. Yes, I have found mistaken beliefs in Preterism (even by those with degrees and who write a copious amount of books). But there is too much truth in Preterism that matches scripture content for me to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Reactions: O'Darby

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This statement is a bit simplistic, since it lumps all those of every variety of Preterism into one basket. There is as much variety in Preterism as there is in any denomination. Just as there is error found in every single denomination as well.

To accuse Preterism of teaching lies is too easy a slanderous accusation to make, without taking the time to mention which particular teaching is false. Yes, I have found mistaken beliefs in Preterism (even by those with degrees and who write a copious amount of books). But there is too much truth in Preterism that matches scripture content for me to throw out the baby with the bath water.
Don't mind the bluster from that one. It's just grandstanding.