What is Mystery Babylon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sometimes though, the two or more witnesses are wrong, like Job's friends.
Were they wrong? Turned out Job did have something to repent of in the end. Of being righteous in his own eyes. I think the fault of those witnesses had to do with their heart attitude towards the suffering of Job. Maybe like a plank in their eyes.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 18 The first principle is a process for holding one another accountable. If you believe your brother or sister has sinned, Jesus' instruction in Matthew 18:15–17 is to “go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over.
And if they don't listen, bring a couple of people with you, and if they STILL will not listen, take it before the church.

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And if they don't listen, bring a couple of people with you, and if they STILL will not listen, take it before the church.

Much love!
Totally out of context with a public forum. In a local church, people know each other. And it's a bout personal things...not doctrine. We live at a time, as you read in the bible, that men will not be able to endure sound doctrine...if you want to know why, search your soul for the answer.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God gives false shepherds and their sheep over to death in a spiritual way.

And I am not sure but suspect that maybe the abomination of the Egyptians to be sacrificed to God was simply the sheep that the Egyptians abhorred....? I doubt that the the Israelites were going to sacrifice humans and eat them.....eek!

But I'm a bit confused as to whether you're talking about the church as such, or governments and authorities of the world. I believe governments of the world are supposed to be His arm of justice (insofar as they are being just) and the church is something separate as His arm of mercy. Scripture says governments and authorities are his ministers to mete out punishments for wrongdoing and don't bear the sword for nothing. As such I think capital punishment is just in some instances, as long as there truly isn't any doubt as to the perpetrator. Israel under the Law was used by God to mete out His justice to those who were in the promised land whose transgression had come to the full, the pagans there, Canaanites. Israel was His battle axe and weapon of war to punish the heathen nations round about them. But that is not our mandate as the church.....we are not wrestling with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities, and our weapons are not carnal....and our concern is the mercy that triumphs over justice....loosing and forgiving of sins....and granting freedom and life to those who were condemned to die. But I don't know if this is addressing your train of thought or not.
Hi Lizbeth,
I'm looking at the whole picture.
Our God is a merciful God. Can't change that.
The government under Moses had no mercy.
Who was running Moses' government?
Who was Moses following?
I don't believe it was God, I believe it was the serpent.
And they made an image of the sepent and looked to it for health and healing.
You can't serve God and Mammon, either you will love the one and hate the other.

It is a spiritual battle and sometimes it's difficult to see who is leading the charge.

When Israel came out from under Egypts rule, they had no sin. They were under grace.
Until they became rebellious and refused to listen to him, then he left them to their own devices and allowed them to follow whom they would.
He gave them his commandments to show them how sinful they were, but instead of turning from evil they just kept adding more and more laws. And the laws weren't for God's sake, they were for their own and whom they chose to sacrifice to and to follow.

This is God's seventh day that he went off to so he wouldn't have to look upon the sins man did with their own hands.

Grace became Law. Justice became Judgement. Not God's but man's.

They were seeking a worldly kingdom they could call their own.
They were not seeking God's kingdom because they refused to hear his voice.

Satan get thee behind me...

Today we have God speaking and man speaking, each one telling us which way we should go.
The world is getting louder and many people don't want to listen to God.
So we set up men to rule over us and show us what is the good way, even though they themselves are walking off a cliff.

Same o same o
Some things never change.

Today is Super Tuesday. We get to choose which candidate we think is right for the job. Neither one is perfect, they both have their flaws.
When we have God standing right in front of us, why do we feel the need to follow man?
We are free to follow whom we choose. But our desire to follow Jesus is making the world very uncomfortable.
They tell us, you must choose this or choose that. Who are they? Are they any better than us?

There is only One shepherd for the sheep who hear his voice.
And that's the one I'm following. To hell with the world.

Somehow I have the feeling Noah said something like that.
Hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think God gives false shepherds and their sheep over to death in a spiritual way.

And I am not sure but suspect that maybe the abomination of the Egyptians to be sacrificed to God was simply the sheep that the Egyptians abhorred....? I doubt that the the Israelites were going to sacrifice humans and eat them.....eek!

But I'm a bit confused as to whether you're talking about the church as such, or governments and authorities of the world. I believe governments of the world are supposed to be His arm of justice (insofar as they are being just) and the church is something separate as His arm of mercy. Scripture says governments and authorities are his ministers to mete out punishments for wrongdoing and don't bear the sword for nothing. As such I think capital punishment is just in some instances, as long as there truly isn't any doubt as to the perpetrator. Israel under the Law was used by God to mete out His justice to those who were in the promised land whose transgression had come to the full, the pagans there, Canaanites. Israel was His battle axe and weapon of war to punish the heathen nations round about them. But that is not our mandate as the church.....we are not wrestling with flesh and blood but with powers and principalities, and our weapons are not carnal....and our concern is the mercy that triumphs over justice....loosing and forgiving of sins....and granting freedom and life to those who were condemned to die. But I don't know if this is addressing your train of thought or not.
Its truly as simple as this . The LORD GOD all mighty will give one the desires of their hearts .
Whether it be unto their own destruction , as many idols DOO take the heart away from GOD
or whether it be unto those who live according to HIS WORD , which iS THEIR GOOD .
IF the prophet be decieved when he speaketh , IT IS CAUSE I THE LORD GOD HAVE DECIEVED that prophet .
I will answer him according to the idols of his heart . NOW THAT IS REAL . GOD DOES DO THAT .
WHO will go out to convince him to go up against this king .
I WILL , I WILL GO and convince him . A LYING SPRIIT sent that KING TO HIS OWN DEATH .
by promsing him VICOTRY over the other king in battle . YEAH . IT DO HAPPPEN .
And now CHRISTENDOM has been given over to a delusion and many within now beleive a lie
they believe offers up salvation but ONLY LEADETH THEM UNTO THE HEAD OF ALL EVIL
and unto the day of perdition of ungodly men . IT DO HAPPEN SISTER .
IT TRULY DO .
And for this cause HE shall send them STRONG DELUSOIN to believe A LIE
and BE DAMNED . ITS REAL SISTER . i think its high time these churches flee the voices of men gone wrong
and of men whose hopes were in and are in THIS WORLD , THIS GOVT , in man , NOT IN GOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Lizbeth,
Who was Moses following?
You can't serve God and Mammon, either you will love the one and hate the other.

It is a spiritual battle and sometimes it's difficult to see who is leading the charge.

When Israel came out from under Egypts rule, they had no sin. They were under grace.
Until they became rebellious and refused to listen to him, then he left them to their own devices and allowed them to follow whom they would.
He gave them his commandments to show them how sinful they were, but instead of turning from evil they just kept adding more and more laws. And the laws weren't for God's sake, they were for their own and whom they chose to sacrifice to and to follow.

This is God's seventh day that he went off to so he wouldn't have to look upon the sins man did with their own hands.

Today we have God speaking and man speaking, each one telling us which way we should go.
So we set up men to rule over us and show us what is the good way, even though they themselves are walking off a cliff.

Same o same o

Today is Super Tuesday. We get to choose which candidate we think is right for the job. Neither one is perfect, they both have their flaws.
When we have God standing right in front of us, why do we feel the need to follow man?
We are free to follow whom we choose. But our desire to follow Jesus is making the world very uncomfortable.
They tell us, you must choose this or choose that. Who are they? Are they any better than us?

Hugs
IF truly you mean what you say , THEN abandon now ALL HOPE in any govt of this world .
THEY wont be saving squat , but rather do the will of the dark king to gather all
unto the lie and unto the day of armegeddon .
Ziggy , many perish due to lack of knowledge , for they have chosen the pulpits of men gone wrong
and have chose to sat under that which those men do teach . MANY WONT MAKE IT ZIGGY . MANY .
AND YES GOD IS MERCIFUL , BUT WE MUST REMEMBER TO BEHOLD BOTH HIS GOODNESS AND , YES ZIGGY and HIS SEVERITY .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
and one last step . what if they wont hear the church .
IS it a , b or c .
A . Go ahead and just hug and have unity
B . Overlook the error and say next time you dont get an extra donut at our meeting .
C . cast them out , TILL THEY REPENT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IF truly you mean what you say , THEN abandon now ALL HOPE in any govt of this world .
THEY wont be saving squat , but rather do the will of the dark king to gather all
unto the lie and unto the day of armegeddon .
Ziggy , many perish due to lack of knowledge , for they have chosen the pulpits of men gone wrong
and have chose to sat under that which those men do teach . MANY WONT MAKE IT ZIGGY . MANY .
AND YES GOD IS MERCIFUL , BUT WE MUST REMEMBER TO BEHOLD BOTH HIS GOODNESS AND , YES ZIGGY and HIS SEVERITY .
I just don't believe that God's severity is telling people to kill people because they picked up sticks.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Who under Moses' law was qualified for that?
Or even now?

There's this war going on between good and evil.
Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.
You take my people, Im'a come take your people and we'll just keep passing them back and forth until some remain in your hand and others remain in mine.

I'm just tired. I'm gonna sign off for awhile. I got this bitter lemon wedged between my teeth right now.
I'm not seeing clearly.
Forgive me.
Hugs

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jobs friends actually said truth . they told job he was righteous in his own eyes AS DID GOD too .
What was wrong with them was not their words , IT was ACCUSATIONS , they condemned job
even before they had heard job speak . they assumed my friend .
Their hearts were not in the right place . But they did speak words of truth .
And even as they spoke , JOB answered them cause he already knew this .
Often folks might be there TO ACCUSE one rather than to actually HELP ONE .
Yet they can and might speak truth .
I have seen this first hand .
A man was indeed had done wrong to another . But rather than taking the conversation
to the man who did this person wrong , THEY GOSSIPPED and brought others .
BIG TIME ERROR right there . YOU SEE THey were out for BLOOD . THEY NEVER GAVE ONE RIP about the one who had done the wrong .
THEY just wanted blood and pay back . THAT AINT GOOD my friend .
This is why when another had come to me and told me about the wrong one had done to him
i said this FIRST . I said WHAT DID THIS man say to you when you told him how he hurt you and did wrong too you .
GUESS what they said , OH I NEVER SAID ANYTHING AT ALL TO HIM .
YOU SEE my friend all they wanted to do was make that man look bad . THEY DIDNT care one bit
of the danger he was in , IT was about blood and pay back . BAD NEWS too .
We should correct ANY AND I MEAN ANY and ALL SIN AND ERROR WITHIN the church
but the WHY WE DO AS WE DO , IT MATTERS TOO . IT SHOULD BE because we care for the CHURCH
and we desiire the one IN SIN to repent for their own good .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just don't believe that God's severity is telling people to kill people because they picked up sticks.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
Who under Moses' law was qualified for that?
Or even now?

There's this war going on between good and evil.
Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.
You take my people, Im'a come take your people and we'll just keep passing them back and forth until some remain in your hand and others remain in mine.

I'm just tired. I'm gonna sign off for awhile. I got this bitter lemon wedged between my teeth right now.
I'm not seeing clearly.
Forgive me.
Hugs
And i never said it was . GOD , HIS SERVERITY is HIS JUDGMENT against the ungodly
NOT OURS . HIS .
We are not to harm one hair on the head of even the most wicked .
BUT WARN ANY AND ALLL and ALL AND ANY within the church TO REPENT SO VERY QUICK and FAST
of ANY SIN , FOR GOD WILL JUDGE THEM . and that is a fact ziggy .
WE MUST not cuddle sin within the church and we had better not a one of us
cuddle a false love of this all inclusive gospel from satan himself either .
MUHAMMED WILL SAVE NONE
and any and all who sit under the religoin of ISLAM or ANY OTHER religoin DOES NOT SERVE THE SAME GOD WE DO
AND is only IN GRAVE and deadly danger of damnation , LEST THEY REPENT TO BELEIVE ON JESUS CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jobs friends actually said truth . they told job he was righteous in his own eyes AS DID GOD too .
What was wrong with them was not their words , IT was ACCUSATIONS , they condemned job
even before they had heard job speak . they assumed my friend .
Their hearts were not in the right place . But they did speak words of truth .
And even as they spoke , JOB answered them cause he already knew this .
Often folks might be there TO ACCUSE one rather than to actually HELP ONE .
Yet they can and might speak truth .
I have seen this first hand .
A man was indeed had done wrong to another . But rather than taking the conversation
to the man who did this person wrong , THEY GOSSIPPED and brought others .
BIG TIME ERROR right there . YOU SEE THey were out for BLOOD . THEY NEVER GAVE ONE RIP about the one who had done the wrong .
THEY just wanted blood and pay back . THAT AINT GOOD my friend .
This is why when another had come to me and told me about the wrong one had done to him
i said this FIRST . I said WHAT DID THIS man say to you when you told him how he hurt you and did wrong too you .
GUESS what they said , OH I NEVER SAID ANYTHING AT ALL TO HIM .
YOU SEE my friend all they wanted to do was make that man look bad . THEY DIDNT care one bit
of the danger he was in , IT was about blood and pay back . BAD NEWS too .
We should correct ANY AND I MEAN ANY and ALL SIN AND ERROR WITHIN the church
but the WHY WE DO AS WE DO , IT MATTERS TOO . IT SHOULD BE because we care for the CHURCH
and we desiire the one IN SIN to repent for their own good .
You should repent from iniquity and play-acting and turn to Jesus...for real. Not pretend religion and pretend church...and your pretend accusations and silliness.
You are in DIRE NEED of this.

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should repent from iniquity and play-acting and turn to Jesus...for real. Not pretend religion and pretend church...and your pretend accusations and silliness.
You are in DIRE NEED of this.
something bothered you epi ..............didnt it .
you want to BELIEVE so hard that what i wrote was pretense
because i speak so often against the delusion of the all incluision .
You seen the truth and yet you want so hard to believe i dont mean what i wrote and its all just pretending .
Beware epi , the social gospel came of the dragon , this all inclusive koran accepting islam accepting
and etc cometh OF satan .
The religoin of islam will save none but damn all . ITS TIME WE start telling folks the REAL GOSPEL
and flee that social one cause it wont be saving squat .

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were they wrong? Turned out Job did have something to repent of in the end. Of being righteous in his own eyes. I think the fault of those witnesses had to do with their heart attitude towards the suffering of Job. Maybe like a plank in their eyes.
I Guess I would rather be like Job, than like the friends with the plank in their eyes... Or to use church terms, the ones who need the eye salve.
BTW, Job was not self righteous. The LORD Said the following of him:
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? (Job 1:8)
Job repented of the realization that he did not know the full sovereignty of God. God chose to use him as an example, and gave Him a fiery trial so to speak though he was perfect and upright.

This is what the private war of a saint is all about.... Read some psalms and you will see this, or consider the thorn in the side of Paul.

My Time is limited.

faithfulness

Aug 13, 2018
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Guess I would rather be like Job, than like the friends with the plank in their eyes... Or to use church terms, the ones who need the eye salve.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? (Job 1:8)
Job repented of the realization that he did not know the full sovereignty of God. God chose to use him as an example, and gave Him a fiery trial so to speak though he was perfect and upright.

This is what the private war of a saint is all about.... Read some psalms and you will see this, or consider the thorn in the side of Paul.

My Time is limited.
One of my favorite chapters:
42 Then Job answered the Lord, and said,

2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

7 And it was so, that after the Lord had spoken these words unto Job, the Lord said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.

8 Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.

9 So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the Lord commanded them: the Lord also accepted Job.

10 And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.

11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

12 So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.

13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.

14 And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch.

15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.

16 After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.

17 So Job died, being old and full of days.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

My Time is limited.
Amen. The difference between righteousness and holiness.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

My Time is limited.
Yes indeed.....nevertheless Job did need to repent of something didn't he? And why does God likewise chastise us and prune even our fruitful branches? That we might partake of His holiness.

(And don't forget God's graciousness, ie, grace, to sometimes call those things that be not as though they were.)

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One of my favorite chapters:
42 Then Job answered the Lord, and said,

2 I know that thou canst do every thing, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

3 Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

4 Hear, I beseech thee, and I will speak: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.

5 I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee.

6 Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

7 And it was so, that after the Lord had spoken these words unto Job, the Lord said to Eliphaz the Temanite, My wrath is kindled against thee, and against thy two friends: for ye have not spoken of me the thing that is right, as my servant Job hath.

8 Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.

9 So Eliphaz the Temanite and Bildad the Shuhite and Zophar the Naamathite went, and did according as the Lord commanded them: the Lord also accepted Job.

10 And the Lord turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before.

11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over all the evil that the Lord had brought upon him: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

12 So the Lord blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.

13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.

14 And he called the name of the first, Jemima; and the name of the second, Kezia; and the name of the third, Kerenhappuch.

15 And in all the land were no women found so fair as the daughters of Job: and their father gave them inheritance among their brethren.

16 After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations.

17 So Job died, being old and full of days.
Yes Job ended up speaking what was right in the end.....he had beforehand only known God by the hearing of the ear, but when he finally "saw" the Lord face to face, it made him realize what he was next to a holy God and repented in dust and ashes.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Lizbeth,
Who was Moses following?

Same o same o

Hugs
Sister He is merciful but there is also His wrath. He is a consuming fire. Remember that being like God means knowing both good and evil. He is the one who created the destroyer to work havoc and bible also says in Isaiah (Ch. 45 or 46 I think) that He creates both good and evil.

But He knows how to handle both perfectly and righteously. He has mercy on who He has mercy and hardens who He will. But He will not harden a humble and contrite heart. So there is the aspect of the soil of the heart...willing or not willing, rebellious or loves the the truth, etc. And God foreknows how each soul will respond to Him.

Maybe there is more to it but I believe the serpent represented what was slain on the cross in the body of Jesus. All the sin/iniquity that was laid on Him....the devil defeated. It pointed ahead to the cross that was to come. And it demonstrated the mercy that would come of it.

Think there is never a perfect candidate and no perfect political system in this world either........it's my belief that ultimately political outcomes depend on whether God is blessing or cursing the nation etc. Nebuchadnezzar had to finally realize that the Lord sets up whoever He wills over kingdoms of this world. The thing is, it's important to guard our hearts and not let our hearts get too caught up in any of these things.

Reactions: Ziggy