What is Revival?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The only rants I see are in the videos you post. There is no truth in them. You promote a life long homosexual in the video as a man of God. Blasphemous. Stick to the Bible and not your experiences, feelings, subjectivity etc...
Another false and judgmental rant that negates any form of wisdom and mercy. You think you are so perfect that you can escape the hardest possible judgment...without fear. Like a brute beast meant to be caught and killed. And Lonnie Frisbee was not a lifelong homosexual. This is just one more of your mischaracterizations that you and others like you will answer for very soon.

Reactions: faithfulness

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False: We are sealed with the Earnest of the Spirit, which literally means down payment (2 Corinthians 1:22, 5:5) Look it up, the word literally means down payment

1. an earnest
    1. money which in purchases is given as a pledge or downpayment that the full amount will subsequently be paid

Fulness of God/Christ is an altogether different thing

Again what is the qualification that made Stephen and the Other decans "Full of the Holy Ghost" ? Would you even know what to look for in that person? If every believer is "full of the Holy Ghost, this does not make this a unique requirement for the office of Deacon.

Much of contemporary theology neither understands this nor knows this because they lack this qualification themselves and cannot see nor have they experienced this need in their faith. They are in the delusion of saying I am rich and in need of nothing all the while they are Blind naked and poor and wretched. This is the direct result of textualism which arose in fundamentalism which denies Spiritual revelation from God. May I suggest instead of berating those of us here who are starting to see this need for the riches of His Grace That you pray for Understanding instead..... Paul has a Great Prayer for this In Ephesians 1:17-23. Be a Berrean and not a scribe.
You are conflating things. Believers are sealed with the Holy Spirit not in part but in full. That indwelling, the promise of the spirit in believers is the down payment of our future inheritance and glorification. Its the promise and guarantee of our future hope. You are twisting the passage and making it mean something else.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: amigo de christo

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another false and judgmental rant that negates any form of wisdom and mercy. You think you are so perfect that you can escape the hardest possible judgment...without fear. Like a brute beast meant to be caught and killed. And Lonnie Frisbee was not a lifelong homosexual. This is just one more of your mischaracterizations that one and others like you will answer for very soon.
I know I'm not perfect and can spot false teaching when I see it, the Bible calls it discerning of spirits. Testing the spirits.

Are you a Trinitarian ? yes or no
Is Jesus still a man with a physical human body in heaven ? yes or no

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have no such gift. What you do have is a spirit of suspicion based on an over-inflated religious ego.
Is Jesus a man now in heaven, a human with a physical body ? yes or no

1 Peter 3:15
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another false and judgmental rant that negates any form of wisdom and mercy. You think you are so perfect that you can escape the hardest possible judgment...without fear. Like a brute beast meant to be caught and killed. And Lonnie Frisbee was not a lifelong homosexual. This is just one more of your mischaracterizations that you and others like you will answer for very soon.
he was and you spin that and twist the facts like you do the scriptures.

"Frisbee functioned as an evangelical preacher while also privately socializing as a gay man, before and during his evangelism career, although he stated in interviews that he never believed homosexuality was anything other than a sin in the eyes of God.[5] Both of the denominations he helped to found prohibited homosexual behavior, and he was later excommunicated by the denominations because of his active sexual life, first removing him from leadership positions, and then ultimately firing him.[5] He was shunned and "written out of the official histories."

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
he was and you spin that and twist the facts like you do the scriptures.

"Frisbee functioned as an evangelical preacher while also privately socializing as a gay man, before and during his evangelism career, although he stated in interviews that he never believed homosexuality was anything other than a sin in the eyes of God.[5] Both of the denominations he helped to found prohibited homosexual behavior, and he was later excommunicated by the denominations because of his active sexual life, first removing him from leadership positions, and then ultimately firing him.[5] He was shunned and "written out of the official histories."
He was still used of God and later repented of his sins. What this shows is that no matter how much initial grace is depended upon...one must still go to God...to be crucified...and receive the full measure of grace to walk as Jesus walked.

I think the revival on the West Coast of the US in the late 60's and 70' just shows the superficiality of American religion in general. And yet this is still LESS superficial than the people today who can't see God through the flaws in their own people.

So then those who condemn what God was doing...are inviting MORE judgment on themselves.

If Lonnie Frisbee is the best of what can be produced in the American Christian religious culture of our time...what does that say of those who have far far less in anointing than he had, and judge him for being a sinner? How much darker is the truth of those who are seeking to hide their sins behind Jesus?

Lonnie Frisbee was addicted to Jesus and His ministry...always riding the edge of a wave...to stay in God's will by sheer determination. But the lack of depth prevalent in all American religion left him without help...a dead religious culture with no prophets....instead relying on a self-gratifying religious dogmatism that is steeped in blindness and futility.

I encourage people to see the "Jesus Revolution" movie for both its positive and negative aspects. To see what God is trying to do and how we mess that up.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was still used of God and later repented of his sins. What this shows is that no matter how much initial grace is depended upon...one must still go to God...to be crucified...and receive the full measure of grace to walk as Jesus walked.

I think the revival on the West Coast of the US in the late 60's and 70' just shows the superficiality of American religion in general. And yet this is still LESS superficial than the people today who can't see God through the flaws in their own people.

So then those who condemn what God was doing...are inviting MORE judgment on themselves.

If Lonnie Frisbee is the best of what can be produced in the American Christian religious culture of our time...what does that say of those who have far far less in anointing than he had, and judge him for being a sinner? How much darker is the truth of those who are seeking to hide their sins behind Jesus?

Lonnie Frisbee was addicted to Jesus and His ministry...always riding the edge of a wave...to stay in God's will by sheer determination. But the lack of depth prevalent in all American religion left him without help...a dead religious culture with no prophets....instead relying on a self-gratifying religious dogmatism that is steeped in blindness and futility.

I encourage people to see the "Jesus Revolution" movie for both its positive and negative aspects. To see what God is trying to do and how we mess that up.
Wrong listen to the BIBLE its the only Authority for the believer. It is the truth not what man says or thinks.

Jesus teaching on personal Obedience and Holiness.

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 6:46
Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I say?

Luke 11:28
Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it

John 8:31
If you hold to My teaching you are truly My disciples

John 13:17
If you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

John 13:34-35
I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another; just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

John 14:15
If you love Me you will keep My commandments

John 14:21
Whoever has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me. The one who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and reveal Myself to him."

John 14:23
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word. My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.

John 15:10
If you keep My commandments, you will remain in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and remain in His love.

John 15:14
You are My friends if you do what I command you

John 15:17
This is My command to you: Love one another.

John the disciple whom Jesus loved teaching:

1 John 2
And by this we know that we have come to know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 Whoever says “I know him” but does not keep his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him, 5 but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 6 whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked.

1 John 2
Whoever says he is in the light and hates his brother is still in darkness. 10 Whoever loves his brother abides in the light, and in him there is no cause for stumbling. 11 But whoever hates his brother is in the darkness and walks in the darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

1 John 2
If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of him.

1 John 3
Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. 5 You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. 6 No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. 8 Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. 9 No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10 By this it is evident who are the children of God, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother.

1 John 4
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

1 John 5
Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. 4 For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith

Paul's teaching:

Shall we continue in sin that grace might abound ? May it NEVER be !

Galatians 5
The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 6
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men 10 nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Colossians 3
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. 6 Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. 7 You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8 But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9 Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

Ephesians 2
As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient. 3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

Titus 2:11-15
11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us to the intent that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we would live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present age; 13 looking for the blessed hope and appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, 14 who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity and purify for himself a people for his own possession, zealous for good works. 15 Say these things and exhort and reprove with all authority. Let no one despise you.

hope this helps !!!

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blessings John, I watched the movie as per your suggestion. I realize it is just a movie, but as it was depicted, Lonnie's mistake was when he was asked weather he was a prophet. Pride o pride. Pride comes before a fall. But I enjoyed the movie.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings John, I watched the movie as per your suggestion. I realize it is just a movie, but as it was depicted, Lonnie's mistake was when he was asked weather he was a prophet. Pride o pride. Pride comes before a fall. But I enjoyed the movie.
I find everyone claiming to be a prophet has a huge ego and are filled with pride. I'm not talking about Prophets in the Bible but these modern day self proclaimed ones. And the modern days ones are lone rangers with no accountability.

• Love

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm glad you enjoyed it. You are right. Lonnie became proud of his accomplishments...actually God's... and forgot...or never knew...about learning righteousness. He didn't know the value of humility and the fear of the Lord. He was so used to being used of God ...he never went deeper. At that lack of depth he was open to many temptations that uncrucified people experience.

So we are seeing a LOT of initial grace...but no full measure of grace that causes people to walk as Jesus walked.

As long as we keep busy with the things of God we can perpetuate a shallow understanding of the ways of God. Many ministries do this. So much focus on the first step of a walk in the faith that no other step is walked in or even considered.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That bible was a "reach out" NT that is long gone.

I was relating how God used His presence in a place to convict me of sin. God worked me into moving where and when I did. Even the street name "traverse" means to cross over. So it was God moving and guiding. There's no way I would have sought the Lord unless so deeply convicted of my sins.

I don't really see what you are getting at. The Old Testament is about righteousness, and the New Testament is about holiness. But unless you learn what righteousness is and pursue it...there can be no lasting holiness.

The OT was the bible for the early believers.

Even the motivation to study the scriptures more deeply came from the Lord telling me "Learn Hebrew". From that moment I was hungry to learn.
And what have you learned, and what is the fruit of what you have learned. I do not know Hebrew and yet He(The Holy Spirit) who is with me, knows all languages. We need to test what is whispered in the ear. In the beginning of my journey, while I was reading that new testament Bible it was pre March Madness. Since I was into sports, a man at work came and asked me who I thought would win March Madness and I had no answer. So me being innocent like a child asked The Lord who would win. And I heard "The Wildcats will win. So I told no one and watched all the teams playing. In the end the last two teams were the Kentucky Wildcats and The Arizona State Wildcats. So indeed this was The Lord speaking with a lesson. This year, before March Madness I heard a whispering in my ear with the name of the winner of March Madness. So I had this name even before the sixteen teams were determined. So I decided to route for whatever team was playing the team I heard whispered in my ear. Well March Madness is not over and the team that was whispered in my ear was knocked out early. You see The Lord is not about Basketball, but He is about souls. That was the enemy whispering in my ear hopeing I would be tempted to tell someone that that the Jayhawks would win March Madness this year. So what we hear in the ear must be tested.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A spiritual revival is when Gods people are renewed.

A true spiritual revival is long lasting. it is not just an emotional event where people wake up and are all emotional for a few days or a few weeks. then just fall right back into the rutt they were in

Reactions: Keturah

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You promote a life long homosexual in the video as a man of God. Blasphemous. Stick to the Bible and not your experiences, feelings, subjectivity etc...
Is this person a practicing sexual sinner? And he is being promoted? as he continues his sin?

or is he a person who has been healed?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You promote a life long homosexual in the video as a man of God. Blasphemous. Stick to the Bible and not your experiences, feelings, subjectivity etc...
1 Corinthians 1:27-29 KJV
27) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28) And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29) That no flesh should glory in his presence.

I'm thinking God used the man, even with his flaws.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this person a practicing sexual sinner? And he is being promoted? as he continues his sin?

or is he a person who has been healed?
His testimony is spotted. He's passed away. He'd repented, and later returned to it, and died from it. And as I understand it, repented later, nearer the end of his life.

These are deep and difficult issues, but being corrupted by sin, even horribly corrupted, doesn't mean God can't work His good, even so.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 1:27-29 KJV
27) But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28) And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29) That no flesh should glory in his presence.

I'm thinking God used the man, even with his flaws.

Much love!
We can agree to disagree . I saw the movement as easy believism. A free meal ticket to heaven. Many of the “ converts “ were using psychedelics and experiencing communal love relationships outside of marriage . It was a blend of Christendom mixed with the world. But that’s my opinion and you can hear if from frisbees own testimony.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gods revival in Acts struck a couple to their death for lying to the Holy Spirit. That struck the fear of God in those in Acts. There was no fear of sinning in that movement imho.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can agree to disagree . I saw the movement as easy believism. A free meal ticket to heaven.
I see the fruit still 50 years later. We can disagree, that's OK. And Pastor Chuck, who carried the ball down the field, did not teach "easy believism".

Much love!

Reactions: ChristisGod