Who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a question everyone needs to understand as the scriptures are quite clear....

Who are those who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven, what descriptions does God use in describing the lost and what will happen to them in the end?

Matthew 5:30
And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Luke 13:3
I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

So God is clear who the wicked are and what will happen to them..

Psalm 37:20
But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.

Reactions: Nancy

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The important element here is in the exhortation to not allow ourselves to *become* these people. We may have committed some of these sins, and we may still commit some of them in the future. But to avoid eternal damnation we must choose not to *become* these people who have committed themselves to reject the goodness of God and have abandoned their conscience.

If we have a conscience at all remaining, following our sins, we will repent or hope to become what God created us to be. We don't have to chop our hands off to prove our repentance when we're tempted to steal.

The idea is to not let any inclination towards covetousness to become rooted in us because it will not produce anything for us in the Kingdom of God. And worse, if we completely capitulate to become the covetous person, we will be lost for all eternity.

At any rate, chopping our hands off won't change anybody. It is purely a hyperbolic warning. Real change comes from within, in the heart, when we respond to God's voice within.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet Christians continue in what can only be called bondage to sin, so they have 'become' these people as you say..
The important element here is in the exhortation to not allow ourselves to *become* these people. We may have committed some of these sins, and we may still commit some of them in the future. But to avoid eternal damnation we must choose not to *become* these people who have committed themselves to reject the goodness of God and have abandoned their conscience.

If we have a conscience at all remaining, following our sins, we will repent or hope to become what God created us to be. We don't have to chop our hands off to prove our repentance when we're tempted to steal.

The idea is to not let any inclination towards covetousness to become rooted in us because it will not produce anything for us in the Kingdom of God. And worse, if we completely capitulate to become the covetous person, we will be lost for all eternity.

At any rate, chopping our hands off won't change anybody. It is purely a hyperbolic warning. Real change comes from within, in the heart, when we respond to God's voice within.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who confess they love God, yet they hate their neighbor, or judge themselves better than so-and-so.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People who confess they love God, yet they hate their neighbor, or judge themselves better than so-and-so.
Correct . and this happens to flow two ways . If one can see his brother in need and he or she has the ability
to give them something and yet dont , HOW then does the Love of GOD dwell in such a person .
It also goes to say that if we see our fellow brethren in SIN and yet we wont try and correct sin
but rather , under guise of todays all inclusive false love , we do not correct them , rather accept the sin
THEN we hate them . And we hate GOD.
An example o the latter .
And i challenge all to do this . Go into any inclusive judge not lovey do church .
Simply READ aloud certain passages in church . Like say romans chapter one .
THEN watch how they respond towards you and them scriptures . They who hollered JUDGE NOT
and LOVE the loudest , SURE DONT SEEM to love the holy scrips that expose certain sins .
Rather they seem to embrace that which GOD hates and either wont correct it and even later they begin to honor them sins .
As they hold up rainbows , or as they hold up a golden bull prosperity gospel .
Yeah . FOR sure and for certain , I SAY we got us a major delusion going on round here and in many churches indeed .
Their version of what they think is love and tolerance , SURE has led them to HATE and ZERO tolerance for the WORD and words
of GOD . JUST saying . SOMETHING has went dead wrong .

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet Christians continue in what can only be called bondage to sin, so they have 'become' these people as you say..

I tend to agree. I think Christ was teaching what we call a sermon on the mount corporately. IOW His words are for the whole body that professes to belong to Christ. We are all called to be light and salt in a world filled with darkness that has lost all savor for anything that is good. When Christ departed this world, He left His body with gifts.

Ephesians 4:11-16 (KJV) And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

When the whole body of Christ, the Church, functions, doing the works Christ has given us to do, then we are that Light and Salt of the earth. And together we function as a complete or whole body in unity of faith and doctrine, in knowledge of the Son of God. But when one of members of the body is found to be in sin, it is that part of the body of Christ that must be cut off or excommunicated that the whole body of Christ does not fall into the same sinful desires that shall lead to destruction of the whole. I think the jest of what Christ is teaching His whole body is that if we allow unrepentant sin to be found in the body of Christ, the whole body will suffer. We see this truth in so many churches and congregations of professing believers today. Many of those who think themselves members of the body of Christ who discount sin within its members will one day be called to give account before God, and shall Him say, "depart from Me, I never knew you."

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on what you mean by "become these people." I don't think true Christians become damned people. I believe "nominal Christians" can become damned people.

I'm OSAS. Nominal and real Christians look very much alike. But real Christians are saved by faith, and not by their works. The important thing is they embrace Christ as their Savior. What they do after that they will have to account for later.

Those who fully reject Christ for all time will have to account for that decision. It is different than simply backsliding.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on what you mean by "become these people." I don't think true Christians become damned people. I believe "nominal Christians" can become damned people.

I'm OSAS. Nominal and real Christians look very much alike. But real Christians are saved by faith, and not by their works. The important thing is they embrace Christ as their Savior. What they do after that they will have to account for later.

Those who fully reject Christ for all time will have to account for that decision. It is different than simply backsliding.
Well the scriptures say only a small part or remnant will be part of the saved, so most will hold on to their sin and remain in bondage. Christ will have to tell them they are filled with iniquity and have not truly made a relationship and come to Him, but remain with their sin.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the scriptures say only a small part or remnant will be part of the saved, so most will hold on to their sin and remain in bondage. Christ will have to tell them they are filled with iniquity and have not truly made a relationship and come
Many who love sin and refuse to let go of it cometh to another jesus , NOT JESUS CHRIST .
For they love their sin and will not come to the biblical Christ , lest their sin be exposed .
Rather they will come in troops unto a harlots den . a den which teaches from a cup of fornications
a cup which promises salvation while giving them their sinful hearts desire . MANY NOW SIT at that table .
But lambs dont . Lambs expose the table of darkness and light , for no such table is OF CHRIST .
Ye cannot sit at the table of the all inclusive and the table of CHRIST
ye cannot sit at the table of coexist and of Christ
Ye cannot sit at the table of the dark rainbow and of CHRIST . for surely ye shall serve the WHORE and not CHRIST . YE cannot do both .
DECISIONS , DECISOINS , mulitiudes of decisions , CHOOSE YE ONE and CHOOSE YE ALL
to partake of the TABLE of CHRIST and not of men and what they try and pass off as CHRIST or as love .
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY , FOR THE DAY OF THE LORD IS NEAR INDEED in the valley of decision . Time has run its course
and inquity has surely abounded . The love for TRUTH has waxed ice cold through a love of the mixture .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the scriptures say only a small part or remnant will be part of the saved, so most will hold on to their sin and remain in bondage. Christ will have to tell them they are filled with iniquity and have not truly made a relationship and come to Him, but remain with their sin.
I certainly agree with some of this. But some involves a conflation of issues that need to be separated out.

There is the issue of God having established nations, and ideally, wanting the whole nation to live by faith, to be faithful to Him. But over time, the faith of some erodes, and ultimately, there is only a small remnant to maintain the truth.

But this doesn't mean that the fall of a believing nation condemns the majority of the nation to Hell! On the contrary, God's word cannot fail. Though He may have to cast out all those who reject faith, He will still have a full nation of faith at some point in the future.

So this is a process. God has to rule by choosing sheep and rejecting goats. The nation may come under terrible judgment. But the net effect will be the removal of the wicked, and the addition of a new generation to replace them.

Even more, those who repent can be restored. So it isn't so easy to say that all people who rebel against God in the majority of the world will be lost. Many will repent and be saved, or saved "through the fires of discipline." But I do agree that the majority of the human race will be condemned to Outer Darkness. I hope not, but I suppose we'll see?

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I certainly agree with some of this. But some involves a conflation of issues that need to be separated out.

There is the issue of God having established nations, and ideally, wanting the whole nation to live by faith, to be faithful to Him. But over time, the faith of some erodes, and ultimately, there is only a small remnant to maintain the truth.

But this doesn't mean that the fall of a believing nation condemns the majority of the nation to Hell! On the contrary, God's word cannot fail. Though He may have to cast out all those who reject faith, He will still have a full nation of faith at some point in the future.

So this is a process. God has to rule by choosing sheep and rejecting goats. The nation may come under terrible judgment. But the net effect will be the removal of the wicked, and the addition of a new generation to replace them.

Even more, those who repent can be restored. So it isn't so easy to say that all people who rebel against God in the majority of the world will be lost. Many will repent and be saved, or saved "through the fires of discipline." But I do agree that the majority of the human race will be condemned to Outer Darkness. I hope not, but I suppose we'll see?
Are we talking like Nineveh?

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All the families of the earth that do not inhabit God's fertile field/soil.

Converse of Gen 12:3

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are we talking like Nineveh?
Yes, there are many examples of entire peoples repenting. Later, Nineveh returned to their paganism and lawlessness, and were destroyed as a nation.

God wants not just individuals but also societies to serve Him. Anything less and we have a mess!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, there are many examples of entire peoples repenting. Later, Nineveh returned to their paganism and lawlessness, and were destroyed as a nation.

God wants not just individuals but also societies to serve Him. Anything less and we have a mess!
But you find how societies such as the Jews were corrupted with rabbinical traditions and outright hypocrisy to say nothing of what they sought to do to Christ.
Matthew 12:14
Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

We see John the Baptist calling them out...
Matthew 3:7
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven?​

Those who don't want to. They have their own Kingdom.....and their own rewards....already!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven?​

Those who don't want to. They have their own Kingdom.....and their own rewards....already!
What about those who claim they are predestined, and yet keep their addictions of sin...?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What about those who claim they are predestined, and yet keep their addictions of sin...?
Deception, it matters not which colour it comes in, constructs God in the image of Man. It justifies self and condemns others. It has no admiration or interest in real terms in the God who condescends and identifies with a creature, (man).... is long-suffering so that none should perish.

We are warned of deceptions that are present and are to come. We do well to heed them.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deception, it matters not which colour it comes in, constructs God in the image of Man. It justifies self and condemns others. It has no admiration or interest in real terms in the God who condescends and identifies with a creature, (man).... is long-suffering so that none should perish.

We are warned of deceptions that are present and are to come. We do well to heed them.
Very true.....