What is the Baptist church.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
I have (pasrt tence)attended for about ten years of my life some southern baptist churches .I can only say I attended because they would not accept me since i was baptized as a infant and always claimed so.What was rather surprising to me was . I was never accepted and never wanted to be a member . but many others with some awfuly dubius hedrodox views of the bible , creation ,the trinity ,etc had no problem gaining easy membership. So long as they were baptized as adults.It was my ten year experiance in southern baptist churches That one could believe in almost any thing they wanted and it seemed that was ok or at the very least tolerated , so long as the person did not believe in . Baptismal regeneration----------http://www.lcms.org/ca/www/cyclopedia/02/d...MALREGENERATION

DrBubbaLove

Jan 17, 2008
agreed, that would be too much like Catholic doctrine to them and it goes without saying anything Catholic would be feared and hated as sinful and doctrine of man.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
(DrBubbaLove;37466)
agreed, that would be too much like Catholic doctrine to them and it goes without saying anything Catholic would be feared and hated as sinful and doctrine of man.
as the protestant reformer Zwingli put it .Lutherans they are to "catholic" to be concidered protestant.May that ever be so!

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
The baptist church closest to where I live does not have a cross anywhere on their property. Do the baptists not like the cross? The only reason I don't go to this church is because I don't want to go to a church that is ashamed to "advertise" for Jesus with the use of a cross. I think when a cross is used it is an undeniable symbol of Jesus Christ.