What is the basis of efficacious faith?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

wayofthespirit

More often partly wrong than wholly right
Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
I'll discuss things with Agnostics, Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, whoever.

IMO, when Christ came it was to open up the way to God for the entire world.....not just for the few believers within the 31% for whom Christianity is their 'native' religion.
I believe that there will be multitudes who will stand before God in his New Jerusalem, redeemed by the Blood of Christ on the basis of faith in such as God reveals to them and requires of them, yet who will never have seen a Bible or heard what we call the Gospel Message.

Few can stretch their faith to that extent.....yet they can't tell me on what other basis those multitudes will either perish or inherit eternal life.
(I tend towards Annihilationism rather than Universal Restoration.....but anything rather than Eternal Hellfire for other than the Devil, the Beast, and the False Prophet)

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
I'll discuss things with Agnostics, Atheists, Muslims, Buddhists, whoever.

IMO, when Christ came it was to open up the way to God for the entire world.....not just for the few believers within the 31% for whom Christianity is their 'native' religion.
I believe that there will be multitudes who will stand before God in his New Jerusalem, redeemed by the Blood of Christ on the basis of faith in such as God reveals to them and requires of them, yet who will never have seen a Bible or heard what we call the Gospel Message.

Few can stretch their faith to that extent.....yet they can't tell me on what other basis those multitudes will either perish or inherit eternal life.
(I tend towards Annihilationism rather than Universal Restoration.....but anything rather than Eternal Hellfire for other than the Devil, the Beast, and the False Prophet)
You come across as one who wants to know things. Have you started with the most important subject? Have you wanted to come to know God? Do you know God?

If one knows God he or she will not deliberately commit a sin. A person who knows God has heard him call him or her by name.

When one comes to know God he or she can ask him about thing they would like to know, and sometimes he or she will receive answers.

Now a person may receive instructions such as I did from Jesus. Jesus told me to stop trying to figure him out and just follow him.

wayofthespirit

Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
You come across as one who wants to know things. Have you started with the most important subject? Have you wanted to come to know God? Do you know God?

If one knows God he or she will not deliberately commit a sin. A person who knows God has heard him call him or her by name.

When one comes to know God he or she can ask him about thing they would like to know, and sometimes he or she will receive answers.

Now a person may receive instructions such as I did from Jesus. Jesus told me to stop trying to figure him out and just follow him.

I just try to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling and I don't have a problem with God doing whatever he chooses without my permission or ruling on whether it accords with something that others consider him to have said and be bound by.
If per chance someone cannot work out their own salvation, I am always ready to give an answer for how I'm working out mine.
But mostly my advice would lean towards "Seek and ye shall find...knock and it shall be opened unto you"

Christ came.
Christ made atonement so that we could be reconciled to God.
• On completion of which Christ returned from whence he came.
• Having sent 'the Comforter' to ensure that the Christ who was, who came, and who left, should in fact thereon come again and again and remain and dwell in human hearts.

IMO "Christ Within" fulfils man's every need, and works to the perfecting (completing) of a man….. and that applies to all who by their own free will choose to do what God had already elected that they should choose to do.

Peace be with you all....Mike.

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010
I just try to work out my own salvation with fear and trembling and I don't have a problem with God doing whatever he chooses without my permission or ruling on whether it accords with something that others consider him to have said and be bound by.
If per chance someone cannot work out their own salvation, I am always ready to give an answer for how I'm working out mine.
But mostly my advice would lean towards "Seek and ye shall find...knock and it shall be opened unto you"

Christ came.
Christ made atonement so that we could be reconciled to God.
• On completion of which Christ returned from whence he came.
• Having sent 'the Comforter' to ensure that the Christ who was, who came, and who left, should in fact thereon come again and again and remain and dwell in human hearts.

IMO "Christ Within" fulfils man's every need, and works to the perfecting (completing) of a man….. and that applies to all who by their own free will choose to do what God had already elected that they should choose to do.

Peace be with you all....Mike.

(1 John 2:27) “But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

wayofthespirit

Feb 16, 2010
North Norfolk, UK
.Thankful,

Is that you saying that we are both on pretty much the same page....or are you suggesting that I am in need of further correction?

Mike

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA

Rev 20:12-15
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
(KJV)

If we want understanding, we have to be careful to listen to Him in His Word firstly, and not to the world, and not to ourselves. Even if God speaks to us 'within' through a still small voice to open our eyes to a matter, we are STILL to verify it in His Word of Truth, not relying on our own reasoning. We are ALL guilty at times of allowing our own reasoning to take over, and it can go against His Holy Writ.

What believer on The Father through His Son Jesus Christ would want all those who have not heard The Gospel to perish?

Apostle Peter said in 2 Pet.3:9 that it is God's will that all repent and none perish. Per Philippians 2, Romans 14:11, Psalms 72, and Isaiah 45 every knee shall bow to Christ Jesus, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

But will some perish along with Satan and his angels for refusing Christ Jesus as Lord? Yes. There will not be a second rebellion against The LORD.

If God doesn't want them to perish, but to repent, and we as believers want the same, then WHO'S DECISION will it be for those who refuse Him to perish? It will be THEIR OWN decision. The LORD will not make that CHOICE for any soul.

As per Zechariah 14 when Christ's future thousand years reign comes, there will be a requirement for all nations to come up to Jerusalem to worship The KING, The LORD of hosts, and hold the feast of tabernacles. Some nations in that time will still... be rebellious, and refuse to do that.